Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

Likely papparazi trying to get a last photo.  Probably worth a few bucks.

Chief of Staff to Governor Mohammed Jibrilla of Adamawa State, Alhaji Abdulrahman Jimeta is dead. He died in the early hours of yesterday in Saudi Arabia.

I like that.... 'of yesterday'.
SC

Check out @SamCoatesTimes’s Tweet:

I wonder who the Labour mp on morphine is and whether it possibly serious enough to have  implications for deadpoolers? 

46 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Check out @SamCoatesTimes’s Tweet:

I wonder who the Labour mp on morphine is and whether it possibly serious enough to have  implications for deadpoolers? 

Ooh interesting.I will guess Paul Flynn and Mike Gapes.

• Like 1

Or Keith Vaz wants attention again.

• Haha 1

Here is a list of all Labour Mps over 70:

Dennis Skinner

Paul Flynn

Ann Clwyd 

Geoffrey Robinson

Barry Sheerman

Jim Cunningham

Kelvin Hopkins 

Frank Field 

Margaret Beckett 

Ronnie Campbell 

Margaret Hodge 

Louise Ellman 

Kevin Barron

Kate Hoey 

Marie Rimmer

Virenda Sharma 

Stephen Pound 

• Like 2

One is Naz Shah who had to be helped out a car to get to the commons.

Updating recent DP favorite stage 4 cancer patient Mayor Doug LaChance, seems his chemo has him going from bedridden to up and feeding his animals.  So for the very near future, he's probably a punt.  Will have to check in every couple months though.
SC

Lord William Oulton Wade, Baron Wade of Chorlton has died aged 85. http://announcements.telegraph.co.uk/deaths/224994/wade

A former elected official of Cheshire County Council, he was thereafter Joint Treasurer of the Tory Party during the Thatcher years. Created a life peer in 1990 and retired from the House of Lords in 2016.

On 06/10/2017 at 04:37, CastAway said:

Babiker Awadalla

Awadalla has moved back to Alexandria, Egypt, to live with his family. He spent the last year and a half in Dublin with his homonym son who is a renowned pediatrician, presumably to seek medical attention abroad.

28 minutes ago, drol said:

Awadalla has moved back to Alexandria, Egypt, to live with his family. He spent the last year and a half in Dublin with his homonym son who is a renowned pediatrician, presumably to seek medical attention abroad.

Smell that?  it smells like....... victory!  I can feel it coming upon us...

• Haha 1

On 15/06/2018 at 09:06, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Right wingers never die. We've been waiting for an eternity for Cheney, Bush Sr., Kissinger, and Dole. And we already waited eternities for the Reagans, Thatcher, Nixon, and Ford. You can count on them to be bedblockers if anybody.

LOL patience is a virtue! ;)

• Like 1

That keeps drol out of the mental asylum for another month.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

LOL patience is a virtue! ;)

Who decided that?

Why cant ‘hurry the fuck up’ be a virtue?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, gcreptile said:

That keeps drol out of the mental asylum for another month.

Or maybe not, because 20 oldest heads of state are still untouched.

58 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Katie Arrington, who recently won the South Carolina GOP nomination, defeating anti-Trump candidate Rep. Mark Sanford, has been seriously injured in a car accident.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/23/politics/south-carolina-candidate-katie-arrington-car-accident/index.html

"Arrington suffered a fracture to her back, broken ribs, and a partial collapse of the main artery in her legs. She will have to undergo "major surgery" to remove a portion of her small intestine and a portion of her colon, and will require a stent in the main artery in her legs."

Well fuck.... that sounds rough.  Wishing her the best, gonna be a long recovery, I'd think.
Does this mean Mark Sanford has yet again some political legs?  They can't get rid of that guy....

8 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Does this mean Mark Sanford has yet again some political legs?  They can't get rid of that guy....

If Arrington survives, probably not.  If she dies, then you'd have to figure Sanford's political life would continue.

4 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

If Arrington survives, probably not.  If she dies, then you'd have to figure Sanford's political life would continue.

She won't die they're talking she will be released in a couple weeks.  But she won't be on any campaign trail.  Only trail she will be on is from her bed to the loo, and back.
She better hope the increase sympathy vote is greater than the i'm not sure i want to vote for a cripple decrease vote.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Whether she passes or not, Sanford's career is over for now. He can't be put back on the ballot unless there is some serious corrupt move made by the courts and such to replace Arrington as the nominee. 

Her Democratic opponent, who would be guaranteed the winner if Arrington died and wasn't replaced, has also suspended his campaign until Arrington recovers, class move. Wonder if Arrington would do the same if Cunningham was the one injured. I hope she understands how much worse the situation she's in would be without health insurance, unlike Steve Scalise.