The Mad Hatter

Shimon Peres

Clearly a Nelson Mandela situation

Some Tweets are claiming there will be an official announcement come 7 AM Israeli time, or about 2 and a half hours from now.

Watching Israeli news .They are waiting a press release from the hospital.

it's starting to look like he probably has died and they're just making the preparations for the official announcement

BBC news channel reporting it

although the relatively sudden death of Peres is kinda shocking it does give us hope that Robert Mugabe might go suddenly .Mugabe is the oldest head of state or govt, a position that Peres held until his retirement in 2014 I think

Goddamn BBC, first US news reporting it was 39 minutes ago. Wtf was BBC bedside or summat???

How the hell is Sir Creep ever supposed to be first with breaking death news when my media is all about what Trump or Hillary did today? Fahkin hell

SirC

Goddamn BBC, first US news reporting it was 39 minutes ago. Wtf was BBC bedside or summat???

How the hell is Sir Creep ever supposed to be first with breaking death news when my media is all about what Trump or Hillary did today? Fahkin hell

SirC

I know, it took CNN a whole hour after the BBC reported it and 45 mins after Sky. Al Jazeera were first of all. I'm thinking of cancelling my CNN subscription ...

This is possibly the biggest death in Israel since Ben Gurion though.Bound to be a big state funeral with tonnes of past and current world leaders attending. Nice target for some of those islamic terrorists maybe !

• Like 1

Independent got it before BBC

Independent got it before BBC

Times of Isreal got it two hours before the Independent what's your point?

God damn it.

And I was so excited about him being at the top of my 2017 list.

Thank god this monster is dead. I'<m horrified at the fact that he is being labelled a man of peace.

Well, it surprises me that he really was the last old politician of Israel. Shamir, Navon, Sharon all went in a short time and now he reached them. Deadpoolers won't be looking at Israel for a long time...

Well, it surprises me that he really was the last old politician of Israel. Shamir, Navon, Sharon all went in a short time and now he reached them. Deadpoolers won't be looking at Israel for a long time...

Not really. Moshe Arens (b. 1925) is still alive and well. Definitely one to look at, the last of a whole generation.

well it looks like friday's funeral is going to be a huge gathering of world leaders so a chance to see who's ready to join Peres in the next world

• Like 2

Just to remember, his cousin Lauren Bacall died of a stroke about two years ago.

Obama and Clinton turned up for the funeral.no sign of his old mate Jimmy Carter though

Obama and Clinton turned up for the funeral.no sign of his old mate Jimmy Carter though

That's hardly surprising. Even if Carter were perfectly healthy, at his age doctors would likely recommend a less busy schedule; but his cancer definitely meant that he has to focus on what's important, and attending the funeral of Peres is something that the "youngsters" (e.g. Billy at the tender age of 70) should do.

• Like 1