Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

Was actually considering him for my cup lineup in March, but then there’s always going to be some people who don’t make the starting line for the next month. 

Dead pooling aside, he does seem to be like a decent guy, and I hope his family can find some piece...

Just now, Joey Russ said:

Was actually considering him for my cup lineup in March, but then there’s always going to be some people who don’t make the starting line for the next month. 

Dead pooling aside, he does seem to be like a decent guy, and I hope his family can find some piece...

And peace.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Look at it this way, this is great news for me.

With the Labour split it will be interesting to see if Shirley Williams (88) appears in the media as she should be considered for the main list. Same with David Owen but he is more active and only 80.

22 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

With the Labour split it will be interesting to see if Shirley Williams (88) appears in the media as she should be considered for the main list. Same with David Owen but he is more active and only 80.

And Bill Rodgers

3 minutes ago, Sean said:

And Bill Rodgers

For some reason I thought he was dead. But he is not and is still alive at 90.

2 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

And she is giving Radio interviews so is still in good health.

Manohar Parrikar hospitalized again, but they insist he is "stable" and "recovering".

• Like 1

On ‎18‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 13:46, The Old Crem said:

And she is giving Radio interviews so is still in good health.

Saw her on tv giving an interview in response to the labour defections.Have to say she looks remarkably good for an 88 year old.  No point in having her on the list for a while ! 

No sign of Bill Rodgers though so he could be in much frailer health. 

10 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

Saw her on tv giving an interview in response to the labour defections.Have to say she looks remarkably good for an 88 year old.  No point in having her on the list for a while ! 

No sign of Bill Rodgers though so he could be in much frailer health. 

https://www.hamhigh.co.uk/news/politics/highgate-s-lord-bill-rodgers-backs-mps-who-left-labour-over-brexit-and-antisemitism-1-5896969

Gave a quote to his local newspaper but no pictures or radio/television appearance.

Zimbabwe Veep and coup leader Constantino Chiwenga back in Zimbabwe after receiving succesful treatment in India and fully recovering from a dry aesophagus which caused his dramatic weight loss. Zimbabwe state media never fail to make me laugh.

2 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Former Congo PM Antoine Gizenga dead at 93 https://www.bbc.com/afrique/region-47349030

You know we have been debating about his death in the African Despots thread for several hours, do you?

5 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:
  1. No I didn't know that. Sorry. 

There is nothing wrong in reporting a death in different threads, expecially if it fits those threads like in this case. Anyway when doing it don't write it down as it is last-minute breaking news, as it is not.

• Like 1

Former Gloucester MP (and a 20/20 pick for me) Sally Oppenheim-Barnes has retired from the Lords.

• Like 1

On 29/01/2019 at 23:29, drol said:

Meanwhile K. Anbazhagan gets discharged again from hospital. We already saw many eternally ill Indian politicians going this past year...

Anbazhagan makes a public appearance. Looks awful.

George C. Lodge, Ted Kennedy’s 1962 senate election opponent is still alive and will be 92 this year...

On 23/02/2019 at 21:14, drol said:

Manohar Parrikar hospitalized again, but they insist he is "stable" and "recovering".

Discharged.