12)Tun Tin (1920), Prime Minister of Burma

13)Le Duc Anh (1920), President of Vietnam

14)Jean of Luxembourg (1921), Grand Duke

15)Mustafa ben Halim (1921), Prime Minister of Lybia

16)Abdelmalek Benhabyles (1921), President of Algeria

17)Francisco Morales Bermudez (1921), President of Perù

18)Michael I of Romania (1921), King

19)Luis Echeverria (1922), President of Mexico

20)Milos Jakes (1922), General Secretary of the Communist Party of Czechoslovakia

Who's next? I say Luis Echeverria.

Javier Perez de whathisface.

Cosgrave!

Tinsulanonda.

Hyun Soong-jong for not-so-subtle reasons.

Anton Vratusa R.I.P

Are we all absolutely sure Babiker Awadallah is still alive? Some sites persist in saying he died last September. Is there concrete evidence he's still alive?I'm assuming he's dead u nless proved otherwise!

On 31/7/2017 at 02:00, CoffinLodger said:

Anton Vratusa R.I.P

Are we all absolutely sure Babiker Awadallah is still alive? Some sites persist in saying he died last September. Is there concrete evidence he's still alive?I'm assuming he's dead u nless proved otherwise!

This article of June th 4th says he is in good health and lives in Dublin; he took part to a conference about his political role in Sudan via streaming on May the 23rd, so it seems he is very much alive.

The obituary was probably written when he left Egypt to move to Dublin. Anyway, he seems to be pretty respected figure in his country, so he should get obits when he really goes.

Harold Williams, Chairman of the SEC under the Carter Administration, and later the founding president of the J. Paul Getty Trust that oversaw the construction of the Getty Center on the campus of UCLA, dead at 89.
SC

Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny reckons he's got a fifty percent chance of being killed for daring to speak out against Vladimir Putin.   Navalny is only 44 and, with an unnatural death bonus on offer as well, he could potentially be a good DDP pick. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny reckons he's got a fifty percent chance of being killed for daring to speak out against Vladimir Putin.   Navalny is only 44 and, with an unnatural death bonus on offer as well, he could potentially be a good DDP pick. 

He should look on the bright side - better odds than pancreatic cancer!

11 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

After what happened with Al-Baghdadi, I don't want to try another unnatural death bonus tbh...

1 minute ago, Joey Russ said:

After what happened with Al-Baghdadi, I don't want to try another unnatural death bonus tbh...

I always go for an unnatural death bonus....but haven't had one since 2006, which possibly makes the case for me giving up trying :huh:

Nevertheless, I think deadpooling is more fun when you take risks.  I can only speak for myself, but getting points for Al-Baghdadi would give me more of a warm glow inside than getting the equivalent amount of points for some hapless housewife from Hemel Hempstead with liver cancer and a bucket list which made the Daily Mail.    

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

I always go for an unnatural death bonus....but haven't had one since 2006, which possibly makes the case for me giving up trying :huh:

Nevertheless, I think deadpooling is more fun when you take risks.  I can only speak for myself, but getting points for Al-Baghdadi would give me more of a warm glow inside than getting the equivalent amount of points for some hapless housewife from Hemel Hempstead with liver cancer and a bucket list which made the Daily Mail.    

I get what your saying in that sense, trying to limit the amount of FFBI with other wild picks does make it more fun. However, at least in the case of Al-Baghdadi, there were so many twists and turns to the point of Trump accusing the New York Times of preventing Baghdadi's death (yes, that article exists, look it up) kind of drained my excitement for that type of death. 

Next year, I will probably limit the amount of FFBI on my teams (assuming that Spade doesn't ban them) to about one or two so it can be a lot more in line with the original intention of celebrity dead pool, picking people with at least fame level that is outside of their illness, and I think that make it a lot more exciting for my team next year. I have at least two people who I consider very risky obits but are young enough (and have some sort of fame level outside of illness) and interesting enough for me to punt on them. But probably no unnatural points next year...

Nawalny is now the earliest entry on my longlist still living. No. 7 or something like that. 

3 hours ago, Thatcher said:

Kevin McNamara MP for Hull North (1966-2005) and Shadow Secretary of State for Northern Ireland (1987-1994), has died aged 82.

Edit: ITV, BBC, Guardian, The Sun obituaries.

IT'S SCARY HOW QUICKLY HE WENT- no pain or symptoms but diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and dead within days. John  Mccain take note !

14 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

IT'S SCARY HOW QUICKLY HE WENT- no pain or symptoms but diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and dead within days. John  Mccain take note !

Pancreatic cancer and glioblastoma are two seperate cancers, not the same. 

Why Asian and Africa politician never die? That's a bit unfair!

• Like 1