Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

Akaka was the 7th oldest former senator, Melcher was the 6th oldest. If the pattern continues the 5th oldest, Bob Dole will be gone this time next week ! 

Le Duc Anh still critical in hospital, but Communist Party has strictly forbidden to publish any photo or update about him and rumours he is already dead are circulating in Vietnam.

Well shit.  There goes Sir Creep’s opening round sleeper DL Cup pick in February.

Bill Hargis, who doubled the size of Woodbury in his 17 years as mayor, died of cancer Tuesday night.  More than anyone else, Hargis was responsible for shaping the modern suburb that is among Minnesota’s 10 biggest cities, with a population of 69,000.  Hargis was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2008, then skin cancer in 2014. Hargis announced in January that he had advanced brain cancer.

SC

On 12/10/2016 at 17:31, gcreptile said:

Former Senator of North Carolina Kay Hagan in intensive care, no specifics given:

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/article120136098.html

Kay Hagan in hospital again, this time for pneumonia - http://www.wfmynews2.com/article/news/former-senator-kay-hagan-back-in-hospital/83-538727418

On 4/15/2018 at 05:03, Sir Creep said:

Well shit.  There goes Sir Creep’s opening round sleeper DL Cup pick in February.

Bill Hargis, who doubled the size of Woodbury in his 17 years as mayor, died of cancer Tuesday night.  More than anyone else, Hargis was responsible for shaping the modern suburb that is among Minnesota’s 10 biggest cities, with a population of 69,000.  Hargis was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2008, then skin cancer in 2014. Hargis announced in January that he had advanced brain cancer.

SC

Newbury, New York's Mayor since 2012, Judy Kennedy, has died after an apparently public battle with terminal illness. Sir Creep's intended sleeper DL Cup pick for May, am assuming.

• Haha 1

According to this report, Kulsoom Nawaz has been ‘critically ill’ and in hospital in Britain the past few days, former PM hubby visited.  Would be a unique DDP for moi.

SC

4 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

According to this report, Kulsoom Nawaz has been ‘critically ill’ and in hospital in Britain the past few days, former PM hubby visited.  Would be a unique DDP for moi.

SC

That'd be annoying, I dithered on her for far longer than was sensible before seemingly handing you the unique!

She's one of those where her being a unique surprised me. Throat cancer is one of the less fatal overall but I found her yo-yoing in and out of hospital suspicious... only for me to not back this up with a deadpool pick anywhere. :unsure:

4 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

She's one of those where her being a unique surprised me. Throat cancer is one of the less fatal overall but I found her yo-yoing in and out of hospital suspicious... only for me to not back this up with a deadpool pick anywhere. :unsure:

Same here. I was even the one who brought her illness to the forum too, making it more embarrassing for me not picking her anywhere... 

EDIT: Might've been her untrustworthy husband that made me turn away from her. 

Picked her in Death by Numbers at least!

FTR I had written her off early on as another in the long line of disappointing picks, but was searching something else nefarious and saw 'Nawaz' in the foreign headline.  Huh....let's see what it says...
I too was a bit stunned she was unique after the Big Reveal.  Of course all that said she's alive and kicking today.
SC

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 12:59, Joey Russ said:

For those of you thinking of a potential replacement for Van Der Laan, you might want to consider the mayor of Burbank, Will Rogers, to replace him.

Alas:

• Angry 1

msc....now THERE was my Mayor In Waiting.  RIP Will Rogers ye bastard.

He was on my 'not quite yet' list each of the last two months, as he was still attending meetings even late March.  He must have spiraled into the grave quickly this past week then.

Meh, I thought about including him on my Deathlist Cup squad last month, but thought he was doing too well...

I never met an obscure mayor with advanced cancer I didn't like.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

I never met an obscure mayor with advanced cancer I didn't like.

I've some University Presidents you may be interested in.

Just realized that he’ll probably get an LA Times obit, which is good for Windy City. Anyone considered him for their lineup? 

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

Just realized that he’ll probably get an LA Times obit, which is good for Windy City. Anyone considered him for their lineup? 

And here’s the LA Times obit I was expecting.

Just found me a new Mayor fwiw.  I think they have a few months yet but Hargis and Rogers each carked it after 2-3 months never know.

9 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Just found me a new Mayor fwiw.  I think they have a few months yet but Hargis and Rogers each carked it after 2-3 months never know.

Was it the guy gcreptile posted earlier this month by any chance? :D:D:D 

On 4/11/2018 at 12:03, gcreptile said:

No...I promise.  But like that one, neither looks like a May death. 

I find a bit strange for a 55 year old man who had an overall normal life to have an only desire in his life, which is a big headline like "Lê Đức Anh dead as a dead dog" or "Lê Đức Anh explodes in Hanoi hospital" or "Lê Đức Anh abducted by aliens". Fuck Lê Đức Anh, you are turning me into a sort of Gollum.

• Haha 1

Al Swift, an eight-term Democratic congressman from Washington state who helped modernize Pacific Northwest energy, has died in Alexandria, Virginia. He was 82.

Family members told Seattle Times that Swift had been diagnosed with a lung disease unrelated to smoking.

Kind of an odd thing to say, so I presume he WAS a smoker, and the family needs to feel better about itself today so let's say his lungs were diseased but not from the slow suicide he brought upon himself.
SC