Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

Breaking News- the Welsh cabinet minister Carl Sargeant sacked over the sexgate allegations last week has committed suicide .Maybe the hysteria has to be toned down a bit...  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-41904161?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

It's one of two things. He's guilty of something really bad and doesn't want to be an MP in jail or he's innocent and the shame killed him. 

• Like 1

On 12/20/2016 at 14:51, DevonDeathTrip said:

Paul "Stabber" Watson, leader of Sunderland City Council, has bowel cancer which has spread to his lungs and liver.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/cancer-brexit-austerity-leader-sunderland-12336434

I'm not sure if he'd get the right obit, but he seems like an interesting character. His nickname originates from an incident in 1993, when he was charged with murdering a burglar.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/mr_david_talbots_murder

Stabber Watson has killed his last burglar.

2 hours ago, msc said:

Now I'd have thought the DDP pick for Watson would be this guy rather than some Canadian environmentalist...

4 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Now I'd have thought the DDP pick for Watson would be this guy rather than some Canadian environmentalist...

Hang on, isn't it? It's on a political theme team!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, msc said:

Was one of my very last cuts this year due to lack of obit chances.  Let's see how it goes.

SC

Well, I can't include him in the round-up unless TMIB confirms it was him...

6 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Well I'll be, he got a QO.

Well, my DDP-dar really sucked last Christmas.

Hmmm. The Theme Team of which this belongs does strongly suggest this "Stabber" Watson. The other Watson was chosen before hence there was an initial assumption that he was just being picked again. 

I could check the original email but for reasons that escape me, ALL of last year's emails were wiped out!

So one can't be 100% sure...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, themaninblack said:

Hmmm. The Theme Team of which this belongs does strongly suggest this "Stabber" Watson. The other Watson was chosen before hence there was an initial assumption that he was just being picked again. 

I could check the original email but for reasons that escape me, ALL of last year's emails were wiped out!

Well, he’s worth the same amount of points either way. It’s not like if you decide to go with this Paul Watson that he’ll be receiving more points because of it...

8 minutes ago, themaninblack said:

Well this just shows the perils of improperly marked DDP teams...

9 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Well, he’s worth the same amount of points either way. It’s not like if you decide to go with this Paul Watson that he’ll be receiving more points because of it...

Good point. And of course we don't have to worry about further confusion over a Paul Watson being picked for 2018 because one of them is dead!

So, my shortlist for next year should include Paul Watson the footballer, Paul Watson the other footballer, Paul Watson the other other footballer, Paul Watson the cyclist, Paul Watson the internet personality, Paul Watson the documentary maker...

Fuck, there's part way to the stupidest theme team ever!

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

I'm not sure what you're getting at? The dead Paul Watson got a qualifying obit, so certainly would get more points than the living one.

Not that I mind what TMIB decides either way. A cautionary tale to remember when picking generically-named people...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

I'm not sure what you're getting at? The dead Paul Watson got a qualifying obit, so certainly would get more points than the living one.

Not that I mind what TMIB decides either way. A cautionary tale to remember when picking generically-named people...

I was getting at the fact that the age range for both of them are the same, ie 60 - 69, so there wouldn’t be complaints that he may have gotten more points. Though that is a good point you made when talking about him. Well, we’ll have to wait and see what themaninblack decides to do in the next update or two (along with Les Mutrie...)

I'll stick him in parentheses in the round up, though if the team picking the person hasn't noticed by November that the entry in the DDP was wrong and taken steps to correct it, then they should probably live with the error. Imo.

• Like 1

On 22/9/2017 at 17:56, drol said:

Some more:

Abdelmalek Benhabyles (1921)

Lee Teng-hui (1923)

Yasuhiro Nakasone (1918)

Tomichi Murayama (1924)

Khamtai Siphandon (1924)

Mahatir Mohamed (1925)

Abderrahmane Youssoufi (1924)

Abdelsalam al-Majali (1925)

Ali Hassan Mwinyi (1925)