Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

88 year old former Dutch Prime Minister Dries van Agt suffered a serious stroke. He was a Christian conservative, but over time shifted to the left. In recent years he has been most well known for his support of the Palestinian people. 

On 03/06/2019 at 21:02, Ulitzer95 said:

I met Lord Lawson a couple of months ago. He’s quite frail but still very sharp. Would give him another few years.

I tell a lie, look who showed up. Whispering like a ghost and looking frail, as you said. I know he had cancer circa 2012.

lawson 2019.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, msc said:

I tell a lie, look who showed up. Whispering like a ghost and looking frail, as you said. I know he had cancer circa 2012.

lawson 2019.png

That remake of Dracula Has Risen From The Grave looks shit

On 24/08/2017 at 14:26, Sir Creep said:

Well well well.....

Oregon Sen. Jackie Winters announced Wednesday evening that she is undergoing treatment for lung cancer after a tumor was discovered by doctors toward the end of this year's legislative session.

Winters, 80, said she developed a persistent cough and after some tests a cancerous tumor was located in her right lung. Additional testing concluded that the tumor was "localized and curable," she said.
[Of course it is, honey]

Winters had heart surgery in January 2016 to clear a blocked aorta. She was also hospitalized in 2014 after feeling faint.

In her statement, Winters added that she will continue to serve in the senate and plans on seeking re-election in 2018.
SC

Ah yes, the name rang a bell.

Oregon State Senator Jackie Winters died last week at 82:

https://www.columbian.com/news/2019/may/29/jackie-winters-pioneering-oregon-state-senator-dies-after-cancer-fight/

I had also mentioned her in the statistics thread.

9 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Ah, the story made the UK papers. Killed by a right-winger, specifically, a "Reichsbürger", people who believe that the Reich never stopped existing and the current federal republic is illegal.

Alan 'Hownling Laud' Hope, 77, de facto leader of the Official Monster Raving Loony Party, might be worth keeping an eye on.  He was unsuccessful in his latest attempt (his twentieth!) to become an MP at night's Peterborough by election, but of interest to us is something I heard on the radio about him being unwell and not able to manage much campaigning these days.  He tends to pop up at any by election of note, so if he doesn't stand at the next one, it might indicate something serious about his health.

• Like 1

K. Anbazhagan greeted the electoral victory of DMK from his bed. He looks utterly fucked.

Ronald Atkins, the former Honourable Member for Preston North, is 103 today! :birthday:

Now I could update the Masterlist Megalist and bring it forward, but I think maybe there's another year before I need to do that.

• Like 1

On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 02:45, YoungWillz said:

Ronald Atkins, the former Honourable Member for Preston North, is 103 today! :birthday:

Now I could update the Masterlist Megalist and bring it forward, but I think maybe there's another year before I need to do that.

He is the first British MP in history to reach his 103rd birthday ! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Angela Merkel suffers heat stroke.

I’m Sorry, but the video is quite to watch :unsure:

Darwin Hindman, Columbia’s (Missouri) longest-serving mayor and a recreation advocate honored for his work to create the Katy Trail State Park, died Sunday evening. He was 86.  He succumbed after a long battle with pulmonary fibrosis, a progressive, incurable disease.
SC

After a long indecision, I announce I chose my new favourite Asian dictator, who will be on my personal 50 for the rest of his life. Or my life, it's more likely. Seeing that gen. Prem didn't do his work properly, lasting less than 24 hours, I've chosen another die-hard Asian Communist leader as beloved general Le Duc Anh. Ladies and Gentlemen, the one and only mr. Khamtai Siphandon!

image.jpeg.3816c2ac7c05880ae6b4cf3d0f2c9bf0.jpeg That's me! I can't believe it!

And now I should be all right till tomorrow at least. No, seriously, 2025 at least.

• Like 3

On Thursday night, former Oklahoma state senator Jonathan Nichols was discovered dead inside his Norman, OK residence from an apparent gunshot, according to a press release from Norman Police Department.

Authorities found Nichols, 53, who served as a Republican senator for 12 years, after receiving a call that somebody had been shot inside of the home.

According to the headline he was found dead twice on consecutive days. See attached.

SC

C1D27AD7-D010-4EEA-BAF7-A2E3D0EABD32.png

2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

On Thursday night, former Oklahoma state senator Jonathan Nichols was discovered dead inside his Norman, OK residence from an apparent gunshot, according to a press release from Norman Police Department.

Authorities found Nichols, 53, who served as a Republican senator for 12 years, after receiving a call that somebody had been shot inside of the home.

According to the headline he was found dead twice on consecutive days. See attached.

SC

C1D27AD7-D010-4EEA-BAF7-A2E3D0EABD32.png

Great link. 

3 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Great link. 

Yeah that was weird AF.

anyway, sorted.  Had to use another site/link.

Demetris Christofias (or Cristofias, to some on the forums), sixth president of Cyprus (2006-2013), dead at 72. He was recently hospitalized in critical condition.

10 hours ago, CastAway said:

Former Republican US Representative for Kansas Jan Meyers dead at 90.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article231849923.html

I don't think her death is involved with the conspiracy theories re: the shot state reps, but who knows :scratchhead:

Unless......

unless the killings suddenly STOP.

then we have figured out the culprit!

A 90-year old woman!

• Like 1

John Prescott recovering from a stroke. A contender for the main list in 2020 if his recovery doesn't go well?

2 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

John Prescott recovering from a stroke.

Was surprised to find out John is now 81 years of age, thought he was younger than that to be honest. Certainly one to keep an eye on depending on the severity of the stroke and which part of the brain it has hit  it could be the beginning of the end, learning to walk or talk again in your 80’s is very difficult, and he will be prone to more strokes. Then again he could go on for years, however one to consider for next years list.

• Like 1