Grim Reaper

Murray Walker

He was diagnosed with cancer a year or two ago. Although not immediately fatal, definitely one to keep an eye on, given his age.

Guest F1 Fanatic

Ridiculous to choose him

He still attends almost all the races bar ultra long haul ones like Australia, works for the BBC, works as an ambassador for sponsors, i met him 2 months ago and he looked the picture of health and in fine spirits

Ridiculous to choose him

He still attends almost all the races bar ultra long haul ones like Australia, works for the BBC, works as an ambassador for sponsors, i met him 2 months ago and he looked the picture of health and in fine spirits

Was he in fine spirits or where they in him?

• Like 1

Guest F1 Fanatic

Ridiculous to choose him

He has no health issues atm, beat his cancer

Fact he attends 15+ races a year at his age shows he is not a serious candidate for inclusion

Can see him reaching 100

Ridiculous to choose him

He has no health issues atm, beat his cancer

Fact he attends 15+ races a year at his age shows he is not a serious candidate for inclusion

Can see him reaching 100

He might die of boredom

• Like 1

Guest Alan

Far too early, the cancer was so insignificant it didn't even involve any invasive treatment and was effectively in remission 4 weeks after diagnosis. He has worked regularly this year and looks and sounds as well as ever. His lifestyle is impeccable too. Very hard to pick someone who could make 100 years old, but if I was pushed I would say he is a possibility. I'd fully expect him to live absolute minimum three years more.

Amazing that Liz Dawn didn't make the list considering she can't walk five steps without being breathless due to advanced emphysema. Cruyff has lung cancer another high risk one, and Everton chairman Kenright's cancer appears to be the worst kept secret in football. The Deathlist works in mysterious ways!

The Deathlist works in mysterious ways!

Certainly. Then again: The Deathlist regularly scores hits with ridiculous candidates.

• Like 1

Good inclusion from the "new blood" perspective. I have him in a team because I thought he might be one to die simply by age.

Guest Robin Hill

His mother appeared on Murray's This is Your Life at the age of 100, so it wouldn't surprise me if her son lived a few more years. I hope so.

I quite liked him on 'Catchphrase' in the mid '90s. Whatever happened to 'Mr Chips' ?

• Like 1

Guest Guested

Going to be part of Channel 4's new FI team doing interviews with figures from F1. Therefore he must be in decent physical and mental shape to do this. Can't be many 92 year olds still working in TV.

Going to be part of Channel 4's new FI team doing interviews with figures from F1. Therefore he must be in decent physical and mental shape to do this. Can't be many 92 year olds still working in TV.

Bruce Forsyth and Nicholas Parsons come to mind...

Guest John

Bruce Forsyth is not yet 92. He is approaching 90, though.

Guest oneexwidow

Bruce Forsyth and Nicholas Parsons come to mind...

Nicholas Parsons and Murray share the same birth date...

Guest oneexwidow

"Cruyff has lung cancer another high risk one"

Prophetic words!

Cruyff of course was last seen in public about three weeks before his death looking the picture of health at F1 testing in Barcelona. His health must then have taken a Cruyff turn for the worse.

This is the most ridicolous pick i've ever seen along with Lester Piggott and Bruce Forsyth.

This is the most ridicolous pick i've ever seen along with Lester Piggott and Bruce Forsyth.

he is 93 this year and has battled Cancer.

Guest Guest

I looked at Wikipedia obit page and swore I saw the name of Murray Walker there today. turns out it's a basketball player called Murray Weir. could be an omen though ...

He broke his hip a while back and has already passed the average that someone his age who has done that, lives for subsequently.

Faaar from a stupid pick.

Guest F1 Fanatic

The guy was in Bahrain at weekend and was like he was 70, no way should he be on the list

I am 43 and beat cancer when i was 22, he is going nowhere anytime soon

Haha! You F1 lot just don't see danger round the next corner do you?

• Like 4

He broke his hip a while back and has already passed the average that someone his age who has done that, lives for subsequently.

We'll see. I bet my grandma he won't die in 2016.

We'll see. I bet my grandma he won't die in 2016.

I'm not sure I understand this. Is your grandma the person with whom you are betting, or is she the stake?

• Like 4