Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

Check wikipedia's deaths in 2010 page. That's one hell of a lot of notable people to perish in a single incident.

Which makes me wonder why they were all travelling together. On one plane. Which was designed about 25 years ago. Which then crashed. I'd have thought that, like the Royal Family, they'd have spread out the notables over a few aircraft.

• Like 1

Check wikipedia's deaths in 2010 page. That's one hell of a lot of notable people to perish in a single incident.

Which makes me wonder why they were all travelling together. On one plane. Which was designed about 25 years ago. Which then crashed. I'd have thought that, like the Royal Family, they'd have spread out the notables over a few aircraft.

It does seem like an odd assortment of politicians, military chiefs and bankers.

Were they relocating the government or something?

President of Poland Lech Kaczynski among the dead in Russian plane crash. Story here.

*sits back and waits for the conspiracy theories to begin*

Yeah, some paranoid lunatic will, no doubt, mention the US 'Missile Defence Shield', its mooted partial siting in Poland, the Polish government's tacit approval of this, and Russia's publicly stated and thorough dislike of such... nah, it's probably just a coincidence.

Just like when my neighbours hung wind chimes from their gazebo, wind chimes which I have publicly and loudly decried as being the lowest form of unneighbourly cretinry, irritating noise pollution which should be punishable by nothing other than painful death, which happened to be right next to my garden, and which then suddenly disappeared in the middle of the night. Coincidence. These things happen.

Former President of Bangledesh Hussain Muhammad Ershad is critically ill with "multiple ailments".

Is that anything like multiple sclerosis?

Brave warrior Cameron fearlessly survives assassination attempt, or summat. Doubtless the hoodie hating/tory loving press will be making much of this today.

Brave warrior Cameron fearlessly survives assassination attempt, or summat. Doubtless the hoodie hating/tory loving press will be making much of this today.

Do you suppose Dave gave him a hug afterwards?

It's the Christian thing to do. Is Cameron one? A Christian, I mean, not a thing, which he obviously is.

regards,

Hein

It's the Christian thing to do. Is Cameron one? A Christian, I mean, not a thing, which he obviously is.

regards,

Hein

Not as much as Blair...

In the meantime, some voters in Yorkshire have been thrown a curve-ball as one of the candidates for Thirsk and Malton has died, thus delaying their election by a couple of weeks.

Jacob Zuma HIV negative - apparently - despite his shagadelic shenanigans over the years.

BBC News reporting our ambassador in Yemen has just survived a bomb explosion. Asked to comment he said: 'Speak up man, there's a terrible ringing noise in my ears.'

Nigel Farage, suffering for his cause - the plane was towing a Ukip banner.

Ukip candidate Nigel Farage has been injured in a light plane crash, police sources said.

Mr Farage was taken to hospital with non life-threatening injuries following the crash at Hinton-in-the-Hedges airfield, near Brackley in Northamptonshire.

The plane went down just after 8am, also injuring the pilot, who was taken to Walsgrave Hospital.

Mr Farage was taken to Horton General Hospital in Banbury.

Nigel Farage, suffering for his cause - the plane was towing a Ukip banner.

Ukip candidate Nigel Farage has been injured in a light plane crash, police sources said.

Mr Farage was taken to hospital with non life-threatening injuries following the crash at Hinton-in-the-Hedges airfield, near Brackley in Northamptonshire.

The plane went down just after 8am, also injuring the pilot, who was taken to Walsgrave Hospital.

Mr Farage was taken to Horton General Hospital in Banbury.

Ah well. Thats one less vote for UKIP in the Buckingham Constituency (his).

Although one of my friends (who actually supports UKIP) believes that this accident may increase their vote.

(Keep in mind this is the Speaker's seat, and no other major party is standing).

I'd go with it being positive for votes, traditionally the news media avoid campaigning politics on election day, so Nigel has managed to find a way to break that tradition, since he was injured campaigning. The story sourced above does include the words on the banner the plane was pulling.

Former Dutch Minister of Internal Affairs, leader of the conservative party VVD and amateur musician Hans Dijkstal no longer has a sax life. Or rather: no life at all, as he died yesterday at 67. No cause of death has been made public other than that he "had been ill for some time". Perhaps a mortal case of ennui.

regards,

Hein

David Cameron's security decisions causing consternation. I mean, he might be vulnerable to fanatical Liberal Democrats, since their man is now a heartbeat away from the top job, or summat.

David Cameron's security decisions causing consternation. I mean, he might be vulnerable to fanatical Liberal Democrats, since their man is now a heartbeat away from the top job, or summat.

Thankfully it doesn't work like that!

Thankfully it doesn't work like that!

Ditto - I've a feeling that there is a glass ceiling on that job - Should David Cameron die it's all a bit too obvious William Hague would take over the top job role.

David Thompson, Prime Minister of Barbados, is feeling unwell. Reading between the lines of that article, I'm guessing he has been diagnosed with cancer.