Sean

Personal Thoughts On Death

I was fortunate in being in the right place a few times in my life having met and partied with my favorite musicians and actors, bedded a lot of women with no STDs and did a whole lot of drinking and drugging. Just turning 50, disabled by numerous invisible health problems I feel are punishment for the error of my ways, and single with no family or true friends, I look toward my Presbyterian upbringing.

Having been taught that all riches are in Heaven, I am ready to go! The quicker I can get out of here without jeopardizing my eternal soul, the better. I look at the world now and am grateful I have no children to leave behind. My future quality of life depends on the cost of car insurance, the price of gasoline and heating oil, rent, and points to assisted living or low income housing in some high crime, urban neighborhood. From the price of food and housing, the low wages of average jobs, and world politics including ISIS, I cannot see a way for the US to avoid another Civil War or go to sleep without fear of retribution for poking our noses in other country's politics.

My generations parents could have lived their entire lives without knowing what their favorite singers like Sinatra looked like. In today's society we know what they eat, wear, are driving or sleeping with, etc. With , the Internet and social networking, I believe there will be a huge increase in depression and drug and alcohol use as well as their costs for treatment as we feel more like friends than fans. The death of young stars like Amy Winehouse, Heath Ledger, Philip Seymour Hoffman and increasing ages of icons like recently passing David Bowie, the surviving Beatles, Zeppelin, Sabbath, DeNiro, Eastwood, and the like.

When my doctor recently suggested a colonoscopy for prostate health, I said NO THANKS, I'm not interested in prolonging the inevitable.

"Suffering brings experience. Nothing forces us to know what we do not want to know, except pain. For it is better to die once and for all than to suffer pain for all one's life."

"They sent forth men to battle, but no such men return,

And home, to claim their welcome, come ashes in an urn."

Aeshlcylus, Agamemnon 458 B.C.

Seems I should have added a bit more or had more thought before I posted earlier

My Parents, grandparents, and their siblings all died over 80, the eldest 93. I can't imagine living another 10 let alone 40. And I express my condolence to family, friends, and fans of Motorhead legend Ian Lemmy Kilmeister. I partied with him as well

Bollocks.

And it's Kilmister.

Thanks for the insightful thought provoking reply. I have always liked intelligent conversation.

To be fair, Lardy, Lemmy must have partied with loads of people, so some of them are bound to crop up.

Can semi confirm he wasn't in the slightest elitist either, was at a gig they did way back when in what iirc was at the time "The Music Machine" in Camden Town. I was a wet behind the ears late teen, so oh 1980 or so I guess. Before the gig the man was playing "winners stays on" or the like with the punters at the pool table by the bar.

• Like 1

I was fortunate in being in the right place a few times in my life having met and partied with my favorite musicians and actors, bedded a lot of women with no STDs and did a whole lot of drinking and drugging. Just turning 50, disabled by numerous invisible health problems I feel are punishment for the error of my ways, and single with no family or true friends, I look toward my Presbyterian upbringing.

Having been taught that all riches are in Heaven, I am ready to go! The quicker I can get out of here without jeopardizing my eternal soul, the better. I look at the world now and am grateful I have no children to leave behind. My future quality of life depends on the cost of car insurance, the price of gasoline and heating oil, rent, and points to assisted living or low income housing in some high crime, urban neighborhood. From the price of food and housing, the low wages of average jobs, and world politics including ISIS, I cannot see a way for the US to avoid another Civil War or go to sleep without fear of retribution for poking our noses in other country's politics.

My generations parents could have lived their entire lives without knowing what their favorite singers like Sinatra looked like. In today's society we know what they eat, wear, are driving or sleeping with, etc. With , the Internet and social networking, I believe there will be a huge increase in depression and drug and alcohol use as well as their costs for treatment as we feel more like friends than fans. The death of young stars like Amy Winehouse, Heath Ledger, Philip Seymour Hoffman and increasing ages of icons like recently passing David Bowie, the surviving Beatles, Zeppelin, Sabbath, DeNiro, Eastwood, and the like.

When my doctor recently suggested a colonoscopy for prostate health, I said NO THANKS, I'm not interested in prolonging the inevitable.

"Suffering brings experience. Nothing forces us to know what we do not want to know, except pain. For it is better to die once and for all than to suffer pain for all one's life."

Who let their dad on the forums?

• Haha 1

In case any of the children in here are struggling with mortality... We could club together to get them;

Lego-Funeral-Directors.jpg

• Like 9

Awesome.

Seems I should have added a bit more or had more thought before I posted earlier

My Parents, grandparents, and their siblings all died over 80, the eldest 93. I can't imagine living another 10 let alone 40. And I express my condolence to family, friends, and fans of Motorhead legend Ian Lemmy Kilmeister. I partied with him as well

Bollocks.

And it's Kilmister.

Thanks for the insightful thought provoking reply. I have always liked intelligent conversation.

To be fair, Lardy, Lemmy must have partied with loads of people, so some of them are bound to crop up.

That's as maybe, and I wouldn't disagree that Lemmy probably rocked it with a trillion people, but whenever anyone's first line of a conversation is 'oh yeh, I've partied with loads of famous dudes and shagged birds till my cock fell off' then I call bullshit.

• Like 1

Bollocks.

And it's Kilmister.

That's as maybe, and I wouldn't disagree that Lemmy probably rocked it with a trillion people, but whenever anyone's first line of a conversation is 'oh yeh, I've partied with loads of famous dudes and shagged birds till my cock fell off' then I call bullshit.

Four yorkshiremen came to mind reading alias undeads post to be frank

Not to try and sound "elitist" myself but I would have thought being unable to spell was evidence someone was Lemmy's pal..

Oh yeah Undead Pal or whatever you forgot to include perhaps the biggest factor, the scary denial that many so-called grown-ups have about it all.

Like when I point out all the ISIS-inspired attacks carried out by wannabes who "declare their allegiance" shortly before doing their Allah-akbary dees, Deathray goes "well eerm.... they weren't official signed-up due-paying ISIS members with platinum-coated 10 year loyalty certificates so.... this wasn't ISIS, shut up! In fact the attack may as well not have happened!"

Guest Alias Undead

Bollocks.

And it's Kilmister.

Do you call bullshit out of disbelief or jealousy? I could play smackdown and post photos from the collection, including the tattoo of Ozzy's autograph on my stomach that he signed in '96 above a tattoo he bought me back in '86 after working on a video with him. Hmm, who else? U2, Peter Frampton, Plasmatics, Ace Frehley, Leslie West, Twisted Sister, Brian Setzer, Ratt, Poison, Rick Derringer, Billy Idol, Sylvester Stallone, Jodie Foster, Joe Spinell, off the top of my head.

Then there was the time I took Type O Negative to one of their record sightings and later a show in my '67 Cadillac hearse. The crowd on line wigged out when they jumped off the table with a body shaped coffin on it. I'd be reluctant to show piles of pills, hash, opium and cocaine on 8 foot coffee tables, and definitely wouldn't share nude or other photos that could identify any of the women.

The post was to share my thoughts on the topic and life in general, how they related to my current situation where I was forced to give up that lifestyle and sell everything I had while fighting for disability money to kick in. I went from a very small nobody to nothing at all, not to chest thump. I see now that it was a bad idea to think I might have found some decent human beings I might have shared some of my stories/photos with. I guess some people can't appreciate that somebody else might have had a little bit better of a life.

What a bunch of miserable cunts.

^^ I tend to take people at their word. Hopefully better times are ahead for you. Peace, YW.

Whoa whoa okay. You hung out with lots of men and some of them drew on your chest. We believe you, chillax!

• Like 3

'U2' :lol:

You met bono yet he lives still, you useless CUNT of a guest.

• Like 1

I'm an atheist, and feel like the most probable thing to happen after death is.... nothing. I think it's called eternal oblivion.

But I also think there's a fair chance reincarnation is real. I mean, it doesn't even have to do with any Hindu/Buddhist spirituality. It kind of makes sense... your consciousness can't cease from existing forever, so your consciousness moves onto a different person.

Bollocks.

And it's Kilmister.

Do you call bullshit out of disbelief or jealousy? I could play smackdown and post photos from the collection, including the tattoo of Ozzy's autograph on my stomach that he signed in '96 above a tattoo he bought me back in '86 after working on a video with him. Hmm, who else? U2, Peter Frampton, Plasmatics, Ace Frehley, Leslie West, Twisted Sister, Brian Setzer, Ratt, Poison, Rick Derringer, Billy Idol, Sylvester Stallone, Jodie Foster, Joe Spinell, off the top of my head.

Then there was the time I took Type O Negative to one of their record sightings and later a show in my '67 Cadillac hearse. The crowd on line wigged out when they jumped off the table with a body shaped coffin on it. I'd be reluctant to show piles of pills, hash, opium and cocaine on 8 foot coffee tables, and definitely wouldn't share nude or other photos that could identify any of the women.

The post was to share my thoughts on the topic and life in general, how they related to my current situation where I was forced to give up that lifestyle and sell everything I had while fighting for disability money to kick in. I went from a very small nobody to nothing at all, not to chest thump. I see now that it was a bad idea to think I might have found some decent human beings I might have shared some of my stories/photos with. I guess some people can't appreciate that somebody else might have had a little bit better of a life.

I have no reason not to believe you. Celebs don't exist in a vacuum. One of my neighbours is in the music business, and he knows tons of household names. Funnily enough when he was in my pub quiz team, he was no help in the music round because he knew too much and had forgotten some of it :D

I fixed Suzy Quattros phone line once, many years back.

Does that count?

PS: Ditto Fatima Whitbread who was built more like a brick shithouse in real life than any picture could convey.

That's gotta count!!!!! :D

• Like 1

Does that count?

PS: Ditto Fatima Whitbread who was built more like a brick shithouse in real life than any picture could convey.

I arranged for Roy Wood to make a phone call (he's really shy) and showed Neil Innes where the Gents was.

• Like 1

Does that count?

I arranged for Roy Wood to make a phone call (he's really shy) and showed Neil Innes where the Gents was.

Rock on Rockhopper!!!!! :D

• Like 1

Hmmmm , if it's tenuous you want.

I used to misdirect tourists looking for McCartney's farm whilst hitching to the golf course back in the 70's.

Strangely , they always believed a child, and the farm always seemed to be near the golf course.

• Like 2

I could play smackdown and post photos from the collection, including the tattoo of Ozzy's autograph on my stomach that he signed in '96 above a tattoo he bought me back in '86 after working on a video with him.

By all means do, evidence is always welcome, if evidence it is. It might be amusing.

Hmm, who else? U2, Peter Frampton, Plasmatics, Ace Frehley, Leslie West, Twisted Sister, Brian Setzer, Ratt, Poison, Rick Derringer, Billy Idol, Sylvester Stallone, Jodie Foster, Joe Spinell, off the top of my head.

[...]

Most of them, yes.

• Like 3

Bollocks.

And it's Kilmister.

How does all that you have described make your life better than mine? Do you know anything about my life apart from what I choose to divulge on this forum?

You sound just like a bloke I work with, who's also a twat. Always going on about how he used to roadie for The Police and that he used to live next door to Ainsley fucking Harriot.

• Like 1

The English Courts baffle me.

So they agree that someone in a PVS (persistent vegetative state) can have treatment withdrawn provided everyone agrees without legal permission, in a ruling announced by the Supreme Court today. Yet if everyone agrees that someone with locked in syndrome should go (including the person who is locked in) withdrawing sustenance would be a positive step towards euthanasia and is not allowed.

Now, speaking as someone whose family member was in a PVS for over 20 years, I don't understand this. I can only think this is clearly an economic decision, giving weight to the right wing attitude that the taxpayer shouldn't be forking out for folk who, in their opinion, deserve to die or don't deserve treatment. (Next stop, fatties and fag addicts).

Anyway, in Scotland, my family were given the option without any recourse to the Courts...it would have just happened if my parents had so decided. They didn't.

Hmmm....

"Death is not all bad. It is a release too."

– Albert Einstein

I have no fear on actually being dead, I’m sure that is great. The idea of how I go into death is something I do fear a lot though. Being someone who has suffered from depression for a while now, one thing that I do fear is taking my own life. Of course, it’s not like I’m going to do that soon (or ever hopefully) as even if I started having an actual plan I know where to get help, but I fear that one day I might not have that realization anymore. I also don’t really want to reach old age though as I’ve seen people that have to suffer through it. Strangely though, I’d feel more comfortable having a terminal illness than going by a sudden heart attack or something like that. I know it’s probably more painful that way, but for some reason, it seems more comfortable mentally for me, and I really don’t know why...

Difficult thing. I am depressed too. Nasty people, climate change and no chance to use my talent. And I'm getting old. Over 100 billion humans have lived of which only 7 percent are alive today. Some time ago I visited ***** and managed to get enough ***** to... listen to Demi Lovato?

people who have never had depression are not capable of understanding it

19 hours ago, runebomme said:

people who have never had depression are not capable of understanding it

That's true