The Mad Hatter

Shimon Peres

his condition has worsened in the last few hours. he is now said to be gravely ill in intensive care http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-37356235

reading between the lines it looks like his family may have to decide whether or not to tun off the life support machine or not :(

let's just hope they don't want to prolong his suffering like Ariel Sharons sons did !

31st Dec, around 23.59pm

Just to really piss us off

I'll claim September 17th, so if Sir Creeps prediction on jake Lamotta was wrong, at least one person would be dead.

I'll claim September 17th, so if Sir Creeps prediction on jake Lamotta was wrong, at least one person would be dead.

He's not on this year's list though.

He's not on this year's list though.

I know. I mean one popular person.

sadly i think we're talking hours rather than days ...http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/former-president-shimon-peres-in-icu-on-respirator/2016/09/14/

heres a quote 'Reporting on site from the hospital, Israel’s Channel 2 television news reported that the stroke was “serious” and “significant.”

The 93-year-old elder statesman is since reported in critical condition.''

There's no doubt that Peres funeral will be a major state occasion with many world leaders inc former US presidents attending !He is one of the most significant figures in Israeli history

31st Dec, around 23.59pm

Just to really piss us off

Nah! That's when Glen Campbell will go. :lol:

• Like 1

sadly i think we're talking hours rather than days ...http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/former-president-shimon-peres-in-icu-on-respirator/2016/09/14/

heres a quote 'Reporting on site from the hospital, Israel’s Channel 2 television news reported that the stroke was “serious” and “significant.”

The 93-year-old elder statesman is since reported in critical condition.''

There's no doubt that Peres funeral will be a major state occasion with many world leaders inc former US presidents attending !He is one of the most significant figures in Israeli history

So it's a competition between Shaun and Paul.

Looking good for Shimon:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/37359309?client=safari

Hopefully he makes it to January 1st, he's near the top of my Shadow List that I recently started working on.

As it was stated many times previously, "critical but stable" is a quite frequently used term in press statements on medical conditions, but it's kind of an oxymoron since "critical" in itself means that "vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits". The American Hospital Association discourages the use of this term.

The term "stable" should not be used as a condition. Furthermore, this term should not be used in combination with other conditions, which by definition, often indicate a patient is unstable

Big miss for DL. But he would be the 8th of my personal DeathList.

I am not surprised about his condition, cause he had already an heart attack last January.

• Like 1

Indeed, the hits keep on coming. If he survives this week, I'd say there is still a 30% of not seeing 2017, but there is a 90% chance of not seeing 2018.

So, if we could get him on the ticket would be still do a better job as US president than Donald Trump?

• Like 1

So, if we could get him on the ticket would be still do a better job as US president than Donald Trump?

Unfortunately, because he wasn't born in America, he is ineligible, because that is US law for you. But we might be able to get Bhumibol on the ballot, cause he was born in Massachusetts...

Indeed, the hits keep on coming. If he survives this week, I'd say there is still a 30% of not seeing 2017, but there is a 90% chance of not seeing 2018.

I'm not so sure about that. IF he survives 2016 (and thats a very questionable starting point), he might even linger on for a while, perhaps even 2-3 years, cause if the stroke has seriously affected his vital functions, he'd be dead within a month or two. If it hasn't, quality healthcare could extend his life. As a former president and prime minister, he'd likely be attended by multiple nurses, doctors etc.

OTOH, his quality of life is a different question. I don't think that he'll ever be able to work again. I have known some people that were mere shadows of their former selves after their strokes, but could still live a few more years, sometimes even a decade.

A man who has a history of heart problems and survives a massive stroke and cerebral hemorrhage at 93? Monsieurs, here we have a Zsa Zsa in the making!

Anyway, his life is not in serious danger anymore.

http://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/163368/cautious-optimism-over-shimon-peress-condition-two-days-after-stroke