Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

Former GOP staffer and intern Nick Corvino, dead at 30.

Shot in his sleep 13 times.

Unlucky for some.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/gop-staffer-fatally-shot-13-times-sleep-article-1.3561552

5 hours ago, charon said:

Former GOP staffer and intern Nick Corvino, dead at 30.

Shot in his sleep 13 times.

Unlucky for some.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/gop-staffer-fatally-shot-13-times-sleep-article-1.3561552

Can see why they stopped.  Shooting a sleeping man FOURTEEN times, well......that's a bit much.

I 'think' it was his boyfriend so maybe Love Conquers Fourteenth.

Rumor has it that Newt Gingrich had a stroke while typing this tweet.

IMG_6882.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

No kidding. I mean, suggesting Trump has a deep grasp of the issues?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

No kidding. I mean, suggesting Trump has a deep grasp of the issues?

Remember Gingrich hung on in the 2012 race longer than credible, talking up his "first 100 days in Office". He lives in a different reality...

Oh, what a sha... Nah. 

I wouldn't make an entire new post for this even as a joke, but this is serious as I can't figure it out no matter how many times I squint at it: what the fuck is he meaning by "stgroing"? Did he typo groin or going?

12 minutes ago, FixedBusiness said:

I wouldn't make an entire new post for this even as a joke, but this is serious as I can't figure it out no matter how many times I squint at it: what the fuck is he meaning by "stgroing"? Did he typo groin or going?

I suspect he meant 'strong'

• Like 2

On 22.9.2017 at 16:24, drol said:

Ah, how long do I have to wait to come on this thread and see an African/Asian prime minister/president has died? For example I'd like to see:

Do Muoi (1917)

Babiker Awadalla (1917)

Kim Yong-ju (1920)

Prem Tinsulanonda (1920)

Thanin Kraivichien (1926)

Tun Tin (1920)

Nuon Chea (1926)

Kenneth Kaunda (1924)

Dawda Jawara (1924)

Daniel Arap Moi (1924)

Girma Wolde-Giorgis (1924)

Robert Mugabe (1924)

Jiang Zemin (1926)

Li Peng (1928)

Zhu Rongji (1928)

Tulsi Giri (1926)

Mohammed Karim Lamrani (1919)

Mustafa ben Halim (1921)

Hyun Soong-Jong (1919)

Hau Pei-tsun (1919)

Sibghatullah Mojaddedi (1925)

And I could go on. They'll probably be still alive, all of them, in September 2018, or maybe one of them dead, not more. What is their secret?

Singhatullah Mojaddedi died last year. Thanks for the list, by the way. Had a round on Twitter with it. I couldn't find much on Do Muoi and Tun Tin. That Girma Wolde-Giorgis guy looks like a candidate. Wheelchair bound and overweight.

Wolde-Girogis kinda reminds me of a black Wilford Brimley.

V80Mfyv.jpgN4GeREf.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Helen DeVos, political financier, and mother-in-law of Education Sec. Betsy DeVos dies at 90.

Husband Rich is alive at 91 and certainly more obitable.

On 17.10.2017 at 13:37, gcreptile said:

Mississippi Senator Thad Cochran not returning to Washington because the infection returned:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-16/gop-sen-thad-cochran-grappling-with-illness

"Frail and disoriented":

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/18/thad-cochran-says-not-retiring-senate-243918

I think he's one of the Congress members having Alzheimer's the pharmacist told of.

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

"Frail and disoriented":

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/18/thad-cochran-says-not-retiring-senate-243918

I think he's one of the Congress members having Alzheimer's the pharmacist told of.

I remain continually surprised we don't see something similar for a couple more of the Senate members, given there's like 5 of them (or something similar) that are 80+

5 hours ago, RishCast said:

I remain continually surprised we don't see something similar for a couple more of the Senate members, given there's like 5 of them (or something similar) that are 80+

Because most people 80+ are frail and disoriented.

Who'll go first? McCain or Cochran?

McCain is getting more frail by the day but he can easily go on a year from his initial diagnosis if he treats his illness right and rests, not constantly going on rants about "order" in the United States Senate (Personally I hope he continues though, his opposition to Trump and the establishment GOP establishment is much needed in an era of a republican trifecta in both houses of congress and the WH)

Meanwhile, Cochran's ailment seems urgent but if it is Alzheimer's, it may linger for quite a long time depending on when he was diagnosed.

I think McCain will go in May 2018 and that Cochran will go in September 2018.

There's also Mazie Hirono as well. She is currently battling stage four kidney cancer. I don't know if Hirono and Cochran are particularly deathlisty, but they did choose Strom Thurmond and Jesse Helms in the past, so...

8 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

There's also Mazie Hirono as well. She is currently battling stage four kidney cancer. I don't know if Hirono and Cochran are particularly deathlisty, but they did choose Strom Thurmond and Jesse Helms in the past, so...

To elaborate, they even put Elizabeth Edwards, the WIFE of a senator on the list.

I am not sure about Mazie. She seems pretty healthy in Committee and on the Senate Floor, or at least healthy enough to speak straight and make arguments on the floor. What will be an indication is if she actively campaigns for re-election to her Hawai'i senate race. If she doesn't, she should definitely be on the committee's radar.

I highly doubt 3 senators (McCain, Cochran, and Hirono) will be on the list, let alone 2. But they're certainly worth looking into for the DL and the DDP. 

Thurmond and Helms were prominent enough bigots that DL spots for them can be justified - always nice to have hits you won't be shedding any tears over!

2007 selectee Tim Johnson, only known to South Dakotans and US political junkies, was much more of a fluke pick IMO.

Hirono is likely on everyone's list but not the shortlist quite yet...so to speak.

18 hours ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

To elaborate, they even put Elizabeth Edwards, the WIFE of a senator on the list.

Can't imagine why.  I mean, she must have been no different than any other wife of a senator that was just like all the other senators.
SC

23 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Can't imagine why.  I mean, she must have been no different than any other wife of a senator that was just like all the other senators.
SC

Yes, because affairs never happen in Washington. She wasn't that special.

• Like 1