Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

On 14/01/2019 at 15:23, gcreptile said:

Florida representative Alcee Hastings has pancreatic cancer:

http://www.dailyjournal.net/2019/01/14/us-alcee-hastings-cancer/

The 82-year old democrat is "optimistic" and plans to stay in office.

I would post him in the Ideas and Possibilities thread... but I don't think he's going to make it that far. 

Edit: Meh, I should have said " I'm not optimistic". Stupid posting while being in the tram.

Alcee Hastings is apparently optimistic enough to run for re-election in 2020. Maybe he’ll see 2020, but will he make it to November of that year? I have my doubts...

On 02/07/2019 at 18:28, Etushispushingupdaisies said:

Ershad is now on life support (this was denied the first time) and can not be flown to Singapore for treatment.

Particularly awful (at his job) former Taoiseach (Irish PM) Brian Cowen is in intensive care for an unspecified reason. Was notably drunk on air at least once, with his party and particularly the rural elements of his party being known for hard drinking...

Brian Cohen died years ago on a cross. He was the messiah after all

30 minutes ago, Leon Brittan said:

Brian Cohen died years ago on a cross. He was the messiah after all

;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 04/07/2019 at 14:31, drol said:

Ershad is now on life support (this was denied the first time) and can not be flown to Singapore for treatment.

Ershad's condition has improved, he will be removed from life support soon and doctors expect he'll make a full recovery.

• Angry 1

1 hour ago, drol said:

Ershad's condition has improved, he will be removed from life support soon and doctors expect he'll make a full recovery.

And he will also resume his position of opposition leader and run for the president on next elections. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, drol said:

“Unnecessary water from Ershad's body is being removed...”

They say the body is 2/3 water....

On 01/02/2019 at 23:31, gcreptile said:

Did anybody already mention the plight of former Argentina president Fernando De La Rua?

https://punchng.com/ex-argentina-president-in-intensive-care-after-heart-attack/

Heart attack in January, heart surgery in 2017 and 2018. Cardiac problems since 2001.

Dead. Finally. Fernando De La Rua.

Jean Chretien has been taken to hospital in Hong Kong.

4 hours ago, drol said:

Dead. Finally. Fernando De La Rua.

I don't know... maybe I should try an "experimental" ABC deadpool team. Fewer cancer folks, more heart attack/stroke people like De La Rua or Kadenge.

I believe we are in an age when more and more cancer cases become manageable.

Perot is hit #13, for me. :)

4 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Jean Chretien has been taken to hospital in Hong Kong.

Other sources say that it's a kidney stone.

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

Something is up.

Maybe she cant control her reptilian shapeshift anymore.

• Haha 2

A longtime Idaho lobbyist and former legislator, credited with helping establish the state’s civil rights law and sales tax and ending telephone regulation, has died.

William C. “Bill” Roden, 90, named one of Idaho’s Influential 100 in a 2012 book on the people who most shaped the Gem State, died Monday at his Boise home.

In 1960, Roden was elected to the Idaho Senate, where he served for eight years. A Republican, he served as assistant majority leader and later as Senate majority leader.

He was most proud of his part in writing the first civil rights legislation for Idaho in 1969. Four decades later, he unsuccessfully pushed the Idaho Legislature to add sexual orientation and gender identity protections to the state Human Rights Act.

SC

Update on our friend Ershad, who is going out in full Asian dictator style. Yesterday his brother announced that he was recovering and would be indeterminately kept on life support if needed. Death was not an option yesterday.

Today Ershad's condition is deteriorating as he suffers from liver and kidney failure. According to his brother "None of his organs are working", which probably means multiple organ failure. Ershad is also suffering from severe lung infection and myelodysplastic syndrome (or pre-leukemia).

Anyway they don't think his life is in danger, as they did not even call a physician from Singapore for advanced treatment. I wonder when his life will be in danger.

2 hours ago, drol said:

Update on our friend Ershad, who is going out in full Asian dictator style. Yesterday his brother announced that he was recovering and would be indeterminately kept on life support if needed. Death was not an option yesterday.

Today Ershad's condition is deteriorating as he suffers from liver and kidney failure. According to his brother "None of his organs are working", which probably means multiple organ failure. Ershad is also suffering from severe lung infection and myelodysplastic syndrome (or pre-leukemia).

Anyway they don't think his life is in danger, as they did not even call a physician from Singapore for advanced treatment. I wonder when his life will be in danger.

His life will be in danger when the Bangladesh government bankrupt themselves by trying to keep him alive.

• Haha 1

If Li Rui survived more than a year with multiple organ failure, than Ershad will probably survive until 2021.