Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

2 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

"Committed suicide" funny how many people who cross the Clintons die that way.

Well, that guy was doing opposition research on the Clintons for decades. A bit late for them to get rid of him now...

On the other hand, he gave an interview about his role in the Trump campaign 10 days before his death.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Those Clinton Deathlists remind me of the guy who wrote that book on the Kennedy assassination. Apparently it was the CIA, and they bumped off a 100 people, including Mafia dons and politicians, to keep the secret. This book came out in the 70s, and the guy is still alive. Spot the logical fail! :P I've forgotten his name, Maryport might remember it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

I have to concur with gcreptile on this – Clinton lost the election, she is probably too old and too unpopular (even with the Democrats) to be renominated, so she could not win much by getting him out of the way.

Trump, on the other hand, would certainly have had incentives to prevent his "RussiaGate" from escalating further and his stupid aides from (mostly involuntarily) testifying against him.

I think, there's already enough "material" on Trump and his staff so that Paul Ryan and the Republican establishment could successfully impeach him if they had the political will. But what they need to carefully consider is whether such a move would damage the GOP itself and question their legitimacy as well and whether they'd rather have Pence as president.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GossipGabe said:

I have to concur with gcreptile on this – Clinton lost the election, she is probably too old and too unpopular (even with the Democrats) to be renominated, so she could not win much by getting him out of the way.

Trump, on the other hand, would certainly have had incentives to prevent his "RussiaGate" from escalating further and his stupid aides from (mostly involuntarily) testifying against him.

I think, there's already enough "material" on Trump and his staff so that Paul Ryan and the Republican establishment could successfully impeach him if they had the political will. But what they need to carefully consider is whether such a move would damage the GOP itself and question their legitimacy as well and whether they'd rather have Pence as president.

I personally hope Trump stays. Pence will silently destroy the country, contrary to the day by day scandals and disorganization of the Trump administration.

As for Clinton, She could very well run again...

17 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

I personally hope Trump stays. Pence will silently destroy the country, contrary to the day by day scandals and disorganization of the Trump administration.

Clinton is like herpes just keeps coming back.

• Like 1

That article is a whole bunch of bollocks, tbf.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, msc said:

That article is a whole bunch of bollocks, tbf.

I cherry picked one out of the many allegations that Hillary is preparing another run. I doubt and pray that she won't (I support Oprah Winfrey or John Bel Edwards).

4 hours ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Senator and 2008 Republican Nominee, John McCain, is recovering following a surgery to remove a blood clot from above his eye.

He turns 82 next year, has battled cancer, and has definitely had his fair share of health scares recently. Wouldn't be a bad pick.

Not so sure, he has good genes as his Mother is still going at 105. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

Not so sure, he has good genes as his Mother is still going at 105. 

That is true. But John McCain has the stress of being a GOP senator and has a lengthy health history. He's lost lots of weight recently as well. 

2008 vs 2017

IMG_0250.JPG

IMG_0251.JPG

His Dad died at 82.

On 14.7.2017 at 22:46, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Agreed. Same goes for Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell. At least Trump is providing plenty of entertainment.

John McCain's ailment may be more serious than previously thought, so that it now has the potential to kill off the Obamacare repeal for good:

https://politicalwire.com/2017/07/16/mccains-surgery-may-serious-thought/

https://politicalwire.com/2017/07/17/mccain-absence-kill-health-care-bill/#disqus_thread

• Like 2

His healths always been a bit shaky. Doesn't he have non-malignant skin cancer and other stuff?

28 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

John McCain's ailment may be more serious than previously thought, so that it now has the potential to kill off the Obamacare repeal for good:

https://politicalwire.com/2017/07/17/mccain-absence-kill-health-care-bill/#disqus_thread

Knowing the republicans, they'll probably try to push on anyways...

57 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Until they try again..... These vultures never give up.

Personally, I'm liberal minded but McCain is one of the lesser evils in the GOP. I think he is still a man of honor unlike turtleface (McConnell), babyface Ryan) and punchable face (Cruz) and everyone who is only there to line their pockets. McCain personally does not believe Trump's wealthcare bill will go trough.

• Like 1

Reports have it that Senators Susan Collins, Rand Paul, Jerry Moran, and Mike Lee are opposing it. Regardless of McCain's vote, it has already failed.

The last 3 of those 4 names I mentioned want the bill to be more extreme than it already is :D

They never learn do they???

They will try again in September, after the August recess.

And they will fail again. As they always do...

Damn you Republicans. Damn you...

Just saw Geoffrey Robinson speaking at PMQ's.Looks ok but sounds frail.

• Like 1

Pat McFadden looks gaunt and sick too.

8 hours ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Pat McFadden looks gaunt and sick too.

And as for the Conservative party?

• Like 1

On 18.5.2016 at 21:43, gcreptile said:

Dennis Hastert, who is now sort-of convicted of molesting boys, is in declining health and "suffered a catastrophic illness":

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-hastert-prison-20160427-story.html

I think I wrote about him in the Suicidal celebs thread before, and he had a stroke a couple of months ago. But I'm too shy to create a thread for him.

Booking photo of Dennis Hastert after 13 months of prison:

http://wgntv.com/2017/07/19/wgn-obtains-booking-photo-of-former-house-speaker-dennis-hastert/

Must have lost half of his weight...