Grim Reaper

Robert M Pirsig

Don't know much about him but he seems like a reasonably good choice. I'd never heard of him for one and I'm not a thick, ignorant type

Interesting choice, though maybe there are too many names of the "authors famous for one" book variety. I mean, why wasn't there Gabriel Garcia Marquez, for example? That said, Wikipedia says he was already frail in 2012. So really not bad.

Damn. I just found out that Robert Pirsig's mother was Swedish and that he used to live there in the mid-80s! This selection is suddenly extremely awesome. Finally a (half) Swede on the DL. Well done, committee. God bless ya! :D

• Like 1

To be totally pedantic re the famous for one book above, Lila - the follow up to ZataoMM did sterling business in its first six months, many copies sold - a lot less in terms of lasting impact

The second book didn't do Harper Lee much good but what the hey. I must get round round to reading ZATAOMM before Pirsig dies - i reckon I've got a while yet.Anyone know if it's a page turner?

The second book didn't do Harper Lee much good but what the hey. I must get round round to reading ZATAOMM before Pirsig dies - i reckon I've got a while yet.Anyone know if it's a page turner?

Read it three times and it was different every time so it's one of those that changes with your life experience. Page turner isn't exactly the way I'd describe it. Very deep and meaningful 1970s sort of stuff.

Read it three times and it was different every time so it's one of those that changes with your life experience. Page turner isn't exactly the way I'd describe it. Very deep and meaningful 1970s sort of stuff.

Compare to Godel, Escher, Bach.

There was a lack of quality in his omission from this year's DeathList.

At least I had him on my theme team. Here's the Daily Mail with a QO.

• Like 1

Huh. Well that sucks. To be fair he was "only" an octagenarian with no known health issues...

These things happen.

I have a feeling I had him on one of my lists

Aye a fairly popular pick in some pools.

There's points riding on this.

12 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Are guests back? :angry:

Well, we all miss guests who came here only to say our souls are damned and other ludicrous things.

• Like 2

Sorry to see him go. Never heard of him, until deathlist, last year.

Dunno the extent to which RMP's continued hold on life was a block to the long-mooted Zen and the Art movie but it might finally get made now.

Robert Redford bought the film rights