Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

Guest Guest

Larry Speakes, White House press secretary who took over after James Brady was shot and laughed off the AIDS epidemic.

Only Ronald Regan could have a spokesman with the name Speakes. How many jokes were there about that back in the day lol

Lady Caroline Faber turns 91 this year, could be worth keeping an eye on, she is the last living child of former PM Harold Macmillan

American senator from Oklahoma, Tom Coburn, who has already survived a bout with colon cancer and melanoma, is suffering prostate cancer for the second time. This guy is a walking carcinogen.

Coburn won't serve the rest of his Senate term due to "deepening problems with his health".

American senator from Oklahoma, Tom Coburn, who has already survived a bout with colon cancer and melanoma, is suffering prostate cancer for the second time. This guy is a walking carcinogen.

Coburn won't serve the rest of his Senate term due to "deepening problems with his health".

Damn. Should of put him on my main team.

Damn. Should of put him on my main team.

In his own statement, however, he says his resignation isn't about his cancer. Um...

I don't think he is in a months to live type situation otherwise he would be hightailing it out of Washington either to do his bucketlist or flying somewhere to do experimental treatments for a chance he can prolong his life.

Guest Guest

Joan Mondale, wife of ex-US VP, entered hospice care on Friday.

that probably means she'll die quite soon :(

That's usually the case. Walter still looks ok, he looked a bit like he was in a world of his own last week when I saw him at the grocery store, then once the announcement about Joan entering hospice care probably explained his somber mood.

Guest Guest

That's usually the case. Walter still looks ok, he looked a bit like he was in a world of his own last week when I saw him at the grocery store, then once the announcement about Joan entering hospice care probably explained his somber mood.

you know them personally?

Guest Guest

Dead.

didn't think she'd die quite as quickly as that I must admit!

I live in Minneapolis and he shops close to where I live at a store called Lunds in N.E. Minneapolis.

Guest Guest

I live in Minneapolis and he shops close to where I live at a store called Lunds in N.E. Minneapolis.

in that case please pass on my condolences on behalf of deathlist

Guest Guest

The man who coined the phrase 'winter of discontent' , former tory MP and govt minister Sir David Price has died at 89 http://www.telegraph...e-obituary.html . He's the 2nd minister from the Mcmillan/Home govts to die in as many weeks following the death of Sir Christopher Chataway, leaving just 5 still alive.

The man who coined the phrase 'winter of discontent' ,

Shakespeare.

• Like 6

Guest Guest

yes but David Price was the first to use the phrase in reference to the 74-79 labour govt

I'll pay you if you do, try and record a photo of his reaction! "Sir, I subscribe to this website, we speculate on people who are about to die..."

I'll pay you if you do, try and record a photo of his reaction! "Sir, I subscribe to this website, we speculate on people who are about to die..."

Well I don't know him well enough to do that.

• Like 2

Guest Guest

you've got a point there.Maybe best to wait a while till the initial shock and grief of her death is over..

Guest Guest

The man who coined the phrase 'winter of discontent' , former tory MP and govt minister Sir David Price has died at 89 http://www.telegraph...e-obituary.html . He's the 2nd minister from the Mcmillan/Home govts to die in as many weeks following the death of Sir Christopher Chataway, leaving just 5 still alive.

In case you were wondering the 5 surviving ministers are Peter Carrington (the only cabinet minister still alive), James Ramsden, Bertram Bowyer, Edward Du Cann and Robin Chichester Clarke