Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

23 minutes ago, drol said:

Karunanidhi's health has deteriorated again last evening. 

Seriously though or all these perpetually gravely ill Indians secretly immortal?Karunanidhi Tiwari Fernandes Bihai Vajpeeyee ,  Sri Sri something or other ,Kumar the list goes on.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Sean said:

Seriously though or all these perpetually gravely ill Indians secretly immortal?Karunanidhi Tiwari Fernandes Bihai Vajpeeyee ,  Sri Sri something or other ,Kumar the list goes on.

Not only Indians. Mao's secretary Li Rui has been treated for multiple organ failure since the beginning of April, my boy Le Duc Anh has survived a huge hemorrhagic stroke at 97 and many other seem to be just ethernal. But they will go... I might have enough time on Earth to see it happening.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, drol said:

Not only Indians. Mao's secretary Li Rui has been treated for multiple organ failure since the beginning of April, my boy Le Duc Anh has survived a huge hemorrhagic stroke at 97 and many other seem to be just ethernal. But they will go... I might have enough time on Earth to see it happening.

Du Muoi also.

Maybe they are story-relevant NPCs.

However, I think it's obvious now that Karunanidhi won't leave that hospital alive. Did I jinx it now? Well, he should write me a thank you-letter.

5 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

However, I think it's obvious now that Karunanidhi won't leave that hospital alive. Did I jinx it now? Well, he should write me a thank you-letter.

Yes.

• Like 1

Just now, Spade_Cooley said:

Former US health secretary under Reagan and ambassador to Ireland, Margaret Heckler, dead at 87. DDP pick.

Heckler? And somebody called it?

I'll get my coat, hat, shoes and tie. I'll pick up my trousers later.....:lol:

Paul Laxalt, a former Governor of Nevada and Senator from that state, has died.  He was 96.  His death comes as grandson Adam Laxalt looks to follow in his granddad's footsteps, having secured Nevada's Republican nomination for the upcoming gubernatorial election.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/politics-and-government/nevada/former-nevada-governor-paul-laxalt-dies-at-96/

On 13/04/2018 at 17:00, arrowsmith said:

With the deaths of Akaka and Melcher that leaves eight living former U.S. senators that are World War II veterans. 

Hollings - South Carolina (96)

Laxalt - Nevada (96)

Buckley - New York (95)

Dole - Kansas (94)

Evans - Washington (92)

Wofford - Pennsylvania (92)

Huddleston - Kentucky (91)

Warner - Virginia (91)

With the death of Laxalt this list is down to seven. 

Deleted.  Thanks, search box!

11 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Paul Laxalt, a former Governor of Nevada and Senator from that state, has died.  He was 96.  His death comes as grandson Adam Laxalt looks to follow in his granddad's footsteps, having secured Nevada's Republican nomination for the upcoming gubernatorial election.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/politics-and-government/nevada/former-nevada-governor-paul-laxalt-dies-at-96/

Mail obit.

Statement from hospital says Karunanidhi's condition has significantly declined to extremely critical and unstable. Dead within the day I'd presume. 

Yup, here's your problem. Someone set this thing to "mortal".

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Statement from hospital says Karunanidhi's condition has significantly declined to extremely critical and unstable. Dead within the day I'd presume. 

Honestly, given the rumours that were floating around in the country when Jayalalitha dies, I wouldn't be surprised if he had died during the last scare and this was just an effort to control public chaos (of cours, with Jayalalitha, it woas both the public chaos thing and the allowing her aide to take over her political party thing...)

• Like 1

I really should have picked him for the DDP, at least the B-Team.

Nah, I know these kind of movies, he will be back for a final scare.

• Like 1

Rare photo of Kim Yong-ju attending a ceremony in North Korea. Looks decent for his age.

Kim Jong-ju (TV de la RPDC)

• Like 2

On 01/08/2018 at 13:28, gcreptile said:

Two more Karunanidhi idolizers have died, this time via a stampede at his funeral.

On 19/07/2018 at 11:36, drol said:

Ah ah. By the way Karunanidhi has changed his tracheostomy tube but he has already been discharged, the fat fuck.

Edit: And don't forget Atal Bihari Vajpayee and George Fernandes. Beyond human possibilities.

Update on Vajpayee: serious but stable.

Hmm, I wonder if its more serious stability or stable seriousness.

7 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Hmm, I wonder if its more serious stability or stable seriousness.

Why so serious?