Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

Kathleen Blanco jokes about death rumors, “no longer” in hospice care.  I’d take the second part with a grain of salt.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JiroemonKimura said:

Kathleen Blanco jokes about death rumors, “no longer” in hospice care.  I’d take the second part with a grain of salt.

She was out at a graduation ceremony a few days ago (albeit in her hometown), so she might not be in hospice at the moment. Think she has a few months in her...

I announce that after frantic research and tough decisions, I've picked a substitute of the late general Le Duc Anh as my perennial favourite. And the winner is... General Prem Tinsulanonda! Who was the good twin of evil Le Duc Anh, of course. Or maybe not so good? The general is dead, long live the general!

Risultati immagini per prem tinsulanonda

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, drol said:

I announce that after frantic research and tough decisions, I've picked a substitute of the late general Le Duc Anh as my perennial favourite. And the winner is... General Prem Tinsulanonda! Who was the good twin of evil Le Duc Anh, of course. Or maybe not so good? The general is dead, long live the general!

Risultati immagini per prem tinsulanonda

Dead according to Thai media. 

I don’t believe in coincidences like that. I think you had read he was on his last leg somewhere! 

10 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I don’t believe in coincidences like that. I think you had read he was on his last leg somewhere! 

Prem News Article: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2019/05/26/prem-tinsulanonda-kings-advisor-and-statesman-dies-at-98/

Just dumped him off my 20/20 team too, ha!

3 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

It is a coincidence. He was rushed to hospital at about 5:05 a. m. local time in a medical emergency. That's about midnight in Italy. I wrote the post yesterday morning, so twelve hours before the medical emergency. No cheating there, just the Reaper having fun. Sincerely I think he had a heart attack because he read the post (what an honour!), but I'm not suee about this. Now I have to choose another elderly Asian general and I already have some ideas...

• Like 2

Drol's on a roll! Pick Kissinger next! :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

It proves that our lovable immortals are actually quite rare. Tinsunaloda just wasnt made of the right stuff.

• Haha 1

Yasuhiro Nakasone turns 101 today! :birthday:

Said to be in good health.

• Like 1

Does anyone think Anne Widdicombe does not look 100% now that she is back in politics?

Michael Spicer, MP for West Worcestershire (1974-2010) and Chairman of the 1922 Committee (2001-2010), has died aged 76. After retiring from the Commons he served in the Lords. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Michael Spicer, MP for West Worcestershire (1974-2010) and Chairman of the 1922 Committee (2001-2010), has died aged 76. After retiring from the Commons he served in the Lords. 

Obits streaming through fast now. The SunMetroEvening Standard. Very well liked man, known for his kindness and gentle demeanour.

Though I expect YoungWilz to chip in sooner or later and tell me there's no such thing as a compassionate Tory :rolleyes:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Obits streaming through fast now. The SunMetroEvening Standard. Very well liked man, known for his kindness and gentle demeanour.

Though I expect YoungWilz to chip in sooner or later and tell me there's no such thing as a compassionate Tory :rolleyes:

Dad's funeral today so I've been preoccupied with that.

Looking at it reasonably, Spicer was at the department of energy from as late as 1987 with responsibility for electricity (privatised) and coal (by then, decimated). So, a nob, with a safe seat with Government responsibility for - very little. Yeah, sounds like a sinecure to me.

51 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Also I'm tired but who was he kind to? Does kindness equate to compassion? Doesn't necessarily follow.

More details required. :lol:

On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 21:59, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

U.S. Senator Thad Cochran, 80 resigning due to health reasons

Thad Cochran is dead reportedly:

• Like 1

Incidentally, this new BBC 5 part Thatcher documentary. If you can stomach it (yes, we know who can and can't already), Episode 2 has a surprisingly well looking John Nott running down the first Cabinet and noting there's "only four of us breathing".

Rogues gallery below:

Pic 1 – Norman Lamont

Pic 2 – Sean’s cuddly uncle

Pic 3- A rather frail looking Shirley Williams

Pic 4 – Jonathan Aitken, as seen on DDP inside 10 years

Pic 5 – David Owen

Pic 6 – Lord Gowrie who looked half-fucked

Pic 7 – 85 year old Kenneth Baker. Will see his 90s imo.

Pic 8 – Heseltine

Pic 9 – Sir Norman Fowler

Pic 10 – David Howell (b 1936) who looks like a current front bencher.

Pic 11 – John Nott

Pic 12 – Bernard Ingham

lamont.png

tebbit.png

shirley williams.png

jonathan aitken.png

David Owen 2019.png

lord gowrie.png

kenneth baker 2019.png

heseltine 2019.png

norman fowler 2019.png

David Howell.png

john nott 2019.png

bernard ingham 2019.png

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Thanks that's saved me watching it! 

Am curious to see who doesn't show up (ie no Nigel Lawson so far) in the 5 episodes.

When are we getting the Harold Wilson multi-part doc, I wonder...

47 minutes ago, msc said:

Am curious to see who doesn't show up (ie no Nigel Lawson so far) in the 5 episodes.

When are we getting the Harold Wilson multi-part doc, I wonder...

I met Lord Lawson a couple of months ago. He’s quite frail but still very sharp. Would give him another few years.

Jill Knight perhaps worth a punt? She’s notable enough for DL.

• Like 2

No Douglas Hurd.Another ominous sign about his health.

• Like 2