Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

So Theresa May and this route one careering when loads of people try and persuade her otherwise

Is she miles down the ASD spectrum and we're all ignoring it, or is there some chance this madness is inspired?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

So Theresa May and this route one careering when loads of people try and persuade her otherwise

Is she miles down the ASD spectrum and we're all ignoring it, or is there some chance this madness is inspired?

She might be.I do wonder if she is pretending to be thick and is just secretly trying to sabotage Brexit .

Playing a Columbo.

Speaker of Columbo I hear Peter Falk has Alzheimers.

• Haha 1

Somalia's Deputy Labour and Social affairs Minister , Saqar Ibrahim Abdalla, killed in an attack by Al Shabbab

https://www.afp.com/en/news/3954/eight-dead-somalia-shabaab-raid-including-deputy-minister-doc-1ez5no2

"Somalia's Deputy Labour and Social affairs Minister"

what a title 

Labour General Secretary Jennie Formby has been diagnosed with breast cancer. 

• Like 1

Đồng Sĩ Nguyên, who succeeded the late Do Muoi as Minister of Construction and who was also Deputy PM of Vietnam for nine years, has died aged 96. He was responsible for mantaining the Ho Chi Minh trail during the war and was interviewed in 2017 documentary The Vietnam War.  The documentary also contained an interview to Republic of Vietnam colonel Trần Ngọc Châu, (1923),  former DDP pick. Among the Southerners who fled to America I'd like to remember general Tran Thien Khiem (1925), the last PM of South Vietnam, who has received his Christening last year and was very frail. Oh, and dying mr. Ly Tong (1946) of course.

Among the commies there's not only perennial 108 Hospital resident Le Duc Anh (1920). Legendary diplomat and vicepresident Nguyen Thi Binh (1927) is still doing relatively well, and among the living vice PMs we find Nguyen Con (1915, he came before Do Muoi and looks like a zombie), Tran Phuong (1927), Nguyen Ngoc Triu (1926), Nguyen Kahn (1928), Doan Duy Thanh (1929), a plethora of nobodies.

More notable (but don't exaggerate) are general Nguyen Trong Vinh (1916) and influential linguist Vu Khieu (1916). And another mate of mr. Anh I can't find anything about right now, born in 1926.

• Like 2

On 22/01/2019 at 06:25, arrowsmith said:

You beat me to it. Wofford’s death brings the number of living former U.S. senators that served in World War II down to five. Some of them are famous in their own right. 

Hollings (SC) - 97 Oldest living former senator 

Buckley (NY) - 96 Brother of William F. Buckley and one of the few successful third party senatorial candidates 

Dole (KS) - 96 Presidental nominee ‘96 VP nominee ‘76

Evans (WA) - 93 

Warner (VA) - 92 Last living husband of Elizabeth Taylor

Ernest "Fritz" Hollings dead at 97. In addition to being the oldest living senator, he was also the longest-serving junior senator in US history, due to most of his tenure overlapping with Strom Thurmond's.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Ernest "Fritz" Hollings dead at 97. In addition to being the oldest living senator, he was also the longest-serving junior senator in US history, due to most of his tenure overlapping with Strom Thurmond's.

That means the legend known as Bob Dole only needs to outlive two more senators in order to become the oldest living senators, although I have some doubts of that happening...

On 19/01/2019 at 17:50, Joey Russ said:

Foreign sources seem to suggest that Babiker Awadalla has died aged 101.

I know it's very late, but here is how Awadalla looked in his old age. Struggled very hard before finding a pic. This is from the early 2000s I believe.

image.jpeg.fdc79490429d1858df715eda755833b9.jpeg

I see on Twitter John McDonnell was hospitalised the other night. Had a heart attack a few years ago. One to watch? 

Also hear from a reliable source that Ken Clarke was taken in an ambulance to hospital the other week. Very frail, can barely walk, overweight, smokes. I think he should be on the list. 

The committee ignored me on Gerald Kaufman and Paul Flynn though so probably talking to myself.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

India's longest serving MLA (54 years)  and frequent finance minister, KM Mani, has died.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/km-mani-a-titan-who-could-never-become-kerala-cm-dies/articleshow/68803610.cms

I sent him a card last year, 'wishing you a happy birthday and Mani more'.

• Like 3

Le Duc Anh's son Le Manh Ha has commented on Facebook about Dong Sy Nguyen's death. In the post he recalls he lived with Dong's family and the old men got the same military career, being the only two promoted to lieutenant-colonels in 1959, for merits in the war against the French. Anh and Nguyen met again, decades later, at 108 Military Hospital where Nguyen spent his last days with his old comrade. No actual update on mr. Anh's health, only he is still in hospital and will probably be there forever.

On 11/04/2019 at 17:47, Ulitzer95 said:

I see on Twitter John McDonnell was hospitalised the other night. Had a heart attack a few years ago. One to watch? 

Also hear from a reliable source that Ken Clarke was taken in an ambulance to hospital the other week. Very frail, can barely walk, overweight, smokes. I think he should be on the list. 

The committee ignored me on Gerald Kaufman and Paul Flynn though so probably talking to myself.

Mcdonell played it down but can't be that trivial if he missed an important vote.

Clarke has always looked like a heart attack on legs and looks unwell.

• Like 2

On 13/04/2019 at 09:59, Sean said:

Mcdonell played it down but can't be that trivial if he missed an important vote.

Clarke has always looked like a heart attack on legs and looks unwell.

McDonnell has been having trouble walking, MRIs and stuff. Could be smokescreen but not the Labour frontbencher I most expect to do a John Smith (that'd be Abbott or Watson).

Clarke is one to watch though. His drinking (more so since wife died) appears to be catching up with him, and in 2017 he had to step back from election campaigning for iirc multiple operations. I agree with Sean and Ulitzer, and don't think he'll live very far into his 80s.

Any words on David Winnick of late?

• Like 1

On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 12:35, Joey Russ said:

If I had to guess, the fact that he was a sitting party leader was got him the QO in the end, while ND Tiwari wasn’t a sitting one...

Well now it's Tiwari's SON'S (Rohit Shekhar Tiwari) chance for a QO
SC