Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

Carlos Romero, former El Salvador president, was removed from the list of the oldest living state leaders as there is no evidence to think he's still alive.

Carlos Romero, former El Salvador president, was removed from the list of the oldest living state leaders as there is no evidence to think he's still alive.

Per Wiki standards I guess, though I'd be very surprised if he had actually died in the meantime and it had gone unnoticed. He was President for 2 years. Probably just living a quiet retirement.

Per Wiki standards I guess, though I'd be very surprised if he had actually died in the meantime and it had gone unnoticed. He was President for 2 years. Probably just living a quiet retirement.

Well, they are amazing at finding sources about old and forgotten leaders. He was the only one who completely disappeared after the 1980s, when he was exiled in Texas.

According to John Mann MP some of the MP`s who voted in last nights vote are "so sick they have not been able to carry on their work as Mp`s" stating they are "very very ill".Wonder who he means.

Can`t get youtube link but here is the title:John Mann wants Jeremy Corbyn action on Diane Abbott over Article50 vote (02Feb17)

I found this curious too, because at first I thought he was just referring to Gerald Kaufman. But then when I checked, Gerald Kaufman didn't actually vote - which in itself I think means he's really near the end as MPs have been taken out of hospital and on life support machines to vote when it's so important. In which case it seems there are some new deathly figures haunting the Labour benches and I don't just mean the ghost of Lenin whispering in Corbyn's ear.

Did Grahame Morris or Ronnie Campbell vote?

Nick Boles didn't vote as at the hospital.

Where does Grahame Morris have cancer of?

I think he's lymphatic cancer which is a tricky one to call due to many types.

Clive Bossom has made it to 99! (barring any late death notices).... :birthday:

• Like 1

According to John Mann MP some of the MP`s who voted in last nights vote are "so sick they have not been able to carry on their work as Mp`s" stating they are "very very ill".Wonder who he means.

Can`t get youtube link but here is the title:John Mann wants Jeremy Corbyn action on Diane Abbott over Article50 vote (02Feb17)

I found this curious too, because at first I thought he was just referring to Gerald Kaufman. But then when I checked, Gerald Kaufman didn't actually vote - which in itself I think means he's really near the end as MPs have been taken out of hospital and on life support machines to vote when it's so important. In which case it seems there are some new deathly figures haunting the Labour benches and I don't just mean the ghost of Lenin whispering in Corbyn's ear.

The practice of wheeling MPs in on life-support machines ended decades ago, and the parliamentary convention of having someone on the opposing side abstaining with you (so the vote reflected the vote if everybody attended) was brought in.

The practice of wheeling MPs in on life-support machines ended decades ago, and the parliamentary convention of having someone on the opposing side abstaining with you (so the vote reflected the vote if everybody attended) was brought in.

Correct - however pairing only applies to 1 or 2 line whips. This was a 3 line whip and therefore didn't apply.

• Like 2

His birthday is feb 29 so technically he's only 23 years old !

• Like 2

His birthday is feb 29 so technically he's only 23 years old !

Michele Morgan was only 24 when she died. A premature loss.

Correct - however pairing only applies to 1 or 2 line whips. This was a 3 line whip and therefore didn't apply.

Apparently Ronnie Campbell opened a door for Diane Abbott shortly before the vote and said she looked fine.Awkward

Having suffered from migraines before, in public you try not to let it show. Just get the hell home. It's not like it's visible. "That person doesn't have mental health issues, looks fine to me" may be an extreme example.

That said, I wouldn't trust what any Labour MP says about another Labour MP these days. McDonnell is coming across as possibly the only sane person who wants to get on with the job. Whether that's the right job of course....

Having suffered from migraines before, in public you try not to let it show. Just get the hell home. It's not like it's visible. "That person doesn't have mental health issues, looks fine to me" may be an extreme example.

That said, I wouldn't trust what any Labour MP says about another Labour MP these days. McDonnell is coming across as possibly the only sane person who wants to get on with the job. Whether that's the right job of course....

I think you could battle through most migraine conditions to cast a once-in-a-lifetime vote if you needed to.

If a cancer ridden MP who can't even do constituency work can get there, Diane Abbot with a migraine could make it.

• Like 1

I think you could battle through most migraine conditions to cast a once-in-a-lifetime vote if you needed to.

If a cancer ridden MP who can't even do constituency work can get there, Diane Abbot with a migraine could make it.

Agreed. I don't know what game she's playing but there's enough gossip to convince me she was around and capable of going through a voting lobby to confirm her name. As a front bencher, she would not miss a vote of that importance. She's on manoeuvres of some sort. Time will tell.

Normally I would give someone the benefit of the doubt.Migraines can be bloody awful.Diane Abbott is not someone who I would trust as far as I can throw though.

Alvin “Al” James Baldus, a distinguished veteran and public servant for the State of Wisconsin, passed away in Menomonie surrounded by his family on Thursday, 02 February 2017, at the age of 90. In 1975, Wisconsin's Third Congressional District sent Al to the U.S. House of Representatives in Washington DC. A three-term Congressman, Al served the people of Wisconsin in the 94th, 95th, and 96th Congresses.

​SC

Alvin “Al” James Baldus, a distinguished veteran and public servant for the State of Wisconsin, passed away in Menomonie surrounded by his family on Thursday, 02 February 2017, at the age of 90. In 1975, Wisconsin's Third Congressional District sent Al to the U.S. House of Representatives in Washington DC. A three-term Congressman, Al served the people of Wisconsin in the 94th, 95th, and 96th Congresses.

​SC

Watch ten posts above yours...

• Like 1

Normally I would give someone the benefit of the doubt.Migraines can be bloody awful.Diane Abbott is not someone who I would trust as far as I can throw though.

You're right. According to eyespymp on twitter she was experiencing the taste of the islands late on Tuesday night.

• Like 1

Smail Hamdani, Prime Minister of Algeria for a short period from 1998-1999, has died at age 86. I couldn't find an English obit despite him being an ex-head of government, which I'm chalking up to the fact that he held the PM position for only a few days over a year.

Nick Boles has left hospital to vote in parliament.

Nick Boles has left hospital to vote in parliament.

Ran over Dianne Abbott on the way in no doubt.

Can't find a way to post the photo but Nick Boles isn't looking his level best today as he leave hospital to go vote. Check out his Twitter/Facebook page.

Doesn't look too bad 3ecb99d682f0554f6185dca752591f95f78262de

True but he doesn`t look to good either but that could well just be the chemo.