Grim Reaper

Jimmy Greaves

Shame they didnt put Saint on with him.Still approaching 76 and two strokes one very serious.Cant fault that inclusion!

• Like 1

Fairly articulate mind, and a form studying opportunity awaits: "Greaves was due to be inducted to Tottenham’s hall of fame last May, but the event was postponed due to his health. The ceremony will now take place on April 20th, alongside fellow icon Steve Perryman."

Fairly articulate mind, and a form studying opportunity awaits: "Greaves was due to be inducted to Tottenham’s hall of fame last May, but the event was postponed due to his health. The ceremony will now take place on April 20th, alongside fellow icon Steve Perryman."

Except, as the link 3 posts above your post points out, Jimmy will not be attending.

Except, as the link 3 posts above your post points out, Jimmy will not be attending.

Oh, right, so we're down to spotting him out on wheels with his sons, then.

Either way, he's still talking a good fight.

We are visiting Jimmy at the weekend . If you tweet or message for him I will show him on Saturday. He's still fighting but it's over a year since the stroke and he's not really any better despite his and our best efforts. We love him and we know so many of you do. Thanks for the messages of goodwill for him

We are visiting Jimmy at the weekend . If you tweet or message for him I will show him on Saturday. He's still fighting but it's over a year since the stroke and he's not really any better despite his and our best efforts. We love him and we know so many of you do. Thanks for the messages of goodwill for him

Sounds grim.I wonder if the footage of him from Alfie`s Boys was pre-recorded.He had no difficulty speaking at all which I assume is not the case since his stroke.

Potential form checking on the horizon.Madrid

at home to Las Palmas.... Ronaldo is a greedy bugger re records and needs a hattrick to equal a Greaves scoring record. 4 to beat it. 5/1  the hattrick...As soon as the record goes its a cinch an interview of some sort...

19 minutes ago, charon said:

Potential form checking on the horizon.Madrid

at home to Las Palmas.... Ronaldo is a greedy bugger re records and needs a hattrick to equal a Greaves scoring record. 4 to beat it. 5/1  the hattrick...As soon as the record goes its a cinch an interview of some sort...

I think, elsewhere on here,  there is a link to an Ian St John article in which he states that Greaves is in no position whatsoever to see him due to his current state.

He isnt going to get better.

Yeah iirc he doesn't recognise friends any more so gets upset.

Pressers will still try with a 50+ year record going tits up.... What record was it LFN ? I just heard League but not sure what criteria.

26 minutes ago, charon said:

Pressers will still try with a 50+ year record going tits up.... What record was it LFN ? I just heard League but not sure what criteria.

Its about the amount of goals scored across more than one major league. Greaves hit 366 in The old First division and Serie A and Ronaldo is doing it in Spain and before that Portugal and England.

I suppose Greaves should be an idol to me but Ive found him to be a prickly old cunt, a curmudgeon who seemed to be a bit short with people and the like.

Apart from his Saint and Greavsie days ive not warmed to the man like some pros.

I mean, I should hate Paul Merson but id have a pint with him, he says what most people think, sometimes.

• Like 1

Hmmm. England and Portugal as Major Leagues.... Denis Law scored more than that, depending on Huddersfield and if in top flight at the time, and Gerd more than all. MLS..."major".... And Lewandosky might eclipse them all, still only 28...

• Like 1

Ronaldo scored 2 btw , so record will be his in next week... Then we may get a Greaves update...

Well, today, he was invited to have lunch with the current manager, Pochettino, and some other Spurs legends of his day and later.

He does look like a person that 'could go at any minute'

Jimmy-Greaves-at-Hotspur-Way-today.jpg

Whenever I see one of these sorts of threads has a new post I always think the worst........

13 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Well, today, he was invited to have lunch with the current manager, Pochettino, and some other Spurs legends of his day and later.

He does look like a person that 'could go at any minute'

Jimmy-Greaves-at-Hotspur-Way-today.jpg

In other news Pat Jennings looks amazingly spry for one so old and is that healthy looking slaphead at the back 78 year old Alan Gilzean? Again, looking good.

5 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

In other news Pat Jennings looks amazingly spry for one so old and is that healthy looking slaphead at the back 78 year old Alan Gilzean? Again, looking good.

Yes its Gilzean.

He spent decades away from the club and has only reappeared this year.

I think that may have something to do with Greaves condition and the 'life is too short' thing.

Second from the left is the welsh wizard Cliff Jones who at 82 looks very well indeed and having seen him on numerous ocassions WALKING up Bill Nicholson Way into the ground I can tell you he is very slight, about 5ft 5 and bloody brilliant.

As unassuming as they come, proper old school and loved by the supporters, long may he live.

Fuck me I thought he died last year.

3 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Fuck me I thought he died last year.

Looking at that picture, I think he did.

• Like 1

He looks shit but no worse than the picks taken after his stroke 2 years ago.