Grim Reaper

John Noakes

Ok he is a good candidate I forgot.

Yeah he has had alzheimers for several years and considered a national treasure.Good call

:One his most famous appearances on Blue Peter!

Apparently when The Wombles pop group appeared on Blue Peter, John Noakes's dog Shep ran over and bit the drummer on the arse. True story.

• Like 1

They keep showing the clip where he climbed Nelson's Column without a safety harness. I literally can't watch it and have to look away.

The John Noakes thread.

An absolute disgrace that this was started on 31 Dec

What happened to "here's one I prepared earlier"?

• Like 6

Found this nugget is his wiki profile. So today is the anniversary of Shep's death. I do actually remember that interview very well as it's the first time I'd seen a man cry.

Between 1986 and 1988, the BBC produced a programme called Fax!, which answered questions posed by viewers. One question was "Whatever happened to John Noakes and Shep?" Noakes and his wife appeared on the show on 20 January 1987 to reveal what he had been doing since retiring from television, and during the course of the interview, Noakes tearfully revealed that Shep had died just three days previously.[11

It's unthinkable that this should go unposted here, so let's get it over with.

• Like 1

:I am guessing it is due to his eccentricity in this advert and other TV appearances and mannerisms that meant he was able to get away with going on Pointless and the Weakest Link despite most probably being genuinely senile.
  • Like 1

82 Today! :birthday::birthday2::party:

83 Today:birthday:

38 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

83 Today:birthday:

On 3/5/2016 at 18:59, Shaun of the Dead said:

82 Today! :birthday::birthday2::party:

The fact that the only 2 recent posts in this thread are birthday posts is oddly depressing.

2 minutes ago, jackschlotter said:

The fact that the only 2 recent posts in this thread are birthday posts is oddly depressing.

Not overly surprising as he has severe Alzheimer's and his family are very private.The only reason they announced he was ill was because he went missing and they had to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Not overly surprising as he has severe Alzheimer's and his family are very private.The only reason they announced he was ill was because he went missing and they had to.

Still quite sad that none of us even discuss him, Queen Elizabeth never gives out health updates but her thread is updated everyday. Not in any way comparing the two, but I feel bad for the poor guy.

14 minutes ago, jackschlotter said:

Still quite sad that none of us even discuss him, Queen Elizabeth never gives out health updates but her thread is updated everyday. Not in any way comparing the two, but I feel bad for the poor guy.

By spam. None of the other threads gets updated a lot either, unless it's health related of course. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, joeyruss said:

By spam. None of the other threads gets updated a lot either, unless it's health related of course. 

Aye, but many hereabouts might feel a certain pang for Noaks because of the impact he had on their childhood.

13 hours ago, jackschlotter said:

Still quite sad that none of us even discuss him, Queen Elizabeth never gives out health updates but her thread is updated everyday. Not in any way comparing the two, but I feel bad for the poor guy.

I could put something on this thread every day if you wish.

1 hour ago, rockhopper penguin said:

I could put something on this thread every day if you wish.

Only if its something you prepared earlier.

• Like 4

Sad to record his passing. He was a hero of mine when watching Blue Peter. A guy whose humour transposed onto the screen. A guy who broke the mould of BBC "stiff upper lipped" presenters.

Theres a pattern four of the five hits so far have come from the bottom of the list.