Grim Reaper

Gordon Banks

One kidney and cancer in the other and nearly 80.Cant believe I overlooked him.

Good Pick. Definitely 50/50 or better odds he does not see the year out

Aye, bit of a blind spot there, arf!

• Like 2

Aye, bit of a blind spot there, arf!

TBF, Gordon Banks has had that since 1972.

• Like 1

:The new face of funeral ads.

imagine being alive back then and seeing him now in a funeral ad. If that doesn't make you feel old I don't know what will.

imagine being alive back then and seeing him now in a funeral ad. If that doesn't make you feel old I don't know what will.

Is his memory going too. David Seaman is "Safehands" Gordon was knowns as "Banks of England," cos he was good at saving

http://www.brightonandhovenews.org/2016/06/06/englands-world-cup-winning-hat-trick-hero-helps-brighton-charity-to-raise-38k-over-lunch/

Was due to attend a charity lunch but had to back out due to illness, Geoff Hurst stepped in and did the honours instead.

Kinda like the way Hurstie stepped in when there was a begging pass on for Alan Ball in the closing seconds in 1966, eh?

• Like 1

Well, if we try to read between the lines, his mid-to-long term prospects don't seem too bright.

The cancer has responded really well and the doctors are pleased with my progress. They weren’t upbeat when they gave me the tablets, but they said that was the best they had.

So chemotherapy is considered a second- or third-line ("salvage") treatment after surgery and radiotherapy. Since he has already lost his other kidney, it's the only option left, but even if the tumour has responded well, it might only be a matter of time before it developed resistance against the drug. And then the doctors would run out of options.

I guess the only (remote) chance for a cure would be a surgery if the tumour shrank even more and it could somehow be resected without sacrificing his kidney. But this possibility isn't even mentioned anywhere – I guess the doctors would consider it too risky due to his advanced age and already diminished kindey functions.

Well, if we try to read between the lines, his mid-to-long term prospects don't seem too bright.

The cancer has responded really well and the doctors are pleased with my progress. They weren’t upbeat when they gave me the tablets, but they said that was the best they had.

So chemotherapy is considered a second- or third-line ("salvage") treatment after surgery and radiotherapy. Since he has already lost his other kidney, it's the only option left, but even if the tumour has responded well, it might only be a matter of time before it developed resistance against the drug. And then the doctors would run out of options.

I guess the only (remote) chance for a cure would be a surgery if the tumour shrank even more and it could somehow be resected without sacrificing his kidney. But this possibility isn't even mentioned anywhere – I guess the doctors would consider it too risky due to his advanced age and already diminished kindey functions.

True, though naturally, the long-term prospects aren't good for any one of us. One might say about Banks that the last line of defence is holding, for now.

True, though naturally, the long-term prospects aren't good for any one of us. One might say about Banks that the last line of defence is holding, for now.
sounds like he is going to some time in the next 100 years. I am so confident in this that I am betting a million euro on it.

I give him 18 months.

he is no gonna die soon. suggestion: delete is name of the 2017 deahtlist

As a last resort, if everything else fails, doctors are developing a two-step strategy on how Gordon Banks can be cured.

2RALvzx.jpg

• Like 9

I don't watch football, so at first I thought this was a thread for famous Labrador actor Gordon Barks and I got sad because a good boy like him doesn't deserve to be put to sleep in his early 20's.

79 Today :party::birthday: Drop him or keep him ?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Thatcher said:

Poor Gordon, using a death hoax as an opportunity to drum up business for personal appearances... desperate times.

To be fair he doesn't appear to have started the rumour and widespread belief in it might have dented his earnings