Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

A.R. “Babe” Schwartz, a former Texas state senator, a former state representative and a former lobbyist who was considered a leader of the liberal cause, a pioneer on environmental legislation and the father of the open beaches law, died at his home in Houston on Friday of a heart attack. The 92-year-old whom everyone in the Capitol knew as “Babe” had been in hospice care.

SC

On 06/04/2018 at 11:51, drol said:

No source for this one, but there are rumours Mao Zedong's secretary Li Rui is in critical condition following a stroke. He was profiled by BBC  last year when he turned 100.

44DFD616-4E9F-461E-9BFF-9B57AA7182D0_cx2_cy13_cw98_w1597_n_r1_s.png

I don't know how, but he looks good after four months of multiple organ failure. Bah, steroids will do that.

So i want Tun Tin and an old Vietnamese guy dead, and the Reaper tries to make me happy killing off old Vietnamese guy Bui Tin, aged 90.  It did not work.

21 minutes ago, drol said:

So i want Tun Tin and an old Vietnamese guy dead, and the Reaper tries to make me happy killing off old Vietnamese guy Bui Tin, aged 90.  It did not work.

Tun Tin?  I thought it was Tin Tun.  Or is that because a lot of Asian names are reversed?  I'm now thoroughly confused.

1 hour ago, drol said:

Reaper:
"Tun Tin, Bui Tin. 
Ahhh my young Drol, normally I take umbrage with those who question my efforts. 
But since I look upon you with much favour, would it suffice if I took Stephen Duffy?"

stephen-duffy-1.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, deadsox said:

Tun Tin?  I thought it was Tin Tun.  Or is that because a lot of Asian names are reversed?  I'm now thoroughly confused.

Yes, Tun Tin is the former Prime Minister, Tin Tun is a jailed boxer and dissident.

• Like 1

And neither of them had a pet dog called snowy. Got it now.

• Haha 1

Former Speaker of the Indian Lok Sabha (lower house of Parliament) Somnath Chatterjee dead at 89.

Was admitted to the hospital last Tuesday and put on the ventilatator yesterday, so that was relatively quick.

Former Minnesota senator Norm Coleman, has cancer in his neck, throat and lungs...

On Sunday on Radio 4 Sue McGregor hosted The Reunion about the formation of the SDP. The three remaining members of The Gang of Four were there. David Owen and Shirley Williams sound well but Bill Rodgers sounded a bit doddery. Repeated tomorrow at 9am.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Thatcher said:

Martin Brandon-Bravo, Conservative MP for Nottingham South (1983-1992), has died aged 86.

Proper obit for Brandon-Bravo.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

has the death of former PM of India Atal Bihari Vajpayee been m entioned yet?https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/former-prime-minister-atal-bihari-vajpayee-passes-away-at-93/article24704802.ece

Yes, in another thread. But you’re fine posting it here too...

Ow, my eyes.

Another hit for my Politics XX. I think that makes 6 this year.

9 hours ago, En Passant said:

Ow, my eyes.

sorry about that.For some weird reason I copied and pasted the font from the website by accident  ! 

• Like 1

On 06/08/2018 at 17:49, Sean said:

Seriously though or all these perpetually gravely ill Indians secretly immortal?Karunanidhi Tiwari Fernandes Bihai Vajpeeyee ,  Sri Sri something or other ,Kumar the list goes on.

Update on Tiwari: still critical and shows absolutely no improvement. Article compares him To Vajpayee and we know how that ended...

Happy birthday Jiang Zemin, 92 today! :birthday:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drol said:

Update on Tiwari: still critical and shows absolutely no improvement. Article compares him To Vajpayee and we know how that ended...

Is there a doctor in the house?
He is having organ failure.  Do organs unfail once they fail?  The notion sounds absurd, but I may be totally off base.  
SC

4 hours ago, gcreptile said:

2... 1... 

Dead.

Just now, Thatcher said:

Sir Peter Tapsell has reportedly died aged 88.

Moses Ali, First Deputy Prime Minister of Uganda, is almost 80 and morbidly obese. One to keep an eye on. He was brought to my attention by this spectacular video from 2 days ago.

• Like 1