Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

37 minutes ago, Tower1 said:

If Li Rui survived more than a year with multiple organ failure, than Ershad will probably survive until 2021.

Survived only 10 months. Don't oversize it.

9 hours ago, drol said:

Update on our friend Ershad, who is going out in full Asian dictator style. Yesterday his brother announced that he was recovering and would be indeterminately kept on life support if needed. Death was not an option yesterday.

Today Ershad's condition is deteriorating as he suffers from liver and kidney failure. According to his brother "None of his organs are working", which probably means multiple organ failure. Ershad is also suffering from severe lung infection and myelodysplastic syndrome (or pre-leukemia).

Anyway they don't think his life is in danger, as they did not even call a physician from Singapore for advanced treatment. I wonder when his life will be in danger.

Ershad's blood shows no sign of infection , his body is responding to treatment and will be on life support till he recovers.

3 hours ago, drol said:

Anyway they don't think his life is in danger, as they did not even call a physician from Singapore for advanced treatment. I wonder when his life will be in danger

I would think that the fact they didn't call a physician from Singapore might mean that there is simply nothing they can do anymore, so it's a bad sign for him. Can't see them passing up any treatment if it was available. 

Rod Richards, one of the many Major government ministers who had to resign due to a Back to Basics era scandal, and one of the many more Tory MPs gubbed in the 1997 Labour landslide, dead at 72 after a private cancer battle.

He was also a BBC newsreader and led the Welsh Tories back when that was Rod and 3 sheep. "A character, a bon vivant and  man who didn't take fools gladly", as his inevitable Telegraph obit will no doubt read!

Former US Secretary of State George Shultz has just become the oldest living former cabinet member in history, beating Earl Butz record. I bet he'll now die before the end of the year because he's not on the list, just to spite us  ! 

• Like 1

Report of the death of former Labour MP for Nottingham West Michael English, by the current MP for Nottingham South:

Not been able to see anything news wise though.

I have a feeling that this is fake news...again.

32 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Rumours that Li Peng is dead, although nothing confirmed officially. 

One of the worst fuckers to have ever lived, would win the "Best Riddance" award of 2019. It's not the first time he is rumoured to be dead, so I'll wait for government or Reuters to say something and keep the joy for later.

50 minutes ago, drol said:

One of the worst fuckers to have ever lived, would win the "Best Riddance" award of 2019. It's not the first time he is rumoured to be dead, so I'll wait for government or Reuters to say something and keep the joy for later.

Confirmed as dead (yesterday) here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deaths_in_2019

and on a lot of Twitter accounts 

34 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Confirmed as dead (yesterday) here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deaths_in_2019

and on a lot of Twitter accounts 

Dumbass post of the year. Congrats...

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

37 minutes ago, drol said:

Dumbass post of the year. Congrats...

One thing I love is how people are respectful and caring here. One other thing that I love is irony.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3