Grim Reaper

Jimmy Greaves

1 hour ago, Deathrace said:

Has left hospital https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52294467

He's certainly a fighter is old Greavsie. 

Looks like it will end up being a fight to the bitter end between Greavsie and Stiles to see who’s the last surviving member of 1966 World Cup squad both seem able to survive a nuclear bombing. 

12 minutes ago, Fergie86 said:

Looks like it will end up being a fight to the bitter end between Greavsie and Stiles to see who’s the last surviving member of 1966 World Cup squad both seem able to survive a nuclear bombing. 

Greavsie will die this year. I have doubts about Nobby.

16 minutes ago, Fergie86 said:

Unlikely - Sir Bobby Charlton, Jack Charlton, Roger Hunt, George Cohen, Norman Hunter, Ian Callaghan, Ron Flowers, Terry Paine and George Eastham are all still going, as well as Greavsie and Stiles. Sir Bobby still looks very sprightly for 82 so he'd be my prediction.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, BuffaloPhil said:

Unlikely - Sir Bobby Charlton, Jack Charlton, Roger Hunt, George Cohen, Norman Hunter, Ian Callaghan, Ron Flowers, Terry Paine and George Eastham are all still going, as well as Greavsie and Stiles. Sir Bobby still looks very sprightly for 82 so he'd be my prediction.

What about Sir Geoff? I think he's currently in the best shape of them all. 

22 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

I think he could have another 10 years in him was only joking about Jimmy Greaves and Nobby Stiles been the last survivors of the squad if I had to pick one it would be Sir Geoff he seems to be in the best shape of them all so no doubt he will drop dead tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Deathrace said:

37 minutes ago, Fergie86 said:

I think he could have another 10 years in him was only joking about Jimmy Greaves and Nobby Stiles been the last survivors of the squad if I had to pick one it would be Sir Geoff he seems to be in the best shape of them all so no doubt he will drop dead tomorrow. 

For some reason my brain told me he'd already gone, but of course you're both right. Between him and Sir Bobby then.

4 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9100379/amp/Its-little-late-Jimmy-Greaves-wife-claims-husbands-gong-just-afterthought.html

Jimmy Greaves  honouring in  the New years honours has been confirmed but not everyone is happy...

He himself not well enough to give a written statement to the BBC - it's his son quoted.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

He himself not well enough to give a written statement to the BBC - it's his son quoted.

I feel  certain the committee will have Jimmy returning to the list in 2021.

• Like 1

Yeah, Greaves needed to come back on imo. 

1 minute ago, Joey Russ said:

Yeah, Greaves needed to come back on imo. 

Yeah I thought he was going to die last year. MBE now, feels like a last hurrah.

34 minutes ago, Sean said:

81 Today!:party::birthday:

Was going to correct you until I realised Twitter was wrong not you

jg.png.4c5b223da964dd38e0856ea4b83d4bdb.png

Given his well-documented health issues for many decades, Greavsie has done very well to make it this far. 

A bloke who lives around the corner from me who is a dead ringer for Jimmy greaves dropped dead last weekend. 

Film about the rise and fall of Greaves on in a couple of minutes on BT sport 1 (Sky channel 413 UK) 

4 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

Film about the rise and fall of Greaves on in a couple of minutes on BT sport 1 (Sky channel 413 UK) 

always find those kind of titles for documentaries pretty bad for people still alive. imagine watching a tv which also focuses on your "falls" as the finale...

So, what would happen if some random Spurs fan who'd idolized Greavsie back in the day accidently ran into him in London and exclaimed "Saint's alive - Greavsie!"

D'ya think the thought of his old pal rising from the dead would prove fatal? :D

Twitter full of rumours that Greavesie died this morning.

Speculation? Or truth? Why now?

Let's see.

Oops, next hit was quick. Keep on going DL!

• Like 3

Grieves-y.:mellow: