Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

Peter Adams, the founding chairman of the geography department at Trent University who went on to represent Peterborough, Ontario as a provincial MPP from 1987 to 1990 and as a federal MP from 1993 to 2006, has died.  He was 82.

https://www.thepeterboroughexaminer.com/news-story/8934597-former-peterborough-mp-and-mpp-peter-adams-dies-at-82/

Dorothy Hukill, who quit her local Florida senate race yesterday due to cervical cancer, dead today.

Even the Deathracers have no stamina...

Hope she cast that absentee ballot 

1 hour ago, arrowsmith said:

Only if by Arizona you mean Maryland. 

Maryland was on vacation in Arizona when I posted.  Yeah, I've got nothing. :facepalm: 

1 hour ago, arrowsmith said:

Only if by Arizona you mean Maryland. 

No, didn’t you hear? The real senator from Arizona was actually Tydings, McCain was just a decoy for him, as he’s really lived Maryland till his death.

(I know, I know, it’s a garbage joke, but fuck it, I’m posting here anyways)...

On 09/02/2015 at 15:47, msc said:

Denzil Davies b. 1938 (Treasury Minister 1976-9)

Dead aged 80.

Despite Willz updating his mega-list, it wasn't mentioned that I can find.

Was Shadow Welsh Sec under Foot, and Shadow Defence Sec under Kinnock, until 1988 when Kinnock changed the Labour party defence policy 3 times in a week without consulting his Defence Sec. Also stood for the Deputy leadership, and was an ardent Brexiteer, long before that term was invented.

Richard Morgan, the North Carolina Republican who forged a power-sharing arrangement in a deadlocked state House 15 years ago that made him the co-speaker but ultimately led to a destructive electoral battle within the GOP, has died at age 66.  Morgan died Wednesday, but there is no information about Morgan's cause of death.

SC

Patricia Hollis, Baroness Hollis of Heigham former leader of Norwich City Council and wife of Labour Peer Alan Howarth, Baron Howarth, has died aged 77.

17 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Donald Macdonald, a Canadian federal politician and former Cabinet minister in the Pierre Trudeau government, has died.  He was 86. 

https://globalnews.ca/news/4547788/donald-macdonald-former-cabinet-minister-dies/

I blame Google for not discovering MacDonald for team Gris Gris.  It’s a plain combination I would have searched.  

SC

10 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Former premier of Quebec (not the whole of Canada!) Bernard Landry, is on oxygen with atrophied lungs (??), also in a wheelchair:

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/former-premier-bernard-landry-in-failing-health-report-1.4132854

Quebec?

So he's on his last frog legs then......

2 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

A Kenyan MP talks about the cancer of his sister, the cancer of his mum, his own cancer, and the cancer of 63 (!) Kenyan Members of Parliament:

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/health/article/2001299224/juja-mp-francis-waititu-battling-cancer-and-determined-to-win

He needs to shorten that list down to 20 for the DDP.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sir Jeremy Heywood, Cabinet Secretary (most senior civil servant there is) resigns from his post and the civil service with immediate effect on health grounds. He was diagnosed with cancer earlier in the year. Hmmm.

Look, swearing shortlister, the PM was talking about him on the BBC, you ain't get a unique from that, no matter what.

Can't find previous mention of him on here, even though pretty certain we covered his original diagnosis?

Was mentioned at PMQs today.

Usual syncophantic toadying. Also mentioned was the absence of Geoffrey Robinson, Labour MP for Coventry North West.

Someone could go for double bubble.....

5 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Was mentioned at PMQs today.

Usual syncophantic toadying. Also mentioned was the absence of Geoffrey Robinson, Labour MP for Coventry North West.

Someone could go for double bubble.....

"I am sure the whole House will want to send their best wishes to my hon. Friend the Member for Coventry North West (Mr Robinson), who is recovering from a recent operation. In his absence, and with his blessing, we will proceed with the Third Reading of his Organ Donation (Deemed Consent) Bill this Friday. It is a Bill that will save lives and give hope to many. The Prime Minister previously has been very supportive, as has the Leader of the Opposition. Will she today reconfirm her support for this important Bill on Friday?"

Link the two, liver transplant?

We need to send the Witchsmeller Pursuivant (or Sean) after more details...

• Haha 1