Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

Yesterday there was a debate about the large numbers of members who are elligible to sit in the House of Lords apparently they are having to share five to an office. Betty Boothroyd wants them to consider retiring.

She should drop some hints by registering on this site and next year submitting a DDP team of elderly lords who need to consider their health. Come on Betty you know you want to.

• Like 2

Former White House Press Secretary, James Brady has died at the age of 73

He was shot and left permanently disabled during the assassination attempt of Ronald Reagan in 1981

John Hinckley really was a shit assassin, took him 33 years to polish off a hanger on

He even failed to impress Jodi Foster

• Like 3

Who gives a fuck about Baroness Warsi.....another one who resigns on principle??????As Jim Royle would say "political frailty , my arse"

Yesterday there was a debate about the large numbers of members who are elligible to sit in the House of Lords apparently they are having to share five to an office. Betty Boothroyd wants them to consider retiring.

She should drop some hints by registering on this site and next year submitting a DDP team of elderly lords who need to consider their health. Come on Betty you know you want to.

If the recent murmurings actually come to fruition they'll be able to reduce it by half if the cops do a mass job on them.

I just wish our corrupt politicians could be bought to justice.

Who gives a fuck about Baroness Warsi.....another one who resigns on principle??????As Jim Royle would say "political frailty , my arse"

By my reckoning she must have been the first Tory cabinet minister to resign on principle since Lord Carrington in 1982...

Did Geoffrey Howe resign on principle, or did he just throw his toys out of the pram.

Also news that Boris is standing for Parliament next year, so we need to look at elderly safe seat holders in the London area who are "politically frail".

Could Rifkind be moved upstairs?

Did Geoffrey Howe resign on principle, or did he just throw his toys out of the pram.

Also news that Boris is standing for Parliament next year, so we need to look at elderly safe seat holders in the London area who are "politically frail".

Both.

He objected to being moved to what Bernard Ingham described as a non-job and he disagreed with Thatcher over the issue of Europe. Finally boiling over into a decision to resign in a untypically inflammatory fashion and setting the course for the downfall of Thatcher.

If you ever watch The Iron Lady his part is taken by Anthony Head who was superb.

I think there are a number of seats in London that Boris may fill, he won't want one out of the city as he will still be mayor till 2016.

Maybe he and Zac Goldsmith could swap jobs.

Guest Guest

Is the fact that Boris made the announcement the day after David Cameron left the country on his summer holidays a sheer coincidence I wonder..

Is anything a coincidence with Boris?

I personally think that his euro-sceptism will be a vote winner for the Tories, and it will be interesting to see which of the pack align themselves to him during the run-up to the 2015 election

I personally think that his euro-sceptism will be a vote winner for the Tories, and it will be interesting to see which of the pack align themselves to him during the run-up to the 2015 election

The optimistic view of this is that Boris thinks the Tories are going to lose or not win an outright majority because then the top job will probably become vacant. Can anyone see Boris serving in a David Cameron cabinet?

However Cameron will have to offer him a cabinet level job to keep him from mouthing off on the back benches.

It looks like Uxbridge for Boris and upstairs for the current incumbent.

I think that we will see Cameron taking on board Boris's vote winning ways, and adapting some of his ideas and I personally think that the Tories will get an overall majority next year. Watch the money men come back on board in the approach to the election, and watch immigration become one of the big issues.

Must start watching House of Cards again.

It looks like Uxbridge for Boris and upstairs for the current incumbent.

I think that we will see Cameron taking on board Boris's vote winning ways, and adapting some of his ideas and I personally think that the Tories will get an overall majority next year. Watch the money men come back on board in the approach to the election, and watch immigration become one of the big issues.

Must start watching House of Cards again.

Lynton Crosbie ran Boris' mayoral election campaign and he is in charge of the Conservative GE electoral campaign.

They have to be careful on immigration as it may play towards UKIP on one hand a put off centre right floating voters which is where they will need to win.

Guest Guest

The optimistic view of this is that Boris thinks the Tories are going to lose or not win an outright majority because then the top job will probably become vacant. Can anyone see Boris serving in a David Cameron cabinet?

However Cameron will have to offer him a cabinet level job to keep him from mouthing off on the back benches.

let's just hope to heaven he's not made foreign secretary or defence secretary.The worlds in a big enough mess right now...

He was shot and left permanently disabled during the assassination attempt of Ronald Reagan in 1981

James Brady's death has been ruled a homicide, according to the Washington DC police.

Farage stranding for parliament as it transpires that some of his people are associating the UKIP with Uncle Adolf.

I assume that his chosen constituency does not have a strong Jewish vote.

A list of Lords from The Lord of Lists

The following 20 peers are the oldest of those who have been given extended leave of absence from their duties in the Lords. It is possible that such leave is granted for other reasons such as holding a UN or EU political appointed post but considering the youngest of these will be 87 this year I imagine most of them are ill or frail, and remember there are many older people than this still active in the Upper House.

1. Michael Sandberg (b.1927)
  2. John (J D) Sainsbury (b.1927)
  3. Gwilym prys Prys-Davies (b.1923)
  4. Jim Prior (b.1927)
  5. Beryl Platt (b.1923)
  6. Olive Nicol (b.1923)
  7. James Molyneaux (b.1920)
  8. Roy Mason (b.1924)
  9. George Mackie (b.1919)
  10. Betty Lockwood (b.1924)
  11. Philip Knights (b.1920)
  12. William Griffiths (b.1923)
  13. Robert Goff (b.1926)
  14. Robert Lindsay (b.1927)
  15. Alun Gwynne-Jones (b.1919)
  16. Asa Briggs (b.1921)
  17. Thomas Bridges (b.1927)
  18. Derek Barber (b.1918)
  19. Ian Paisley (b.1926)
  20. Richard Attenborough (b.1923)

There should be an obit for any of these.

Guest Guest

apparantely his name is Eduardo Campos

John Hinckley really was a shit assassin, took him 33 years to polish off a hanger on

He even failed to impress Jodi Foster

Or suss that she's gay!