Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

He almost made my DDP...as signified by his position on my shadow list.

Shit, shit, and shit again!

The dead can't sue - so it's open season if there genuinely is anything remotely fishy. In amongst all the Saville stuff are probably things that may well not stand up in court (rightly or wrongly) but there's no person (or inclination) to prove otherwise now.

In other news, former senator Wendell Ford has died aged 90. Four DDP-ers awaiting the qualifying obit.

Any longtime US Senator is going to get something in Reuters UK, so one was never in doubt: http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/01/22/us-usa-kentucky-ford-death-idUKKBN0KV27J20150122

Already on my third hit, much better pace than last year...

• Like 1

The dead can't sue - so it's open season if there genuinely is anything remotely fishy. In amongst all the Saville stuff are probably things that may well not stand up in court (rightly or wrongly) but there's no person (or inclination) to prove otherwise now.

The television news reports were all fairly open about unanswered questions where Sir Leon was concerned, and that's on the day his death was announced. They may be even less respectful tomorrow.

• Like 1

The television news reports were all fairly open about unanswered questions where Sir Leon was concerned, and that's on the day his death was announced. They may be even less respectful tomorrow.

To be fair, the good old Daily Mail managed to sneak a few digs at useless lefties and the like into their coverage (which suggested a witch hunt against poor old Leon).

To be fair, the good old Daily Mail managed to sneak a few digs at useless lefties and the like into their coverage (which suggested a witch hunt against poor old Leon).

To be fair Mary, well, er, he did LOOK a bit like, ya know.

Didn't he?

In other news, former senator Wendell Ford has died aged 90. Four DDP-ers awaiting the qualifying obit.

Any longtime US Senator is going to get something in Reuters UK, so one was never in doubt: http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/01/22/us-usa-kentucky-ford-death-idUKKBN0KV27J20150122

Already on my third hit, much better pace than last year...

Well done, mate. He was nowhere on my radar. January been pretty decent to me as well. Keep it up, er.... I mean, sorry to hear of your loss.

SC

And from Obscuro-land...

In occupied Kashmir, the General Sectary of Jammu and Kashmir Peoples League (JKPL), Ghulam Qadir Rah has been hospitalised for last one weak as he is suffering from a viral disease.

A personal miss. There weren't any bad news about him. He was "just" old. Another former german president, Walter Scheel, is even older and has dementia, but still lives. Von Weizsäcker always looked very statesman like to me, very sturdy. He was a very public voice until not so long ago.

A list of Lords from The Lord of Lists

The following 20 peers are the oldest of those who have been given extended leave of absence from their duties in the Lords. It is possible that such leave is granted for other reasons such as holding a UN or EU political appointed post but considering the youngest of these will be 87 this year I imagine most of them are ill or frail, and remember there are many older people than this still active in the Upper House.

• Michael Sandberg (b.1927)
  • John (J D) Sainsbury (b.1927)
  • Gwilym prys Prys-Davies (b.1923)
  • Jim Prior (b.1927)
  • Beryl Platt (b.1923)
  • Olive Nicol (b.1923)
  • James Molyneaux (b.1920)
  • Roy Mason (b.1924)
  • George Mackie (b.1919)
  • Betty Lockwood (b.1924)
  • Philip Knights (b.1920)
  • William Griffiths (b.1923)
  • Robert Goff (b.1926)
  • Robert Lindsay (b.1927)
  • Alun Gwynne-Jones (b.1919)
  • Asa Briggs (b.1921)
  • Thomas Bridges (b.1927)
  • Derek Barber (b.1918)
  • Ian Paisley (b.1926)
  • Richard Attenborough (b.1923)
There should be an obit for any of these.

Third hit from this list from last August with Beryl Platt dying.

Guest Guest

The following 20 peers are the oldest of those who have been given extended leave of absence from their duties in the Lords. It is possible that such leave is granted for other reasons such as holding a UN or EU political appointed post but considering the youngest of these will be 87 this year I imagine most of them are ill or frail, and remember there are many older people than this still active in the Upper House.

• Jim Prior (b.1927)
  • Beryl Platt (b.1923)
  • Olive Nicol (b.1923)
  • Roy Mason (b.1924)
  • George Mackie (b.1919)
  • Robert Goff (b.1926)
  • Asa Briggs (b.1921)
  • Derek Barber (b.1918)
  • Ian Paisley (b.1926)

you missed out Philip Knights who died in December. you must keep up ! :smileyd:

A report by the imperialist Yankee wankers? :D :D

Aye, jog on.

• Jim Prior (b.1927)
  • Beryl Platt (b.1923)
  • Olive Nicol (b.1923)
  • Roy Mason (b.1924)
  • George Mackie (b.1919)
  • Robert Goff (b.1926)
  • Asa Briggs (b.1921)
  • Derek Barber (b.1918)
  • Ian Paisley (b.1926)

you missed out Philip Knights who died in December. you must keep up ! :smileyd:

Thank you - whoever you are. I struggle to pay attention during the festive season.

You are looking for the politicak frailty thread in the Deathlist forum Sir Creep.

http://m.heraldstandard.com/united_states_ap/gop-rep-nunnelee-of-miss-dies-after-brain-cancer-stroke/article_22a23d8f-1e8f-5499-9c0b-93fe67d4d711.html?mode=jqm

There you go Deathray. Nunnelee is deceased. If you think I'm going to post when some politician is ILL in one forum and his OBIT in another, well you can surely piss off.

Sir Creep

You are looking for the politicak frailty thread in the Deathlist forum Sir Creep.

http://m.heraldstandard.com/united_states_ap/gop-rep-nunnelee-of-miss-dies-after-brain-cancer-stroke/article_22a23d8f-1e8f-5499-9c0b-93fe67d4d711.html?mode=jqm

There you go Deathray. Nunnelee is deceased. If you think I'm going to post when some politician is ILL in one forum and his OBIT in another, well you can surely piss off.

Sir Creep

gcreptile beat you to it.

http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8444&page=8#entry219918

• Like 1

Sir Creep

This is the thread I was on about, and the thread you were on about - since that merger.

Dead peers are like no 9 buses. None for ages then they all come along at once.Lord Gavron dead at 84 http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/feb/07/lord-gavron-dies-84-labour-peer-chair-guardian-media-group

I'm impressed...

It is understood that Gavron, who used his wealth to support both the Labourparty and the IPPR thinktank, suffered a cardiac arrest at home after playing tennis on Saturday lunchtime.