Superstar polar bear Knut has died. Cause of death currently unknown.

Superstar polar bear Knut has died. Cause of death currently unknown.

Apparently he was experiencing some behavourial problems before he died. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-12805534

Experts think he may have been bi-polar.

Check please!

Hi all.

Just a thought, I had a quick look at the brief rules, and can see nuffink which excludes animals being included on the 2012 list.

O.K. It would have to be a 'special, celebrity' animal to get an obit in the press, but sure I've seen 1 or 2 in the distant past.

What ya think?

Mitzi.

:banghead:Man high on bath salts kills neighbour's goat....

"He told them, 'Don't come in, I'm naked,'" Powers said. "But they opened the door and he was standing there with his pants down. He had on women's clothing and the goat was dead and there was blood everywhere. It was just a scene."

Tamworth Butch

Bacon butty, anyone?

I went to the Rare Breeds Centre back in June and saw the Tamworth Two and managed to stroke them both - this was shortly before I was nibbled at by a pygmy goat - so it's rather sad news that one of them has now gone. RIP sweet porker.

Sundance reunited with Butch :rip:

(Paul O'Grady still breathes though!)

Mr Pickle

"Jonathan Ross' beloved pet dog Mr Pickle has died while he was filming a new TV show with his owner, forcing all production on the programme to come to an immediate halt ... Jonathan and his dog were travelling across Russia on the Trans-Siberian railway as part of a new travel series ... Mr Pickle, who had become something of a national treasure after being talked about regularly on Ross' Friday-night talk show, is said to have died on the train itself"

Mr Pickle

"Jonathan Ross' beloved pet dog Mr Pickle has died while he was filming a new TV show with his owner, forcing all production on the programme to come to an immediate halt ... Jonathan and his dog were travelling across Russia on the Trans-Siberian railway as part of a new travel series ... Mr Pickle, who had become something of a national treasure after being talked about regularly on Ross' Friday-night talk show, is said to have died on the train itself"

JR will be devastated by that.He never stops tweeting about that bloody dog and posting pics of it.I better tweet him some condolences ..

Shrek the Sheep has died.

"Shrek shot to fame in 2004, when he was found on Bendigo sheep station [after going missing for 6 years] with a huge 27kg fleece that was so thick he could barely see".

Trouble, the dog that was left $6m by Leona Helmsley has been receiving death threats

More trouble for Trouble, as she loses $10m of her $12m inheritance. No more foie gras for you, it's back to the Winalot.

And more - she's dead. I hope she made a will.

Dog to be stoned to death - Unfuckingbelievable.

An orthodox religious court consist of idiots. What's new?

regards,

Hein

Sad news for fans of happy Feet the penguin ..recently released back into the wild after getting lost and captured..it seem she may have become a polar bears happy meal :smiley_f:

PS yes it really is that quiet on the death front that I have to post about the possible death of a bloody penguin...Things have to look up soon surely!

t seem she may have become a polar bear[']s happy meal :smiley_f:

From which we learn that the polar bears are emigrating, now that the Arctic ice is melting. Shouldn't they have visa for that?

regards,

Hein

I wasn't aware of the geographical location of the penguin.I just assumed it was near the north pole as that's where they normally live and penguins are normally eaten by polar bears I think.I have to admit I'm not a wildlife expert so I could be wrong.

I wasn't aware of the geographical location of the penguin.I just assumed it was near the north pole as that's where they normally live and penguins are normally eaten by polar bears I think.I have to admit I'm not a wildlife expert so I could be wrong.

Penguins are native to the South Pole, wildlife expert or not you coulda just typed "Penguin" into Wikipedia

Here's a mystery

Remember that video of the US coast guard blowing up a dead whale to "

" of it ?

All a bit disturbing

Razor

An unusual roadkill.

The Dutch text translates to:

"Near Den Oever in (the province of) Noord-Holland a seal has been killed in a collision. The animal was crossing the Afsluitdijk from the North Sea to the IJsselmeer and was hit by a lorry.

The driver probably didn't notice the accident, another motorist called the police. Staff of a seal sanctuary in Noordwijk have taken the corpse to a seal sanctuary in Pieterburen for examination.

According to Zeehondencrèche Lenie 't Hart it's a 1.60 m long, rather skinny animal. It climbed the dike from the Wadden Sea and had crawled under the trafic barrier onto the motorway.

They claim seals do that every now and again, but only in cold winters."

"Are there penguins this tall?" (man waves hand at knee height)

"Yes."

"And this tall?" (waves hand at hip height)

"Yes."

"And this tall?" (waves hand at shoulder height)

"No."

"Damn, so it was a nun I ran over."

regards,

Hein