Sign in to follow this  
gcreptile

Joey Feek

Rammstein's highest-charting US album got to #19, Joey+Rory's #61.

Hell yeah :D

It's ironic how many big named people died of cancer last month and nobody knew about it, now it seems that her public cancer might go away and she might live.....if she lives till Grammy night, she'll live til easter at least

Not sure I would put Joey Feek in the category of "big named people"

In terms of what most people call Coutry music these days, is that crap that gets churned out at the CMA (Country Music Association) awards shows. Which draws a big crowd (sadly) than those that quite rightly would fall in to the category of "legend". We're talking Glen Campbell, Merle Haggard, Dolly Parton, Loretta Lynn. etc

Christian country is quite a small niche in that music genre. Possibly the irony would be if you're pretty much a household name with cancer, you die with dignity and leave behind a legacy and many pay tribute because you're the reason they started playing music and forming their own band. Whereas with Joey Feek (a relatively unknown outside of the Christian country scene) is public with her cancer treatment and managing to survive it all so far.

It's ironic how many big named people died of cancer last month and nobody knew about it, now it seems that her public cancer might go away and she might live.....if she lives till Grammy night, she'll live til easter at least

Christian country is quite a small niche in that music genre.

1. You coulda stopped the first paragraph where I cut it off.

2. I've been wondering (as I simply refuse to care enough to look it up) whether J+R are country or bluegrass or Christian music category. (WTF is 'Christian Country?' Is that what they're cubbyholed into?)

Reason I say this is that another nominee in one of those categories is as bad if not worse shape than Joey so she won't win on the sympathy card as most would assume. Said person shall remain nameless in case beyond comprehension they live 11 months.

SC

2. I've been wondering (as I simply refuse to care enough to look it up) whether J+R are country or bluegrass or Christian music category. (WTF is 'Christian Country?' Is that what they're cubbyholed into?)

Reason I say this is that another nominee in one of those categories is as bad if not worse shape than Joey so she won't win on the sympathy card as most would assume. Said person shall remain nameless in case beyond comprehension they live 11 months.

SC

Christian Country is similar to Christian Rock, except that it's country music. Bluegrass is country combined with elements of jazz and English folk music.

SC

Christian Country is similar to Christian Rock, except that it's country music. Bluegrass is country combined with elements of jazz and English folk music.

Good grief. I just had a look. There are so many categories that there could be a prize for everybody!

Good grief. I just had a look. There are so many categories that there could be a prize for everybody!

Because 'Murica.

Also, seeing as I've started another new page, the remaining original sweepstake places are:

Toast: 5 Feb

Deadsox: 10 Feb

Death Impends: 11 Feb

Gcreptile: 13 Feb

MPFC: 14 Feb

Spade Cooley: 15 Feb

Lozzie: 17 Feb

Uschi: 18 Feb

Paul Bearer: 1 Mar

If there's no winner by end of play 1 Mar 16, the sweepstake will reset and all those who were wrong will, in a gesture I'm sure a good Christian like Mrs Feek would appreciate, be forgiven their error and allowed to guess again.

• Like 1

I realised last week that my guess is the same day that I already had for Jimmy Carter. That will be an interesting day here...

Also, I was surprised she even lasted into the new year. I mean, I was the one to first mention her, and did so with the words "It doesn't sound too good". Yet, she's still alive. So her cancer is progressing relatively slowly (relative to the statistics or the doctors' expectations). Now it looks like she won't matter for the Deathrace at all. And who knows, maybe spring is possible.

SC

Which reminds me of the Hello Cheeky sketch

"Today in a competition to find the sexist man on television named Nicholas Parsons.....

...Nobody won"

• Like 1

Fairly standard 'Not long left' article.

The comments, however, show the upswell in feeling against the husband for whoring a corpse, while she gets it in the neck for not getting pap smears / Downs checks.

And I'm disappointed that we didn't get to see the cute puppies.

• Like 1

Just had an epiphany. Its gonna be the 7th Feb. If its OK, can I grab that date, please and thank you.

OK, it was a nonpiphany. Failure doesn't count anyway as I'd been left off recent lists :-)

Because 'Murica.

Also, seeing as I've started another new page, the remaining original sweepstake places are:

Toast: 5 Feb

Deadsox: 10 Feb

Death Impends: 11 Feb

Gcreptile: 13 Feb

MPFC: 14 Feb

Spade Cooley: 15 Feb

Lozzie: 17 Feb

Uschi: 18 Feb

If there's no winner by end of play 1 Mar 16, the sweepstake will reset and all those who were wrong will, in a gesture I'm sure a good Christian like Mrs Feek would appreciate, be forgiven their error and allowed to guess again.

With the greatest respect could you hold off on the reset option till the 7th March, and allow Paul Bearer the greater chance to win having been the one who is exploring the long route. The gap between the 18th Feb, of Uschi and PB's pick is 12 days. Thus a further 6 days grace on the far side would naturally be favoured to better compensate the risk of playing the long game.

Looks like she is preparing for pushing up the daisy`s!

That side photo is about the most you can see of her from the articles done this past weekend. Noticeably much more frail than before.

Is that like sewing popcorn strings for the Christmas tree? That's gotta be a bitch!

SC

No, it's like one of those little projects you do in primary / elementary school.

Usually you're given some watercress seeds as they're the easiest to grow. Personally I think it's a waste of eggs.

That's not a cute puppy, that's a bad dog! They even cut off most of its tail for punishment!

That's not a cute puppy, that's a bad dog! They even cut off most of its tail for punishment!

OK.

68e4c5d76c072ac13537cbe0db97583c.jpg

OK.

68e4c5d76c072ac13537cbe0db97583c.jpg

Have I told you of the new machine we have for that problem?

cleaning-pet-stains10.14.jpg

If there's no winner by end of play 1 Mar 16, the sweepstake will reset.

With the greatest respect could you hold off on the reset option till the 7th March, and allow Paul Bearer the greater chance to win having been the one who is exploring the long route. The gap between the 18th Feb, of Uschi and PB's pick is 12 days. Thus a further 6 days grace on the far side would naturally be favoured to better compensate the risk of playing the long game.

Sorry, but new bids will be accepted from 0001 hrs UK time on 2 Mar 16 to allow the game to start afresh from that point.

A line had to be drawn under the game when she lingered longer than expected and this is fairer than allowing multiple picks, which would enable people to benefit disproportionately from short guesses.

There's no compensations for taking risk in life, let alone in death, therefore there are none in this sweepstake.

• Like 1