Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

Sir Brian Barder, British Ambassador to Ethiopia (1982-1986), Poland (1986-1988) and British High Commissioner to Nigeria (1988-1991) and Australia (1991-1994), has died aged 83. After his career as a diplomat, he worked as an author and blogger, including pieces for The Times and The Guardian

Edit: The Guardian obituary.

Joseph M. McDade, an 18-term Republican congressman who was known for bringing federal dollars home to his northeastern Pennsylvania district and who was acquitted in 1996 on a bribery charge, has died. He was 85.
SC

Edit: Sorry Thatcher didn't see the post.  Surprising the DM had an obit.  Scandal produces obits I guess.

Just now, Sir Creep said:

Joseph M. McDade, an 18-term Republican congressman who was known for bringing federal dollars home to his northeastern Pennsylvania district and who was acquitted in 1996 on a bribery charge, has died. He was 85.
SC

:clivedunn:

On 16.8.2017 at 22:22, gcreptile said:

Deathlist Cup disappointment, and Tamil leader Karunanidhi, predecessor of QO-receiving Jayalalithaa, hospitalised for a change of PEG tube:

http://www.firstpost.com/india/dmk-chief-karunanidhi-hospitalised-in-chennai-likely-to-be-discharged-today-3935621.html

I didn't even know he had one. Always in danger of getting infections.

Karunanidhi not dead, the picture proves it:

https://www.thequint.com/news/india/dmk-rubbishes-karunanidhi-death-rumour

Looks to be somewhere inbetween Dilip Kumar and Sri Sri Sri Shiva Shivadanasahani

On 23.8.2017 at 02:47, Joey Russ said:

Former Pakistanian First Lady Kulsoom Nawaz has been diagnosed with throat cancer. Opting for chemo instead of surgery even though it was caught pretty early on might be a bad call on her part tbh...

Hospitalized and her health destabilizing:

http://dailytimes.com.pk/pakistan/28-Sep-17/kulsoom-nawaz-hospitalised-again-maryam

John Swinburne, founder of the Scottish Senior Citizens Unity Party, has died aged 87. He was the sole elected representative of the party, sitting in the Scottish Parliament representing Central Scotland from 2003 to 2007. Additionally, he was previously a Director at Motherwell FC. 

From Sept 18:
Indonesia's House of Representatives Speaker Setya Novanto, will have to skip another questioning session at the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) as he has to undergo a medical check-up due to a deteriorating health condition.  Golkar politician Nurul Arifin confirmed that Setya would undergo an examination for his heart at the Premier Hospital in Jatinegara, Jakarta.  "He is still suffering from vertigo. Previously, doctors also found plaque building up in his heart," Nurul said.

(We know the drill -- this sounds like a convenient heart ailment on a day he's supposed to be questioned for corruption of office.  But still....).
SC

Yes, he died in Berlin. German media is reporting it as well.

And another European state leader goes, leaving Manolic as the only one of the ten oldest living. I am still waiting for a fucking Asian leader (Muoi, Kim Yong-ju, Anh, Hau Pei tsun, etc) or Awadalla to croak. I will update the list as soon as I can.

Liam cena.gif

Manolic was older than Liam, wiki wrong again....

Huge miss for the committee. Always wonder why they consistantly abstain from adding him, he's much better than at least 15-20 of the picks on this year's list!

3 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Huge miss for the committee. Always wonder why they consistantly abstain from adding him, he's much better than at least 15-20 of the picks on this year's list!

Was he really talked about a lot last year though? I mean, I know he was recently, but I don't remember his name coming up much, if at all, last year...

16 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Was he really talked about a lot last year though? I mean, I know he was recently, but I don't remember his name coming up much, if at all, last year...

Doesn't take down the fact that he was definitely famous enough and old enough for the deathlist. no reason not to have him.

25 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

The 'committee' would not give one fuck or even 27 fucks.

14 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Doesn't take down the fact that he was definitely famous enough and old enough for the deathlist. no reason not to have him.

Doesn't really count as a miss if they weren't talked a lot imo. 

• Like 2