Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

Just now, Sean said:

Somehow I doubt it will be anything other than I am fucked.Judging by his comments they don`t know where the cancer started which is indicative it has spread substantially.

"I am fucked" is usually a handy message to deadpoolers, of course. :D

• Haha 1

If I ever become notable and get stage 4 cancer that will be my statement 3 words to the point unambiguous and reflects the severity (whilst also making everyone laugh nervously)

iirc when Iain Banks got told he had terminal cancer, his immediate response was "Well, bugger."

Sums it up better in 2 words than Brackers does in 20, 000.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, msc said:

iirc when Iain Banks got told he had terminal cancer, his immediate response was "Well, bugger."

Sums it up better in 2 words than Brackers does in 20, 000.

Brackers doesn`t sum it up at all that is the problem.The diagnosis speaks for itself though no matter how much pot she smokes.I would love to buy some off her.Must be good shit.

• Haha 1

Dan Johnson, member of the Kentucky House of Representatives, has died via suicide by gunshot. Two days before his suicide Johnson was accused of molesting his daughter's friend when she was 17, and the Kentucky Republican party had called for his resignation, which he refused to give. 

Guardian, CNN, Time, The Sun, BBC 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CastAway said:

Dan Johnson, member of the Kentucky House of Representatives, has died via suicide by gunshot. Two days before his suicide Johnson was accused of molesting his daughter's friend when she was 17, and the Kentucky Republican party had called for his resignation, which he refused to give. 

Guardian, CNN, Time, The Sun, BBC 

Sounds to me like he gave it.

11 hours ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Senate Republicans are worried about Sen. Thad Cochran's health.

Thad Cochran, as well as octogenarian pervert John Conyers, are two people I foolishly forgot to include in my US politics DDP theme team for next year. :banghead:

I'd highly recommend these two choices for the casual deadpooler (they obviously won't be picked by the contenders who prefer 30-year-olds with pancreatic cancer). Don't make the same mistake I did.

9 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Not a politician.

I'm going to keep saying this for every non-political person in the House of Lords until this stops..:banghead:

Although technically, once in the Lords and voting on bills, they become a politician by definition. Just not an elected one.

• Like 2

Just now, msc said:

Although technically, once in the Lords and voting on bills, they become a politician by definition. Just not an elected one.

Not really.

The legislative framework in this country is piss poor, I'll give you that. But this is a huge enough thread without cluttering it up with life and hereditary peers, judges, bishops, cross-benchers etc etc etc. Quirk was not a politician, far less a party political one sitting as a cross-bencher.

One of Sean's old favorites, who is definitely a politician!

Keith Vaz inquiry suspended due to Keith Vaz "medical reasons". According to a grumpy Tory, he's been claiming health issues for a while (though he last spoke in the House on December 11th, not that long ago).

Andrew Bridgen, the Conservative MP who complained to Hudson about Vaz, said that if he was unwell he should stand down from parliament.

“If more than 15 months later he is not fit to be held to the standards expected of a parliamentarian, then he’s not fit enough to be a parliamentarian and we should be expecting a byelection in Leicester East,” Bridgen wrote on Twitter.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, msc said:

One of Sean's old favorites, who is definitely a politician!

Keith Vaz inquiry suspended due to Keith Vaz "medical reasons". According to a grumpy Tory, he's been claiming health issues for a while (though he last spoke in the House on December 11th, not that long ago).

:clivedunn:

57 minutes ago, msc said:

msc is right 

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 20:29, The Dead Cow said:

Fujimori reportedly in intensive care after suffering a 'life-threatening heart complaint'.

Fujimori is now asking for his freedom. https://www.reuters.com/article/peru-politics-fujimori/imprisoned-alberto-fujimori-asks-peru-president-for-freedom-idUSL1N1OL198

Possibly a lock for 2018?

1 minute ago, CoffinLodger said:

msc is right 

You are both wrong.

'Nuff said...^_^

6 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

:clivedunn:

Blame the dementia, Pike.

3 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

msc is right 

Words rarely said!

• Haha 1

so who wants to guess what is wrong with vazeline?

On 16/12/2017 at 15:41, Phantom of the Midway said:

• Confused 1

Seems suspicious the investigation is suspended.

I think it might be serious.Seems odd it Is just suddenly suspended.Cancer?

12 minutes ago, Sean said:

I think it might be serious.Seems odd it Is just suddenly suspended.Cancer?

I suspect not.  Vaz has got form for becoming 'unwell' when the going gets tough.    

This is not the first time ill health has been raised when Vaz has been at the centre of high-profile allegations.

In 2001, poor health was cited when he stepped down as Europe minister while the then standards commissioner, Elizabeth Filkin, conducted an inquiry into his business interests.

Months later, the standards committee concluded Vaz had provided misleading information to Filkin’s inquiry and he was suspended from parliament for a month.

Vaz, who is diabetic, last spoke in the Commons chamber 10 days ago and was in the voting lobbies on Wednesday during a debate on Brexit laws. (Source

Also agree with @YoungWillz - a cross-bench life peer isn't a politician (except for perhaps the former Speakers of the Commons, who I think convention dictates have to continue to be seen as neutral when they are elevated to the Lords)  

• Like 1