The notification of the death of animals is not that common. The death of Totilas rocked the equestrian world to the core Totilas was considered royalty. 

7 minutes ago, Whitehouse said:

The notification of the death of animals is not that common. The death of Totilas rocked the equestrian world to the core Totilas was considered royalty. 

96010235_Z.jpg?sw=400&sh=400&sm=fit

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

96010235_Z.jpg?sw=400&sh=400&sm=fit

I always said if I owned a pony I’d name it Glue Factory.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sir Cunto said:

I always said if I owned a pony I’d name it Glue Factory.  

Most modern adhesives are synthetic polymers there are a small number of applications such as certain glues for restoring furniture where rendered animal products are still used but most things that are commercially available to the general public are synthetic. Now if you had used a tin of cat food.....

A pet hippo mauled a man to death in South Africa who he used to ride and would describe as 'like a son.' South African farmer Marius Els' body was found in a river with marks of being bitten by a huge animal several times who he had earlier described as his son.

Mr Els, a resident of Free State province in South Africa, was shot riding the hippo in a footage which had went viral on the internet. The six year old pet hippo, named Humphrey bit Els repeatedly and dragged him into Vaal River close to his home.

SCunto

13DD1B66-8BBD-4A79-A0E5-95E6DE1F2DD1.jpeg

What is believed to be the world’s oldest orangutan has died at the Oregon Zoo, officials said.  Inji, who was first brought to the Portland zoo in 1961, was euthanized on Saturday, zoo officials said. The Sumatran orangutan was 61.  In the wild, orangutans rarely live past the age of 40,

SC

Almost as if 2021 couldn’t get any worse. Luckily the Tower still has 7 ravens left.

• Like 2

Tower of London raven missing, believed dead. (Actual news report not Twitter).

Edited by time
Beaten by Thatcher!

1 minute ago, time said:

Tower of London raven missing, believed dead.

I've just left The Queen off my Inverse entry only 5 minutes ago. Sure I did it because it was a low probability high impact event, but now this? *

*I'm in no way a fatalistic person, I leave that to those better qualified such as @Gooseberry Crumble, but well one never knows.

• Haha 1

The United States Naval Academy has announced that goat mascot Bill 33 has died.  The fuzzy Angora goat was affectionately known as “Blue Eyes” and would have been 14 years old next week.  Bill, the Naval Academy's 35th goat mascot , died following a history of chronic illness.

The goat was the team mascot from 2008 to 2015. He stood out not only for his startling eyes, but also for horns that stretched longer than any goat in his herd.

Bill 33 played a central role in an Army-Navy prank that had gone too far in 2012. He was kidnapped from his home at Maryland Sunrise Farm in Gambrills. There were other so-called goatnappings. But that one prompted the academy to keep the mascot’s location secret to the public.

SC

goat.jpg

MPs effort to protect hedgehogs is being headed up by Chris Grayling. Which, sadly, probably means they’ll be extinct by the end of the month. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

MPs effort to protect hedgehogs is being headed up by Chris Grayling. Which, sadly, probably means they’ll be extinct by the end of the month. 

If Grayling became an undertaker, people would stop dying.

Montana Grizzly Encounter has announced on their Facebook page that Brutus has passed away. 

Brutus was the reason the sanctuary was built, and was the first bear to arrive at the sanctuary. Staff said Brutus was rescued from an unethical breeding program when he was two-weeks old.

SC

A female polar bear at the Detroit Zoo was killed by the Zoo’s adult male bear on Monday, February 8, 2021. 20-year-old Anana died when 16-year-old male Nuka was attempting to breed her

[Boy, does Sir Creep know the feeling]

According to Detroit Zoological Society Chief Life Sciences Officer, the two bears had lived together without incident in 2020. “This was completely unexpected and the Detroit Zoo staff is devastated by the loss of Anana in this sudden and tragic event”.

The Detroit Zoo has not experienced the killing of one animal by another animal in decades; the last occurrence was also with polar bears in 1988.

SC

A New Jersey zoo says a snow leopard that gained national attention for giving birth to seven cubs has died at 17 years old.

A county press release said Himani was “peacefully euthanized following a battle with cancer” on Friday.

SC

Leopard.jpg

Thousands Of Stunned Sea Turtles Rescued From Texas Storm.

The turtles have been loaded into the back of a Subaru. They’ve been laid out in row after row on the deck of a ship. And the stunned creatures have been arrayed by the thousands in buildings without power amid the powerful winter storm that has blasted Texas with frigid temperatures this week.

Wildlife groups and volunteers have pulled thousands of threatened sea turtles from the waters off the Texas coast in recent days amid the paralyzing storm.

Dramatic photos show turtles hauled from frigid waters, suffering from what’s known as cold-stunning. The phenomenon happens when a sea turtle faces long exposure to cold water temperatures, often below 50 degrees. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration noted that cold-stunned turtles “become lethargic and are eventually unable to swim causing them to float at the surface.”

Dramatic Photos Show Thousands Of Stunned Sea Turtles Rescued From Texas Storm (yahoo.com)

A 12-year-old girl has been mauled to death by a leopard in the Sanjay Tiger Reserve in Madhya Pradesh’s Sidhi district, a police official said on Sunday.

The incident took place on Saturday when the girl along with her mother and some other women went to a forest near Madwas village in the tiger reserve to collect firewood,

SC