Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

6 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Resigned.

Yay.

May next month. Yes it is!

Seemed to be literally the only thing keeping May's Premiership together (other than the DUP) for most of the last 18 months. Now lost her bulwark and her bodyguard, politically. Wont last much longer.

37 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Peter Temple-Morris, Baron Temple-Morris, former Tory MP for Leominster, has died aged 80 according to the Parliamentary website. https://www.parliament.uk/biographies/lords/lord-temple-morris/267

Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Temple-Morris

In what is still relatively a rare occurrence (despite press rumours every ten seconds of party split), he was also the former Labour MP for Leominster!

5 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Peter Temple-Morris, Baron Temple-Morris, former Tory MP for Leominster, has died aged 80 according to the Parliamentary website. https://www.parliament.uk/biographies/lords/lord-temple-morris/267

Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Temple-Morris

BBC obit http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43981432

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 21:04, Sir Creep said:

Charles Thone — governor, congressman, Republican Party stalwart and "one of Nebraska's most productive citizens" — died Wednesday.  He was age 94.

Ruth Thone, 86, former first lady of Nebraska, freelance writer and community activist, died Thursday.  Her death came less than two months after former Gov. Charley Thone died in Lincoln on March 7.  The Thones had been married for almost 65 years.

SC

[btw my search for 'thone' pulled up two instances where the person meant 'throne' but it's a typo.  Hilarious].

Romanian politician Doina Cornea has died aged 88. She was a rare figure of dissident to Ceasescu's regime and was a member of National Salvation Front when Ceasescu fell. An example feminists should look at, instead of complain about stupid things as they do every day.

Jim Argue, Jr., a former state legislator from Little Rock and the president and CEO of the United Methodist Foundation of Arkansas, died May 3 of kidney cancer at 66. He was diagnosed only recently with the disease.  Argue served in the Arkansas House from 1991 to 1996, then in the Senate from 1996 to 2008. 
SC

4 hours ago, Thatcher said:

George Deukmeijan, former Governor of California (1983-1991), has died aged 89.

Edit: Daily Mail obituary.

I’m going back to Cali, Cali, Cali

I’m going back to Cali...

I don’t think so.

2 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

How does one mute Sir Creep?

Just hit the 'like' button like a good little boy.

On 4/19/2018 at 22:40, Sir Creep said:

Just found me a new Mayor fwiw.  I think they have a few months yet but Hargis and Rogers each carked it after 2-3 months never know.

After you said it wasn't the Rochester mayor, I assumed you were talking about Aurora mayor Steve Hogan. Well, looks like he might not see June, as he has now entered hospice care

9 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

After you said it wasn't the Rochester mayor, I assumed you were talking about Aurora mayor Steve Hogan. Well, looks like he might not see June, as he has now entered hospice care

No I missed that name totally.  Mine died before the ref signaled for play to begin in May.

21 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

No I missed that name totally.  Mine died before the ref signaled for play to begin in May.

Well then, here’s a strong pick for June for all the cup players still in the cup (and Maryport’s pool as well). Mind you, I now wonder who Creep’s mayor was...

13 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Well then, here’s a strong pick for June for all the cup players still in the cup (and Maryport’s pool as well). Mind you, I now wonder who Creep’s mayor was...

I may have misspoke.  The person either perished or upon review wasn't as strong a 30-day candidate as at first perceived.  I know I punted them that's all.  Seems they died though.  

Guardian article on the oldest state leaders. Featuring Mahathir Mohamad, Queen Elizabeth, Beji Cajid Essebsi, Do Muoi and obvously Sir Creep's favourite Babiker Awadalla.

2 hours ago, drol said:

Guardian article on the oldest state leaders. Featuring Mahathir Mohamad, Queen Elizabeth, Beji Cajid Essebsi, Do Muoi and obvously Sir Creep's favourite Babiker Awadalla.

He has been given a task; once complete he will have earned that title ad infinitum.

• Haha 1

Kevin Kamenetz, a Democratic candidate for governor of Maryland and Baltimore County Executive who was a fixture in state politics for nearly 25 years, has died. Kamenetz died early Thursday, following a cardiac arrest, Baltimore County police said in a news release. He was 60.

• Sad 1

Burmese Prime Minister Tun Tin has been bedridden and in frail health since September. Rare photos of him in this Facebook posts. Apparently he lost his wife last year and has been very ill since.

Oldest living state leaders are the hardest category to get. They simply never die, every time it seems it's the end, but it is never, they'll be back in their dictatorship after 15 days, in "great health". Gizenga just came back to Congo from Bruxelles, he was said to be dying two weeks ago. Mahathir was elected Prime Minister at 92 when some years ago the biggest hope for a 92 year old was breathing. Giorgio Napolitano has interveined in the process of forming a new govern just days after he suffered an aortic dissection. Bob Hawke has been discharged in perfect health. Muoi and Anh have been in hospital for months when a normal person of their age is dead in two days. Tun Tin has been bedridden for almost a year and still he is writing historical biographies! Milos Jakes was hit by a car and almost died in 2016, now he is giving interviews every day and his best pal Strougal has released a new biography. Kaunda has survived multiple hospitalization and still his last birthday was the biggest celebration of the year in Zambia. Wolde Giorgis is launching a plan to build a huge statue of Haile Selassié at 94 and Mugabe is seeking to regain power. Mubarak is spending holidays with family, looking 20 years younger.

Awadalla travelling to Sudan from Dublin last year as it was normal for a centenarian and Hau Pei-Tsun giving a whole series of conferences all around Taiwan at 99. All North Korean (Kim Yong Nam, Hyang Hiong Sop, exc) travelling to foreign Countries for NK normalization process, Giscard d'Estaing interveining on political topics almost every week and Tran Thien Khiem organizing Vietnam veteran coventions every year.

What's wrong with them? Why can't they die like normal people? 

• Like 1

Don’t forget Nuon Chea has lived in a Cambodian jail for a year enduring a trial that will put him away for years, I think he’s 89.

10 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Don’t forget Nuon Chea has lived in a Cambodian jail for a year enduring a trial that will put him away for years, I think he’s 89.

92 in July. Khieu Sampan and him are the last reamaining Khmer Rouge leaders.

Former Philippine Senate president Edgardo Angara died on Sunday, May 13. He was 83.  Angara's son, Senator Sonny Angara, confirmed his father's death.

"Sad to say my father, former senator Edgardo Javier Angara, passed on from this life this morning at the age of 83, from an apparent heart attack," said the younger Angara in a post on Twitter.

SC