33 minutes ago, charon said:

Nice edit.....

Left the original text in to be fair.

23 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Left the original text in to be fair.

Not re paddy......

Just now, charon said:

Not re paddy......

As I said in my reply that was genuinely and unfinished sentence. I was hopping between different parts of the write up.

11 minutes ago, Deathray said:

As I said in my reply that was genuinely and unfinished sentence. I was hopping between different parts of the write up.

You deleted that bit with the edit....

Menzies Campbell was walking with a stick at Charles Kennedy's funeral I think he is more likely to go than David Steel.

I didn't realise Rob McLennan was actually leader.

Charles Kennedy, who was an alcoholic, is now followed into the afterlife by his fellow Lib Dem leader, Paddy Ashdown, famous for his premature ejaculation with a mistress. Both known for their catchphrase: Do you fancy a quick one?.

I 'think' this is the right thread.  ??

The General Observer of the Muslim Brotherhood in Sudan, Shaikh Ali Mohamed Jawish, died yesterday morning at the age of 78.
From 2005 until 2010, he held a seat in the Sudanese parliament for the Muslim Brotherhood. Later he ran a commercial office in Khartoum until his election as the group’s General Supervisor replacing Yusuf Nur Al-Daem.
SC

21 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Martha Alonso, governor of Puebla dies only days after being sworn in.

Her husband, Rafael Moreno Valle Rosas, the former governor of Puebla also perished in the crash.

On 21/07/2018 at 04:52, gcreptile said:

Sir Alan Donald, British ambassador to China during the Tiananmen massacre, dead at 87:

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/diplomacy-defence/article/2156285/sir-alan-donald-british-ambassador-beijing-during

China on Tuesday announced the death of Yuan Mu, the former government spokesman who denied anyone was killed on Tiananmen Square during the bloody 1989 crackdown, nearly two weeks after his passing.

A former Communist propaganda official, Yuan defended the Chinese government after soldiers of the People's Liberation Army (PLA) fired on unarmed pro-democracy protesters.

He died aged 91 on December 13 from "an illness", state news agency Xinhua said Tuesday.
SC

11 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

China on Tuesday announced the death of Yuan Mu, the former government spokesman who denied anyone was killed on Tiananmen Square during the bloody 1989 crackdown, nearly two weeks after his passing.

A former Communist propaganda official, Yuan defended the Chinese government after soldiers of the People's Liberation Army (PLA) fired on unarmed pro-democracy protesters.

He died aged 91 on December 13 from "an illness", state news agency Xinhua said Tuesday.
SC

Actually the dick adfirmed no one was killed during the protests. So infamous he was despised even by his party's members.

On ‎23‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 20:33, Bibliogryphon said:

Menzies Campbell was walking with a stick at Charles Kennedy's funeral I think he is more likely to go than David Steel.

I didn't realise Rob McLennan was actually leader.

Then again who would have thought Kennedy and Ashdown would both go before old Menzies !

• Like 1

Another British MP who died off the radar. This time Conservative MP John Harold Hollingworth who served in 1959-1964 Parliament for the Birmingham All Saints seat (presumably contemporarily renamed to Birmingham All Imams?). 

His will confirms he died in March. That site seems to be becoming ever more useful given that the ability of the UK Press to cover stories is sadly diminishing.

• Thanks 1

On 18/12/2018 at 10:56, msc said:

Blanco will be a hit for me in this year or the next, so if the rest of you want to add her to your DDP teams so I can get a Drop 40 bonus off it, it'd be much appreciated. :D

I am adding her on my main team unless she dies first 

• Like 1

US Senator John Culver, probably best known for losing his senate seat to the soon to be President Pro Tempore Chuck Grassley dead at 86.

Former President of Algeria Abdelmalek Benhabyles has finally died aged 97.

Kevin McIntyre, chairman of the FERC from December 2017 until his resignation in October 2018, has died.

Picked in some pools, perhaps the DDP too, but I doubt he gets a qualifying obit. We'll see.

Plan B from Outer Space picked him for sure, can't confirm if anyone else did at the moment because I'm not on my home computer.

The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office (i.e. Tampa, FL) announced Thursday that one of its former sheriffs had died.  Malcolm E. Beard, 99, served as the sheriff for Hillsborough County from 1964 to 1978.

Beard worked for the Tampa Police Department in the 1940s and was elected constable for Hillsborough County in 1957.  He left the sheriff’s office and began a career in politics in 1978. He served in the Florida House of Representatives from 1978 to 1980. In 1979, he was elected to the State Senate and served until 1996.
SC

Larry Langford, the former corrupt mayor of Birmingham, Alabama, has died aged 72, a couple weeks after compassionate release from prison. Good. I was starting to think he was a fraud.

Deathrace hit for me. Also my first DDP hit for To Kill A Gabor Sister, if he gets the QO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phantom of the Midway said:

Larry Langford, the former corrupt mayor of Birmingham, Alabama, has died aged 72, a couple weeks after compassionate release from prison. Good. I was starting to think he was a fraud.

Deathrace hit for me. Also my first DDP hit for To Kill A Gabor Sister, if he gets the QO.

He indeed got a QO.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Jesus, amazing.  Trent Tyler and Langford you’d be cleaning up.  Next year my theme team will be whatever January slugs I put in Deathrace 

Anatoly Lukyanov, one of the August 1991 Soviet coup plotters died today.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anatoly_Lukyanov

Former defense minister Dmitry Yazov is still alive. The last marshall of the Soviet Union is 94 & very deathlisty (imo).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dmitry_Yazov

Oleg Baklanov ( born 1932) is also among the living.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oleg_Baklanov

Aleksandr Tizyakov has not Wikipedia entry. In 2016 he was still alive though.

https://www.rferl.org/a/what-happened-to-the-august-1991-coup-plotters/27933729.html

• Like 2