Grim Reaper

38. Prunella Scales

So is this one of the slowest years that has been, like ever?

3 minutes ago, Putin said:

Aye, you could always hurry things along by - like - starting a war with America, or summat

• Like 1

Aye WW3 OR WW4 IF U WANT MATE

PS IF SOMEONE WANT IT SERIOSLY, IT'S JUST A JOKE MATES

3 hours ago, Putin said:

As someone here already said, people are just keeping themselves alive to see the end of the final GoT season. Everyone will kick the bucket come end of may, I assure you that.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, roaming_comrade said:

As someone here already said, people are just keeping themselves alive to see the end of the final GoT season. Everyone will kick the bucket come end of may, I assure you that.

And if they don't we'll send Ayra Stark round

• Haha 2

On 27/12/2018 at 19:40, Ulitzer95 said:

She’s no fucking idea what’s going on.

Leave Theresa May out of this thread

• Haha 5

18 hours ago, roaming_comrade said:

It's also possible that some Marvel fans were just holding on for Endgame, of course. 

54 minutes ago, paddyfool said:

It's also possible that some Marvel fans were just holding on for Endgame, of course. 

Now that the Emperor is back for the last SW Episode, they might just hold out till December 2019, in which case we might see little to no deaths.

In any case, I think the little amount of deaths may actually be connected to the year 2019. Many people might just wanna die in the year 2020, since it sounds much cooler, just like many 99 year olds hustle till their 100th birthday. 

Aye, well - if it's seeing the finale of water cooler TV that's holding them we're due a May Bank Holiday Monday hit after Line of Duty reveals the true identity of H.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Aye, well - if it's seeing the finale of water cooler TV that's holding them we're due a May Bank Holiday Monday hit after Line of Duty reveals the true identity of H.

I think H is a red herring.  It wasn't a name he was spelling out, he was going to go "How the fuck would I know?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Toast said:

I think H is a red herring.  It wasn't a name he was spelling out, he was going to go "How the fuck would I know?"

Aye, well - either way = logging off and giving it a watch!

New series of canel jouneys start next week. Advertised as 'could it be their last.'

6 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

New series of canel jouneys start next week. Advertised as 'could it be their last.'

Advertised as “repeats of the last series - she just doesn’t know.....”

• Haha 3

Oh dear, I'm getting old... missed her 87th birthday yesterday!

Congratulations, Prunella! :birthday:

• Like 6

Canal Journeys is back for a one off special. No big trips, just a toddle through Oxford. The TV previews focused on Prunella's "vastly deteriorating health".

Watching it, Prunella Scales apparently doesn't really talk much anymore unless heavily prompted, and is having to holding herself up by the barrier. She is also fully deaf. Her voice overs are all from previous years. She also no longer focuses on the camera. Her voice is also a lot more slurred when she does talk.

Also rather notably this episode is filled of clips from older adventures. Much less current stuff.

Timothy West himself has aged in the last 2 years quite badly. He says his own memory is struggling, and he doesn't look a well man. I think they wont last 6 months without the other when the first one goes.

“The canals will carry on without us. I just wonder if we can carry on without them.”
Timothy West
  • Like 1

FUUUCK

Church Curator - And there we have a memorial to Princess Diana.

Prunella - Oh... didn't she die young?

Dementia, man...

9 hours ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

Given her overall status, I give her 5 or 6 years. Possibly more. 

Ambitious IMHO - though Nobby Stiles' survival suggests it possible.

12 hours ago, msc said:

Canal Journeys is back for a one off special. No big trips, just a toddle through Oxford. The TV previews focused on Prunella's "vastly deteriorating health".

Watching it, Prunella Scales apparently doesn't really talk much anymore unless heavily prompted, and is having to holding herself up by the barrier. She is also fully deaf. Her voice overs are all from previous years. She also no longer focuses on the camera. Her voice is also a lot more slurred when she does talk.

Also rather notably this episode is filled of clips from older adventures. Much less current stuff.

Timothy West himself has aged in the last 2 years quite badly. He says his own memory is struggling, and he doesn't look a well man. I think they wont last 6 months without the other when the first one goes.

I watched some of it for research purposes and concur with all the above. You wonder why they still do it given their age and health. They can't need the money and as for the programme it's hardly fascinating stuff that will be remembered for pushing the boundaries of dramatic art. Can't imagine it appeals to many people beyond  a few oldies and the odd deadpooler either

While clearly struggling mentally she doesn't look too bad physically and don't think she is going anywhere imminently. As for him, might have been 40 -odd years ago but he'll still be remembered primarily for seducing the young and comely Francesca Annis, which is not a bad thing to have as your epitaph.

5 hours ago, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

seducing the young and comely Francesca Annis,

She's not fussy though, Warren Clarke was there as Andy Dalziel whilst looking like a particularly portly version of the proverbial bulldog chewing a wasp. Couldn't even put it down to his in character charm either really, unless extremely blunt is your thing. His epitaph was of course up in 2014.

Timothy West will be best remembered as Edward VII, won't he? Looked like him several times last night, when he had the beard.  I enjoyed seeing the two of them last night though didn't realise it was a one-off. Probably worth putting both on for next year. 

Francesca Anis was the young Lillie Langtry, I'm guessing. 

• Like 1