Jump to content
Grim Reaper

28. Jimmy Greaves

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Deathrace said:

Has left hospital https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52294467

 

He's certainly a fighter is old Greavsie. 

Looks like it will end up being a fight to the bitter end between Greavsie and Stiles to see who’s the last surviving member of 1966 World Cup squad both seem able to survive a nuclear bombing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Fergie86 said:

Looks like it will end up being a fight to the bitter end between Greavsie and Stiles to see who’s the last surviving member of 1966 World Cup squad both seem able to survive a nuclear bombing. 

Greavsie will die this year. I have doubts about Nobby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Fergie86 said:

Looks like it will end up being a fight to the bitter end between Greavsie and Stiles to see who’s the last surviving member of 1966 World Cup squad both seem able to survive a nuclear bombing. 

 

Unlikely - Sir Bobby Charlton, Jack Charlton, Roger Hunt, George Cohen, Norman Hunter, Ian Callaghan, Ron Flowers, Terry Paine and George Eastham are all still going, as well as Greavsie and Stiles. Sir Bobby still looks very sprightly for 82 so he'd be my prediction.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, BuffaloPhil said:

 

Unlikely - Sir Bobby Charlton, Jack Charlton, Roger Hunt, George Cohen, Norman Hunter, Ian Callaghan, Ron Flowers, Terry Paine and George Eastham are all still going, as well as Greavsie and Stiles. Sir Bobby still looks very sprightly for 82 so he'd be my prediction.

What about Sir Geoff? I think he's currently in the best shape of them all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

What about Sir Geoff? I think he's currently in the best shape of them all. 

I think he could have another 10 years in him was only joking about Jimmy Greaves and Nobby Stiles been the last survivors of the squad if I had to pick one it would be Sir Geoff he seems to be in the best shape of them all so no doubt he will drop dead tomorrow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Deathrace said:

What about Sir Geoff? I think he's currently in the best shape of them all. 

 

37 minutes ago, Fergie86 said:

I think he could have another 10 years in him was only joking about Jimmy Greaves and Nobby Stiles been the last survivors of the squad if I had to pick one it would be Sir Geoff he seems to be in the best shape of them all so no doubt he will drop dead tomorrow. 

For some reason my brain told me he'd already gone, but of course you're both right. Between him and Sir Bobby then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9100379/amp/Its-little-late-Jimmy-Greaves-wife-claims-husbands-gong-just-afterthought.html

 

Jimmy Greaves  honouring in  the New years honours has been confirmed but not everyone is happy...

 

 

 

He himself not well enough to give a written statement to the BBC - it's his son quoted.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

He himself not well enough to give a written statement to the BBC - it's his son quoted.

I feel  certain the committee will have Jimmy returning to the list in 2021.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, Greaves needed to come back on imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Joey Russ said:

Yeah, Greaves needed to come back on imo. 

 

Yeah I thought he was going to die last year. MBE now, feels like a last hurrah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

81 Today!:party::birthday:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Sean said:

81 Today!:party::birthday:

Was going to correct you until I realised Twitter was wrong not you

 

jg.png.4c5b223da964dd38e0856ea4b83d4bdb.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given his well-documented health issues for many decades, Greavsie has done very well to make it this far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A bloke who lives around the corner from me who is a dead ringer for Jimmy greaves dropped dead last weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Film about the rise and fall of Greaves on in a couple of minutes on BT sport 1 (Sky channel 413 UK) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

Film about the rise and fall of Greaves on in a couple of minutes on BT sport 1 (Sky channel 413 UK) 

 

always find those kind of titles for documentaries pretty bad for people still alive. imagine watching a tv which also focuses on your "falls" as the finale...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, what would happen if some random Spurs fan who'd idolized Greavsie back in the day accidently ran into him in London and exclaimed "Saint's alive - Greavsie!"

 

D'ya think the thought of his old pal rising from the dead would prove fatal? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use