More of a question really - I'm by no means a dog expert, but surely, this dog (loved by Benedict Cumberbatch & George Clooney, and now dead) isn't a miniature dachshund?

Hero was said to be known by the film stars.

• Like 1

Awww :(

56053231-6E91-4328-994D-5BCBE13C634A.jpeg

• Sad 1

VERY INTERESTING Facts, about dead penguins - I never knew this! Did you ever wonder why there are no dead penguins on the ice in Antarctica? Where do they go? Wonder no more! It is a known fact that the penguin is a very ritualistic bird which lives an extremely ordered and complex life. The penguin is very committed to its family and will mate for life, as well as maintain a form of compassionate contact with its offspring throughout its life. If a penguin is found dead on the ice surface, other members of the family and social circle have been known to dig holes in the ice, using their vestigial wings and beaks, until the hole is deep enough for the dead bird to be rolled into, and buried. The male penguins then gather in a circle around the fresh grave and sing: "Freeze a jolly good fellow." "Freeze a jolly good fellow." You really didn't believe that I know anything about penguins, did you?

• Haha 2

A little late with this one, but Maple, the dog of YouTuber AcousticTrench, who appeared in all of his videos, died in June, aged 12.

Between YouTube and Facebook he had over 5 million subscribers. Not bad for a dog and a guitar!

A 45-year-old male river hippopotamus named Otis and nicknamed the "smiling hippo" has died at the San Diego Zoo.

Otis had been under care for degenerative joint and spinal disease and a decision to euthanize him was made last weekend when his condition declined dramatically.

SC

66FD6F14-7FC7-489C-A784-CBFE4785C29E.jpeg

I can't think of any deadpools that allow animals?

2 hours ago, Toast said:

But not everything in Main concerns deadpooling? A lot of it is just discussion of ailing of deceased subjects of note.

10 hours ago, Toast said:

Arghtons super long one did. It's why I picked Dominic Cummings. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Kim Taylor, 73, of Wellesley, had been volunteering at Cultivate Care Farms when she was repeatedly rammed by a sheep on Saturday morning. Taylor had extensive injuries and went into cardiac arrest just after first responders arrived at the farm.  She was taken to hospital where she was pronounced dead.

SC

A group of monkeys in a small town in India took "revenge" on the local dog population this month by throwing them off of the top of tall buildings and trees. It is reported that the monkeys have killed about 250 pups in the process and are now targeting villagers.

SC

Not sure where else to put this, this afternoon I was in the local bus station and saw a group of people infront of a bus watching a woman giving CPR to a dog. They had been on the bus when the dog took sick, I don't think it was going to end well. On a lighter note I know the driver of the bus and will rip the pish out of them next time I bump into them.

At least two members of a herd of endangered Asian elephants died at a Sri Lankan landfill over the weekend after eating trash.

The landfill is located near Pallakkadu village in the eastern part of the country. A veterinarian interviewed by the AP said the two deceased elephants had swallowed large amounts of polythene, food wrappers, and other plastics. Making matters worse, there were no signs of food elephants normally eat found in their bodies.

SC

A British woman who went missing after a massive underwater volcanic eruption resulted in tsunami waves hitting the Pacific nation of Tonga has been found dead, her family says, the island's first reported death in the disaster.

Angela Glover, 50, had been living in Tonga along her husband, James, since 2015 and founded the Tonga Animal Welfare Society. The terrible accident came about as they tried to rescue their dogs.

SC

Ozzie, the world's oldest male gorilla and the third-oldest gorilla in the world, was found deceased on Tuesday, the zoo in Atlanta said. Ozzie was 61. Gorillas are considered geriatric once they're 40 years old.

SC

Cabbage, Rory Cellan-Jones dog who achieved a level of fame last year when stolen, along with 5 other dogs, has died aged 14.

• Sad 1

New Jersey’s weather-predicting groundhog, Milltown Mel, has died suddenly — just before his big day. 

“We wranglers are sad to report that Milltown Mel recently crossed over the rainbow bridge,” according to a Sunday post on the groundhog’s Facebook page. 

It wasn’t immediately clear when the local celebrity died, but the borough’s annual Groundhog Day ceremony — scheduled for Wednesday — has been axed this year as a result

SC

A 40-year-old fisherman died in a freak mishap after a Black Marlin fish reportedly stabbed him through his stomach when he was fishing in the sea off Muthyalammapalem coast in Visakhapatnam on Wednesday.

The deceased has been identified as N. Joganna (40).

When the fishermen were lifting the net, a Black Marlin fish suddenly popped out and stabbed Joganna through his stomach with its sharp snout.

SC