Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

UK obit for Eagleburger. Well done to When Will Their Massive Reserves Of Fat Go Rancid for picking him on this year's DDP.

The Scottish Liberal Democrat partys campaign chief has dropped dead of a heart attack aged 43.He was of course pre-deceased by his party

The Libertarian partys first ever presidential nominee John Hospers has died.It's a quiet day on the death front...

The UKs oldest ex MP James Allason has died at 98 . This leaves former deputy labour leader Ted Short as oldest ex MP as well as the oldest member of the House of Lords

The UKs oldest ex MP James Allason has died at 98 . This leaves former deputy labour leader Ted Short as oldest ex MP as well as the oldest member of the House of Lords

He was on my DDP theme team - my second hit.

You better watch out DDT!

Tory boy Christopher Shale found dead in a bog at Glastonbury Festival. Nice.

They say the last thing you do before you die is crap your pants...so he died in a pretty handy place.

so David Camerons constituency chief APPARANTELY commits suicide hours a fter writing an article criticising his own partry.Hmm..brings back memories of that day David Kelly was found in a field...

or am I just being ridiculously paranoid? :P

so David Camerons constituency chief APPARANTELY commits suicide hours a fter writing an article criticising his own partry.Hmm..brings back memories of that day David Kelly was found in a field...

Oh right...you're one of those are you?

Oh dear.

Oh dear.

Stunned by this, notaguest has always come across as a pretty sensible type otherwise.

Oh dear.

Stunned by this, notaguest has always come across as a pretty sensible type otherwise.

I have a particular dislike for conspiracy theorists.

Talking of Glastonbury toilets... On the Tuesday before the festival kicked off in 1994 (back when Glastonbury was good), I opened the door of a pristine toilet, only to find a couple engrossed in a lesbian sex session. Being an easy going sort of person, I just mumbled my apologies, shut the door and left them to it. A few seconds later one of the ladies (who I perceived to be under the influence of even more drugs than I had taken) burst out of the lavatory, stark naked, called me a "f*cking pervert" and chased me across a field brandishing a dildo.

I just thought I'd share that anecdote with you all. :P

I guess he wasn't up for Portilloo.

tumbleweed.gif

Oh dear.

I have a particular dislike for conspiracy theorists.

I'm sceptical of conspiracy theories too but considering the mounting sly bastardness of Cameron, I wouldn't put it pass him...

or am I just being ridiculously paranoid? :lol:

No you're not just being ridiculously paranoid, you're being ridiculously sensationalist too. Do you have any evidence, other than what Michael Eavis has said, that this is suicide?

I'm sure I heard them say on the radio it was suspected suicide but now theyre saying it was a heart attack so who knows what's going on..Wwhy would someone commit suicide at Glastonbury?I mean if you're depressed you don't usually go to a festival where everyone are having fun do you!

I'm sure I heard them say on the radio it was suspected suicide but now theyre saying it was a heart attack so who knows what's going on..Wwhy would someone commit suicide at Glastonbury?I mean if you're depressed you don't usually go to a festival where everyone are having fun do you!

Have you seen Coldplay?

Fair point.Could have been suicide.Was Radiohead playing by any chance?

• Like 1

You know, in an episode of Callan I just happened to be watching last night, Callan is berated by a coroner for claiming another man had committed suicide without the full facts to make such a claim.

I can't help but feel this is a worthwhile moral to take in such cases. Sudden heart attacks do happen to 50 year olds in stressful jobs after all.

Did they get him out of there or did Michael Eavis tip him into the pig's enclosure...I mean, Mr Eavis was talking about the need to get back to Glastonbury's political edge.

Have you seen Coldplay?

He's still alive, so obviously not...

Sir Michael Somare, 75, the Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea, is taking an indefinite period of medical leave after undergong surgery of an unspecified nature.

Sir Michael Somare, who has been intensive care in for eight weeks, has resigned as Papua New Guinea's Prime Minister. Quite how much the man himself knows about this news is unclear.

Arthur Somare explained that the decision had been made by the family "without full and proper consultation with Sir Michael," who remains too ill.

:lol: Sounds a bit ominous...

Wife of Ex-Illinois Governor George Ryan, Lura Lynn Ryan dies at 76.

I thought there was a first ladies thread but I couldnt find it. I think quite a few DDP teams picked her, and I saw this one coming, but left her off because I thought no way she'll get the obit. God I hope she doesnt, if she does, that'll be another Genaro Hernandez for me. And I dont like to regret...

• Like 1