Whatever the rights and wrong of this case - it should not have happened

Rest in peace Champ - chase butterflies around the rainbow bridge until your mum comes to get you.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/Let-Champ-Live

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/your-shout/Rehom...rier.4480782.jp

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Owner-of-il...bull.4491015.jp

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Illegal-pit...hamp.4734155.jp

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/PIt-bull-Ch...-put.4736710.jp

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together...

Speaking as somebody who likes Domestic animals, Wildlife and Nature in general, I have to say that, what i have read is nothing more than dangerous bollocks.

Its a Pit Bull, unstable, lethal and no more risk free than owning a house trained Tiger.

The rest I find disturbingly bizarre and, possibly, on the wrong part of this site.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

Sounds like my goose just before it took off for the last time.

PS. Maybe this could go in the animal antics thread.

Edited by Lady Grendel
Threads merged.

India, the 18 year-old pet cat of George W. and Laura Bush has died..... I feel for them... I really, really do. :referee:

Guest Dutch

Maybe bit of topic....

I know that Dutch rocker/painter Herman Brood use to have a parrot who sat on his head and used to sh*t all over it.

Does anyone know if this bird is still alive?

Someone has shot and killed Sandi Thom's cat.

She had one number one a couple years back. Still all the rage up here... (Sandi Thom, not the cat).

Don't put your rabbit on the plane, Mrs. Edwards

news-graphics-2008-_660025a.jpg

(I wonder what her jacket's made from?)

"The world's largest rabbit has died unexpectedly after her owner flew it from the UK to Italy to take part in a television show ... It was due to appear on the Italian version of Record Breakers, but the excitement proved too much and it died in a hotel room shortly before the television debut."

Maybe bit of topic....

I know that Dutch rocker/painter Herman Brood use to have a parrot who sat on his head and used to sh*t all over it.

Does anyone know if this bird is still alive?

I doubt it if it's owner used to sh*t all over it.

One for Team Bully

News from Tramplona

Apparently the bull in question was "spooked and aggressive". Wouldn't anyone be?

Pepe, an escaped hippopotamus who once belonged to the late drug baron Pablo Escobar, has been hunted down and shot dead by the Colombian army after he was deemed to be a public menace, a bit like his former owner. Efforts are ongoing to hunt down (and presumably kill) Pepe's mate and his calf, the only hippo ever to have been born in the wild outside Africa. :crossbone:

Gidget the Taco Bell Chihuahua has died at the age of 15

This is rather ironic

Whale impaled by cruise ship

A whale-watching cruise ship has returned to harbour with the carcass of a 70ft fin whale jammed on the ship's bow.

Eager whale-watchers got closer than they would have preferred after the vessel apparently struck the 70ft fin whale in Alaskan waters and carried it back to Vancouver.

Port worker Craig Delahunt said: "Basically like a train coming through, it just hits them. That bow is kind of like a spear. And once they're hit by it, it probably breaks their back, kills them almost instantly."