Sign in to follow this  
gcreptile

Joey Feek

Gimme Valentine's day

Puh-lease!

The tragic irony would be befitting a country singer's death

• Like 2

Edited again to include new guesses. Charon: 20 Jan 15 Shaun OTD: 21 Jan (nonscoring bidders: Morbidkid, Sir Creep)YWIWT: 22 Jan JiroemonKimura: 23 Jan Rotten Ali: 24 Jan Book: 25 Jan DirtRacer19: 26 Jan The Unknown Man: 27 Jan Switch: 28 Jan Phantom: 29 Jan Bibliogryphon: 30 Jan Radguy: 31 Jan Grim Up North: 1 Feb Eesti: 2 Feb EGN: 3 Feb (nonscoring bidder: Time) Handrejka: 4 Feb Toast: 5 Feb Pedro67: 7 Feb Dead Wait: 8 Feb Death Impends: 11 Feb Gcreptile: 13 Feb Spade Cooley: 15 Feb Uschi: 18 Feb

Don't I have February 10th?
I'll take Feb the 6th
You already chose. Can't choose again just cause you were wrong.
I was a nonscoring bider that means someone took my vote.

I was gone for a couple of days...and the first thing i thought was, she's still alive???

Eight pages EIGHT pages about somebody 85% have never heard of, 10% pretend they have heard of and the remaining 5% have because they did a bit of line dancing in 2011.

• Like 2

Can I have an 85%'er badge please?

• Like 1

I'll go with 17th Feb if I can still vote?

Edited again to include new guesses. Charon: 20 Jan 15 Shaun OTD: 21 Jan (nonscoring bidders: Morbidkid, Sir Creep)YWIWT: 22 Jan JiroemonKimura: 23 Jan Rotten Ali: 24 Jan Book: 25 Jan DirtRacer19: 26 Jan The Unknown Man: 27 Jan Switch: 28 Jan Phantom: 29 Jan Bibliogryphon: 30 Jan Radguy: 31 Jan Grim Up North: 1 Feb Eesti: 2 Feb EGN: 3 Feb (nonscoring bidder: Time) Handrejka: 4 Feb Toast: 5 Feb Pedro67: 7 Feb Dead Wait: 8 Feb Death Impends: 11 Feb Gcreptile: 13 Feb Spade Cooley: 15 Feb Uschi: 18 Feb

Don't I have February 10th?

Possibly, I probably didn't see your post.

The 'official' sweepstake post, as updated most days by me, is at page 4 and will be re-posted at the top of page 9 as and when we reach it.

If you can't see your entry its likely because its there and not on one of the quotes people have made from it, which I can't edit or update.

I have entered all the requests above apart from Morbidkid. As Radguy said you don't get another go just because you were wrong. Also, you were a non-scoring bidder on your original guess because you bid for a date someone already had, not the other way around.

I have entered PB's bid of 1 Mar, but will not accept any later bids than that. If we reach 2 Mar without a winner, the sweepstake will reset and everyone (including you, Morbidkid) gets another guess.

However, this is all moot because clearly she's going to kark it today. *crosses fingers*

Eight pages EIGHT pages about somebody 85% have never heard of, 10% pretend they have heard of and the remaining 5% have because they did a bit of line dancing in 2011.

I have heard her. And of her. But then, I am the token Texan.

I hate bluegrass.

• Like 2

As promised, here is the updated sweepstake:

Charon: 20 Jan 15

Shaun OTD: 21 Jan (nonscoring bidders: Morbidkid, Sir Creep)

YWIWT: 22 Jan

JiroemonKimura: 23 Jan

Rotten Ali: 24 Jan

Book: 25 Jan

DirtRacer19: 26 Jan

The Unknown Man: 27 Jan

Switch: 28 Jan

Phantom: 29 Jan

Bibliogryphon: 30 Jan

Radguy: 31 Jan

Grim Up North: 1 Feb

Eesti: 2 Feb

EGN: 3 Feb (nonscoring bidder: Time)

Handrejka: 4 Feb

Toast: 5 Feb

Deadsox: 10 Feb

Death Impends: 11 Feb

Gcreptile: 13 Feb

MPFC: 14 Feb

Spade Cooley: 15 Feb

Lozzie: 17 Feb

Uschi: 18 Feb

Paul Bearer: 1 Mar

If there's no winner by end of play 1 Mar 16, the sweepstake will reset and all those who were wrong will, in a gesture I'm sure a good Christian like MrsFeek would appreciate, be forgiven their error and allowed to guess again.

Edit: Argh, out of my own sweepstake. The ignominy of it all...

• Like 2

I was in the 85% and was happy in my ignorance and then one of my colleagues played her as a wildcard for my works game so I have had to take an interest. Still think she barely scrapes above the fame parapet (imo).

There is a moral conundrum as to whether she is foul of the 'famous for being ill' rule, however, she WAS a legitimate country music singer with 5 or 6 albums to her name before the cancer announcement, so it (IMO) is more a case that her already present fame was merely enhanced by the illness and circumstances surrounding it.

I hereby dub this the 'Jade Goody effect'.

There is a moral conundrum as to whether she is foul of the 'famous for being ill' rule, however, she WAS a legitimate country music singer with 5 or 6 albums to her name before the cancer announcement, so it (IMO) is more a case that her already present fame was merely enhanced by the illness and circumstances surrounding it.

I hereby dub this the 'Jade Goody effect'.

She has her own Wikipedia page which is the criteria I use to accept Wildcard entries (albeit shared with her husband).

I let a rookie player off with Josie Cunnigham last year and another player complained (only because in previous years I have changed the rules to stop him picking Prince George)

They already had a bunch of albums and awards for country music prior to Joey getting ill, and are now Grammy nominated. Less cancer mum (though she is a mum and has cancer) and more "I don't listen to X type of music therefore no one does..."

If Till Lindemann took terminally ill, we'd probably see the same debate from folk who'd never heard of Rammstein.

They already had a bunch of albums and awards for country music prior to Joey getting ill, and are now Grammy nominated. Less cancer mum (though she is a mum and has cancer) and more "I don't listen to X type of music therefore no one does..."

If Till Lindemann took terminally ill, we'd probably see the same debate from folk who'd never heard of Rammstein.

This is about a degree of fame.

As an analogy there are probably some massive football fans who can name every player in the Premier League but only when the get capped by England (or whichever country they are from) do they break into the general consciousness. Likewise some people know all the actors who appeared in Doctor Who and think it is an grave injustice when they do not get a national obit.

I agree, but then we all have different opinions of fame according to our interests which make arguments about fame levels on here a bit daft, to say the least.

• Like 1

Rammstein's highest-charting US album got to #19, Joey+Rory's #61.

• Like 1

Naturally, that's because Rammstein are great and don't play country music, but I digress.

• Like 2

Naturally, that's because Rammstein are great and don't play country music, but I digress.

In my book there are 3 types of country music. There's Christian country, which talks about how Jeebus is going to sort it all out for them, and how blessed they are with Ma and Pa etc.

Then there's what I call Big Hat country, which is where Toby Keith, Tim McGraw, Kenny Chesney etc fall in to.

And then there's good ol' country where references to drink, drugs and prisons come second to Rap.

i bet she'll go like Whitney Houston, the day before Grammy's, not a big name like W. but it's popular to die a day or 2 when there is a big moment in their lives, and followed by Gabor since death comes in 3, the third being some minor actor

i bet she'll go like Whitney Houston, the day before Grammy's, not a big name like W. but it's popular to die a day or 2 when there is a big moment in their lives, and followed by Gabor since death comes in 3, the third being some minor actor

She'll drown in the bath?

• Like 1

She'll drown in the bath?

lol.............

It's ironic how many big named people died of cancer last month and nobody knew about it, now it seems that her public cancer might go away and she might live.....if she lives till Grammy night, she'll live til easter at least