Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

14 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

As an American observing the election, why do they call her interviews "car crashes" ? I know that they were messy, but car crash is such a unique adjective.

As in something that's painful to watch but oddly compelling 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

It's the Express. I don't need to read it. Diane Abbott could be lying dead in her bed and the Express would call it a hoax.

This is just cringey.Could be Home Secretary in 3 days.:0

35 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

This is just cringey.Could be Home Secretary in 3 days.:0

11 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Not necessarily. I think Corbyn will dump or demote her after the election whether they win or lose .Even Corbyn realises what a liability she is !

• Like 1

Wont be, because Tories will win a landslide.

In the impossible likelihood Corbyn won, she'd be replaced by any number of folk coming in from the cold.

7 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

Not necessarily. I think Corbyn will dump or demote her after the election whether they win or lose .Even Corbyn realises what a liability she is !

The illness issue makes this more palatable. It looks like he is taking her situation into account. 

5 minutes ago, manuel said:

Long term condition being an inability to do her job = stress and depression

The hoax email sequence mentions her diabetes.  Given recent performance and link with Type II and Alzheimer's - I retract my Parkinson's and guess she might have early onset Alzheimer's - she's of an age where that can kick in with the Dreaded D.

Just now, Youwanticewiththat said:

The hoax email sequence mentions her diabetes.  Given recent performance and link with Type II and Alzheimer's - I retract my Parkinson's and guess she might have early onset Alzheimer's - she's of an age where that can kick in with the Dreaded D.

Don't mention this to any By-Election Bingo players. I might get a unique.

• Like 2

Doesn't dementia traditionally strike at a much earlier age for people with West Indian heritage? 

18985422_1499667360084243_52911324_n.png?oh=4f8a4bf3b2adbca2228f9c844426ebaa&oe=5939FDB4

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

18985422_1499667360084243_52911324_n.png?oh=4f8a4bf3b2adbca2228f9c844426ebaa&oe=5939FDB4

WTF is Type 36 Diabetes? :huh:

Just now, Joey Russ said:

WTF is Type 36 Diabetes? :huh:

It's a piss take.

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎08‎/‎2014 at 13:31, Bibliogryphon said:

A list of Lords from The Lord of Lists

The following 20 peers are the oldest of those who have been given extended leave of absence from their duties in the Lords. It is possible that such leave is granted for other reasons such as holding a UN or EU political appointed post but considering the youngest of these will be 87 this year I imagine most of them are ill or frail, and remember there are many older people than this still active in the Upper House.

1. Michael Sandberg (b.1927)
  2. John (J D) Sainsbury (b.1927)
  3. Gwilym prys Prys-Davies (b.1923)
  4. Jim Prior (b.1927)
  5. Beryl Platt (b.1923)
  6. Olive Nicol (b.1923)
  7. James Molyneaux (b.1920)
  8. Roy Mason (b.1924)
  9. George Mackie (b.1919)
  10. Betty Lockwood (b.1924)
  11. Philip Knights (b.1920)
  12. William Griffiths (b.1923)
  13. Robert Goff (b.1926)
  14. Robert Lindsay (b.1927)
  15. Alun Gwynne-Jones (b.1919)
  16. Asa Briggs (b.1921)
  17. Thomas Bridges (b.1927)
  18. Derek Barber (b.1918)
  19. Ian Paisley (b.1926)
  20. Richard Attenborough (b.1923)

There should be an obit for any of these.

Thomas Bridges died last week apparantely so not many left alive from that list http://announcements.telegraph.co.uk/deaths/214549/bridges

17 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

I am praying for her

#PrayforDiane

Not a fan of hers, but perhaps steady up on the piss taking till we know its just her being Diane Abbott and not, like, full on dementia or what not?

10 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Thomas Bridges died last week apparantely so not many left alive from that list http://announcements.telegraph.co.uk/deaths/214549/bridges

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Lords_Reform_Act_2014

A list of peers retired under House of Lords Reform Act 2014.Some DL worthy names on there like

Douglas Hurd (b 1930) Former Home and Foreign Secretary and Tory Leadership contender in 1990.

Shirley Williams( b 1930) Education Secretary under Wilson and Callaghan and a founding member of the SDP.

Roy Hattersley (b 1932) Deputy Leader of the Labour Party under Neil Kinnock.

Mary Warnock (b 1924) Well-known philosopher and euthanasia advocate

Jill Knight (b 1923) MP for 31 years and co-introduced the controversial Section 28.Chaired the 1922 Committee also.

Gus MacDonald (b 1940) Cabinet Minister under Tony Blair

Michael Ashcroft (b 1946) Billionaire funder to the Conservative Party who fell out with David Cameron and helped produce a book claiming Cameron shagged a pig.Also runs his own polling comapny. 

• Like 1

Just imagine one of our US pals, not aware of UK politics, stumbling across that last description for Ashcroft! :lol:#

He has bouts of lousy health and a crippling allergic reaction to tax.

• Like 2

Yeah he had kidney failure a while back.Not great.He will always be best known for the co -architect of Pig gate.

50 minutes ago, msc said:

Not a fan of hers, but perhaps steady up on the piss taking till we know its just her being Diane Abbott and not, like, full on dementia or what not?

I really doubt it is.She has been showing displays of incredible stupidity and spoke at an incredibly slow rate for many years so I think this is just a cover to save face.It only seems she is getting worse but she has had greater media exposure in the last year so it just seems like it.She argued that Chairman Mao did more good than harm in 2010 and I remember when Nelson Mandela died she was on national TV saying we mustn`t forget how wonderful Winnie had been for South Africa.

Aye, maybe so, but I remember a few years back folk were mocking right winger Bob Novak for "not seeing a pedestrian" - only it turned out he didnt see him because he had fatal brain cancer.