#33:  For the fourth time, the town of Rabbit Hash, Kentucky elected a dog to be its mayor. Jordie Bamforth says her 3-year-old pit bull Brynneth Pawltro beat out a cat, a chicken and a donkey, among others, to become the next mayor of Rabbit Hash, 78 miles (125 kilometers) north of Lexington.
SC

#34:  Surely this was an agonizingly slow death.

The Charles Paddock Zoo in Atascadero reported Monday that its two-toed sloth named "Rayne" was found dead in his enclosure on Sunday morning.  Rayne was put on public exhibit at the zoo in June.  Zookeepers found him dead during their early morning rounds. They believe the four-year-old sloth passed away sometime Saturday night of a possible heart attack.
SC

#35: 

The Manila Zoo is honoring the life of Bertha, its former longest-living resident.

The female hippo, who lived at the Philippine zoo since it opened in 1959, was found dead in her enclosure on Friday. She was 65 years old, and was believed to be the oldest hippopotamus in captivity. (Her age can’t be officially, independently verified as the zoo lost Bertha’s records.)
SC

19931539_1655198607842047_5735232974681538560_n.jpg

On 7/5/2017 at 13:50, Sir Creep said:

#33:  For the fourth time, the town of Rabbit Hash, Kentucky elected a dog to be its mayor. Jordie Bamforth says her 3-year-old pit bull Brynneth Pawltro beat out a cat, a chicken and a donkey, among others, to become the next mayor of Rabbit Hash, 78 miles (125 kilometers) north of Lexington.
SC

As one town elects an animal mayor, another loses theirs - Stubbs, the feline mayor of Talkeetna, Alaska since 1997, has died aged 20. A hardy critter even in his later years, having survived a dog attack in 2013.

• Like 2

#36:   Snooty, the longest living manatee in captivity, died (drowned) Sunday, a day after a huge party to celebrate his 69th birthday, according to the South Florida Museum.  "Snooty was found in an underwater area only used to access plumbing for the exhibit life support system. Early indications are that an access panel door that is normally bolted shut had somehow been knocked loose and that Snooty was able to swim in," the museum said in a press release. "Snooty's habitat undergoes a daily visual inspection and there were no indications the previous day that there was anything amiss."
SC

i4a6uytj1gnaxoiotrzo.jpg

#37: This is sad cuz I was gonna take my daughter to Sea World in San Antonio in the next month to see this animal, among others :(

The last killer whale born in captivity at SeaWorld died on Monday at a San Antonio park.

Kyara, the orca born in April to her mom Takara, was being treated by veterinarians for an infection but her health declined over the weekend. While a post-mortem exam will determine the whale’s official cause of death, SeaWorld officials said she likely died of pneumonia.
SC

seaworld-orca-kyara.jpg

#38:  In a Toronto suburb, a life-sized chrome cow sculpture raised two storeys high on stilts is being interpreted as ugly, strange, and scary.  "We don't like it. It scares the children," resident Danny Dasilva said.  The sculpture, titled Charity, Perpetuation of Perfection, is anything but perfect for people in the Cathedraltown subdivision near Highway 404 and Elgin Mills Road.

Many gathered this week to demand that the recently installed artwork be removed immediately.

For some, the lifelike bovine lacks taste.  "I think it's strange to see the cow's butt every morning," 11-year-old Charity Crescent resident Chloe told CBC News.

SC

cow.jpg.size.custom.crop.1086x684.jpg

markham-cow-2.jpg

Noticing a cow theme, today!

6 hours ago, msc said:

Noticing a cow theme, today!

MM Hmmm...  every once in a while gotta do 'cow/bull'' search to see if Bovine Attacks needs updating.

SC

#39:  Single mother-of-three, Leeanne Ericson, survived a shark attack by gouging out the animal's eyes until it let her go.  The attack left Ericson in critical condition, with a massive piece of her right thigh missing. She was placed in a medically-induced coma but has since recovered and stabilized.

...Medical doctors later said that Ericson's lungs were inundated with water and pieces of her own flesh which she accidentally inhaled. :o  Her condition is known as “dry drowning”, which is a form of non-fatal respiratory impairment.
SC

On 4/16/2016 at 12:30, Sir Creep said:

"Tiger Whisperer" wasn't audible enough, so the tiger leaned in for a listen.

SC

http://jezebel.com/a-zookeeper-known-as-the-tiger-whisperer-was-killed-b-1771384112

#40: UPDATE
Sadly, the Malayan tiger that killed the Palm Beach Zoo 'Tiger Whisperer'  employee last year died in surgery late Thursday, the zoo announced.

The 14-year-old tiger, Hati, had surgery last week for “irritations in his guts,” the zoo said.

The tiger had surgery again Thursday. Zoo staff said it didn’t appear Hati had more damage, but during recovery the tiger stopped breathing and could not be revived.
SC

#41:  Andy Llewellyn was on a run near Chellaston, England, on August 1 when he was attacked by a hawk with a wingspan about four feet long, digging its talons into the top of Llewellyn’s head.
SC

man-attacked-by-hawk-jogging.jpg

#42: A rooster attacked a Missouri man who 'fell and discharged his rifle', accidentally killing his 10-year old son.
SC

#43 (a) and (b):  Two amateur beekeepers were attacked by their own colony Saturday before the bees swarmed through the neighborhood, sending the couple to the hospital and prompting an alert by local emergency management officials.

Similarly, a 53-year-old Tucson (AZ) landscaper was trimming trees when he was attacked.  Witnesses said the bees covered his face
SC

#44:   A woman has been treated in hospital after she was attacked by a kangaroo on a Gold Coast golf course.  Paramedics said the woman, believed to be in her 50s, had gone to the aid of a man who was also being attacked on the driving range.  The female victim, named as Liya Chan, said the kangaroo jumped up at her face and she used a seven iron to protect herself.

Everyone knows you need a 3-wood when hitting a roo.
SC

#45:   An Alaska man is recovering after being attacked by a bison while hiking (and taking photos too close) in western North Dakota's Theodore Roosevelt National Park.  The bison apparently threw the 65-year old man into a bush, knocking him unconscious. He also suffered a leg laceration. When he came to, the man saw more bison, so he climbed a butte and yelled for help.
SC

#46:   

While a man dozed on his patio in his detached home near Ipswich, the seagull swooped from the sky, and with one bite of its beak ripped away the right testicle.

He woke screaming in agony, and saw the bird flying away with one of his ‘crown jewels’ wedged in its yellow beak.

A spokesman for research group Seagull Watch International confirmed that seagulls often feed on the eggs of small birds.
SC

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

#46:   

While a man dozed on his patio in his detached home near Ipswich, the seagull swooped from the sky, and with one bite of its beak ripped away the right testicle.

He woke screaming in agony, and saw the bird flying away with one of his ‘crown jewels’ wedged in its yellow beak.

A spokesman for research group Seagull Watch International confirmed that seagulls often feed on the eggs of small birds.
SC

I think that this did not happen.

1 hour ago, Toast said:

I think that this did not happen.

Don't ruin my mojo. :vulture:

And I can't even speak to the manner of person who challenges the veracity of the Suffolk Gazette!

#47:  Because animals are always up to antics, warnings have issued saying to beware of displaced alligators during Hurricane Harvey.
SC

#48:  This one is personal :(
"The Toledo Zoo is sad to report the death of our long-time resident, J.J. the orangutan. He died at the advanced age of 45 over the weekend from heart failure. J.J., whose formal name is Jiggs Junior, was a beloved member of the Toledo Zoo for decades, during which millions of visitors enjoyed his gentle disposition, remarkable intelligence and endearing interactions."

One of my favorite zoo friends ever. (About 25 years ago)...He sat up against the glass and I put my palm on the glass and he tried touching my hand through the glass and put his hand of mine. True story.  From that time orangutans have been one of my favorite animals.  Sorry to hear J.J. is gone.
SC

n3deadape-jpg.jpg

• Like 1

#49:  Nutmeg, the world's oldest cat, dies in jolly olde England at 32 years old.
SC

21728148_1623933784329460_1614620790666889210_n.jpg