Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

17 hours ago, Mercarte said:

Google Translate isn't being particularly friendly.  Does this article say, or do you know why he's having surgery?

Edit: OK looks like a blocked aorta maybe?  lol Only thing worse than my Italian is my English.

3 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Google Translate isn't being particularly friendly.  Does this article say, or do you know why he's having surgery?

Edit: OK looks like a blocked aorta maybe?  lol Only thing worse than my Italian is my English.

Partial resection of the aorta. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Fair play. You dish it but your self deprecation is a class act. Genuinely.

• Thanks 1

Risultati immagini per le duc anh do muoi  And they really thought we were gonna die someday!

• Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 09:19, CoffinLodger said:

This reminds me Yasuhiro Nakasone turns 100 at the end of May. He's not far off being the oldest living Japanese PM ever, if he makes it ! 

Thanks to Nakasone, Pointless answer today!

(Also got Grave of the Fireflies, ha!)

• Confused 1

Former Vietnamese Prime Minister and Secretary of Communist Party Do Muoi is currently hospitalized with former President Le Duc Anh, it seems they are sharing the room. They were visited today by the current Secretary of Communist Party.

I found suspicious Do Muoi was not at Phan van Khai's funeral. Now he is with his old mate. Realistically none of them will see next year.

6 minutes ago, drol said:

Former Vietnamese Prime Minister and Secretary of Communist Party Do Muoi is currently hospitalized with former President Le Duc Anh, it seems they are sharing the room. They were visited today by the current Secretary of Communist Party.

I found suspicious Do Muoi was not at Phan van Khai's funeral. Now he is with his old mate. Realistically none of them will see next year.

Is he still my pick in the "ancient state leaders" game? I forgot...

Edit: No wait, he never was. That was Tin Tun (or Tun Tin?) I was thinking of.

I only remember Do Muoi because his name sounds like "Do me".

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Is he still my pick in the "ancient state leaders" game? I forgot...

Edit: No wait, he never was. That was Tin Tun (or Tun Tin?) I was thinking of.

I only remember Do Muoi because his name sounds like "Do me".

Yes, you picked Tun Tin. Do Muoi was picked by msc and Le Duc Anh by deadsox. But I'm still confident in my pick Jean of Luxembourg for the surprise point.

10 hours ago, drol said:

No offense but STFU!!!!!!!!!!!  God DAMMIT.   I mean c'mon.....  I'll just come trash one of your competitions ffs.... (no i wouldn't, that's my point).
SC

I've met him! As a substitute guest speaker at our school, because Donald Dewar, who we were meant to meet, died instead. He came across as a smarmy sod. And this was long before his fall from grace. RIP.

16 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Lord Martin of Springburn, MP for Glasgow Springburn (1979-2005) which was replaced by Glasgow North East (2005-2009) and Speaker of the House of Commons (2000-2009), has died aged 72.

Edit: Daily Mail, The Sun, Daily Mirror obituaries.

Hmmm news seems to have emerged 45 mins ago and yet Sky or BBC haven't covered it yet or sent me breaking news notifications. Unusual as normally they're first in there.

Anyways, I'm surprised he made it to 72. Never looked like a healthy specimen.

Should have ran a forum poll on Boothroyd outliving him. Slam dunk imo. Anyhow, one of the first replies on Sky's Breaking news tweet about him dying? "I hope he's OK!"

It's like fucking clockwork!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Hmmm news seems to have emerged 45 mins ago and yet Sky or BBC haven't covered it yet or sent me breaking news notifications. Unusual as normally they're first in there.

Anyways, I'm surprised he made it to 72. Never looked like a healthy specimen.

BBC Now covering it- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43941759

2 hours ago, msc said:

Should have ran a forum poll on Boothroyd outliving him. Slam dunk imo. Anyhow, one of the first replies on Sky's Breaking news tweet about him dying? "I hope he's OK!"

It's like fucking clockwork!

Thank goodness you didn't otherwise it might have given some people the idea to put Michael Martin on their lists and I wouldn't now have a unique pick in DDP!;)

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Thank goodness you didn't otherwise it might have given some people the idea to put Michael Martin on their lists and I wouldn't now have a unique pick in DDP!;)

Like Bowie's appearance and Rickman's sudden marriage in 2015, Martin's taking time off from the Lords last year did make me wonder, but not long enough.

Well done on the unique.

• Thanks 1

Thought he'd gone a bit quiet. But then again, he was quiet as speaker, too.

13 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

No offense but STFU!!!!!!!!!!!  God DAMMIT.   I mean c'mon.....  I'll just come trash one of your competitions ffs.... (no i wouldn't, that's my point).
SC

A short video summarizes what I understood from your post.

• Haha 1

Former Dictator of Bolivia Luis Garcia Meza Tejada has died at 88 after suffering his fourth heart attack. One of the last living South America dictators of last century.

EDIT: I can only think of Francisco Morales Bermudez (1921) as the last living classic dictator. Did I forgot someone?

• Like 1

Looks like Amber Rudd's political career is ready for the last rites.

1 hour ago, drol said:

Former Dictator of Bolivia Luis Garcia Meza Tejada has died at 88 after suffering his fourth heart attack. One of the last living South America dictators of last century.

EDIT: I can only think of Francisco Morales Bermudez (1921) as the last living classic dictator. Did I forgot someone?

Perhaps only Arturo Armando Molina if you count the whole Latin America. Actually, there is Guillermo Rodriguez (1924) from Ecuador.

Edited by Tower1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tower1 said:

Perhaps only Arturo Armando Molina if you count the whole Latin America. Actually, there is Guillermo Rodriguez (1924) from Ecuador.

You are goddamn right. Thanks.

2 hours ago, Sean said:

Looks like Amber Rudd's political career is ready for the last rites.

Resigned.

Yay.

May next month. Yes it is!

• Like 1