Grim Reaper

Murray Walker

1 hour ago, Switch said:

Looking frail in this short video

He doesnt look frail he just looks fucking old, which he is.

12 hours ago, msc said:

Did he have a stroke? I missed that news if so.

He had a two stroke back when he was racing motorcycles (seriously!)

Just watching him on channel 4 being interviewed.Looks and sounds pretty good I think.Good call dropping him this year.

22 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Just watching him on channel 4 being interviewed.Looks and sounds pretty good I think.Good call dropping him this year.

But at his age he could drop dead at any minute.

3 hours ago, Sean said:

94 Today!:party::birthday:

A number three greater than the most grand prix wins (by Michael Schumacher)

Doubtless Murray could still articulate that fact and reflect on the relative fortunes today of himself and Schumi

16 hours ago, Sean said:

94 Today!:party::birthday:

I wonder if we should start a 'Murray Walker or Nick Parsons Who will Die First'  thread since they were born on the same day.For what it's worth my moneys on Murray. 

• Like 2

Please, no.

• Like 8

I agree that it will probably be Murray first, but they are both absolute legends so hopefully not just yet. 

Murray seems to be chasing after the age of his mother Elsie: 101-102.

His father Graham carked it at only 66 years – perhaps related to the fact that he was often photographed with a cigarette or pipe in his mouth.

For comparison, Graham's older broth er Eric reached 89 years.

MG217965.jpg

• Like 2

On 06/01/2019 at 11:14, The Brain said:

Murray seems to be chasing after the age of his mother Elsie: 101-102.

His father Graham carked it at only 66 years – perhaps related to the fact that he was often photographed with a cigarette or pipe in his mouth.

For comparison, Graham's older broth er Eric reached 89 years.

MG217965.jpg

Murray's dad raced TT bikes when the course and medical care were worse than today (when it's still a bloodbath by the standards of modern motor sports). Given that reality I doubt he worried about the dangers of smoking and you've got to respect the 66 years he did manage.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Murray's dad raced TT bikes when the course and medical care were worse than today (when it's still a bloodbath by the standards of modern motor sports). Given that reality I doubt he worried about the dangers of smoking and you've got to respect the 66 years he did manage.

Is that big number 19 an omen?

On 12/01/2019 at 09:04, maryportfuncity said:

Correct.  My father (who is 8 months older than Murray) quit smoking in 1960 because of the known cancer risk, and is still alive & kicking.
The previous generation wasn't aware, so I don't accuse them of anything.
I mentioned Graham's (possible) cause of death at age 66 only as a reason why Murray should anticipate a ripe old age like his mother's.
(I've never seen Murray with a cigarette, so it seems a lesson was learnt).

On 12/01/2019 at 00:40, redrumours said:

Is that big number 19 an omen?

It is "Gordon Bank's"

On 11/01/2019 at 22:34, maryportfuncity said:

As in.

• Angry 1

4 minutes ago, Deathtreat23 said:

Don’t know if he will make 101 or 102 like his mother looks as if age is catching up with him look at his hands he has really bad circulation and starting to look frail though at 95 pushing 96 hardly surprising. I give him 3 years max, will be a sad day when Murray snuffs it, he is a legend.

Ok. Only one hit this year.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

If I make it to nearly 96,  I want to be like Murray Walker, mentally aware enough to still write articles for The Times

22 hours ago, msc said:

If I make it to nearly 96,  I want to be like Murray Walker, mentally aware enough to still write articles for The Times

Mentally sharp indeed - that point about Lauda setting up his car so's he could sneak that championship in 1984 by half a point is spot on. Prost - faster and in his prime - could do nowt about it.

We don't see Murray as much as we used to. He wasn't at Goodwood or Silverstone this year whereas he would normally make at least one event. But he Is still out and about and travelling fair distances from his home https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/opinion/f1/murray-walker-royal-automobile-club-talk-show

I would hope he's got a good few years yet but is getting noticeably frailer (albeit doing okay as he is nearly 96) 

96 today :birthday:

• Like 6