Grim Reaper

John Noakes

5 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

That's interesting because Noakes and Baxter really didn't get on - he refused to appear in some of the anniversary programmes because of her.

Yeah, and she's the kind of person who didn't get on with others who then turns up after their death to claim they did get on really. Exactly what she did this morning.

She got on with them. They didn't get on with her. Heh.

• Like 1

One must note JTrost haven't returned to complain about a 5th hit. Thank god, I hated their trolling.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

One must note JTrost haven't returned to complain about a 5th hit. Thank god, I hated their trolling.

I hope he didn't complain about hit #4

He did...

On 5/15/2017 at 18:51, JTrost1234 said:

Oh crap. We lost another one. I was hoping we could get through May without another death. By the way, I never heard of Ian Brady, until Deathlist. Who the hell is he anyway?

Will they glue his coffin closed, or do you think they will use double-sided sticky tape for speed?

• Like 2

On 2017-5-29 at 16:28, CoffinLodger said:

I don't want to give my age away but I confess that for the whole of my time at primary school I rushed home to watch Blue Peter and the line u p was Peter Purves, Lesley Judd, and John Noakes, for years the only presenters I knew. . John will forever be a part of my child hood memories. As I said earlier I hope he is taking Shep for a walk in heaven right now !

Pah, you young whippersnapper. Lesley Judd? She is not fit to lick Valerie Singleton's feet!

But hang on... John Noakes taking Shep for a walk in heaven? Surely Shep went to live on a farm....?  :o

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Happy Reaper said:

But hang on... John Noakes taking Shep for a walk in heaven? Surely Shep went to live on a farm....?  :o

Haha - but actually in Shep's case Blue Peter didn't need to do that because the BBC gave Shep to Noakes when he left.

4 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

Haha - but actually in Shep's case Blue Peter didn't need to do that because the BBC gave Shep to Noakes when he left.

Aye and a few years later Noakes turned up on kids telly and began crying when he broke the news of Shep's death (the curve ball being the kids watching kids telly at that point didn't really know who Noakes or Shep were)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

His ashes were sent skyward on a firework: http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/spectacular-final-exit-as-john-noakes-ashes-are-sent-skyward-at-his-old-yorkshire-school-1-8827450

Well, half of them anyway...

No damp squib sendoff.

The other half are in a time capsule in the Blue Peter garden, right?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

The other half are in a time capsule in the Blue Peter garden, right?

Nup, Spain from the article I guess...

Hope it wasn't a strawberry patch...

Tribute to him on BBC2 now.