Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

Former U.S. diplomat Joseph C. Wilson who gained international attention with his 2003 op-ed piece in the New York Times, 'What I Didn't Find in Africa.'  dead at 69 years.

The piece detailed his trip to Niger, in which he investigated claims that Saddam Hussein had attempted to purchase yellowcake uranium with the intention of developing nuclear weapons.

In 2004, he published the memoir The Politics of Truth, in which he heavily criticized the administration of George W. Bush and the events which led to the outing of his CIA operative wife.

He was portrayed by actor Sean Penn in the biographical drama Fair Game, released in 2010.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/27/us/joseph-wilson-who-challenged-iraq-war-narrative-dies-at-69.html

• Like 2

On 25/09/2019 at 21:03, Wee Jum said:

US political death !!!

Donald T.................... unfotunatly its Donald L Tucker dead

https://eu.tallahassee.com/story/news/2019/09/25/former-florida-house-speaker-donald-l-tucker-dies-84-tallahassee/2437003001/

If Trump had died you wouldn't need to come on deathlist to find about it.You would hear the cheers outside ! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 22/09/2019 at 16:55, drol said:

On October 1st 2019 there will be the 70th anniversary of People's Republic of China founding. Besides the remaining founding fathers of PRC, which are four, only two of whom (Jiao Ruoyu and Wan Haifeng) are indeed notable, it will be interesting to see which cadres show up. Zhu Rongji, Wen Jiabao, Hu Jintao have not taken part to Li Peng's funeral, still are being advertised for this event. Reportedly Jiang Zemin and Song Ping are too sick to be there. Song Ping was also recently widowed, I'd be surprised if he sees the year out.

Jiang Zemin turned up.

Yes, even Song Ping was there. The only notable absence was Zhu Rongji. 

Bernie Sanders is 'resting up' after a blockage was found in one of his arteries and 2 stents were inserted

• Sad 1

Hmm, that's the end of his campaign...a 78-year old man with heart problems. Sometimes it's as simple as this.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

Hmm, that's the end of his campaign...a 78-year old man with heart problems. Sometimes it's as simple as this.

I mean, I'm still pretty sue Biden is losing his marbles (and Trrump has none at all), but it hasn't stopped either one of them yet...

IMO, there needs to be a max age limit for running for President - I'd say 70 - but that'll never happen, so this sort of news will continue to happen.

• Like 1

On 01/10/2019 at 14:45, Cat O'Falk said:

Jiang Zemin turned up.

He looked in good form. I don't expect him to go for a few y ears yet judging by yesterdays appearance ! Of c ourse having said that he will probably drop dead tomorrow :lol:

On 01/10/2019 at 16:49, drol said:

Yes, even Song Ping was there. The only notable absence was Zhu Rongji. 

A letter was published to prove Zhu Rongji is still alive. Theories are he did not take part to celebration to express his dissent about what's happening in Hong Kong. Jiao Ruoyu couldn't make it either.

9 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Get this one in your DDP entries for next year:

Mary Holt who was a Tory MP for Preston North from 1970–1974 is currently 95, and has suffered ill health for several years according to this 2018 book on female parliamentarians.

Ah, she was electorally in a Ronald Atkins sandwich....

32 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Ah, she was electorally in a Ronald Atkins sandwich....

Kinky. Whatever floats your boat I suppose.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Etushispushingupdaisies said:

https://www.vedomosti.ru/amp/b706418c38/politics/articles/2019/10/06/812946-umer-bushmin. Deputy Speaker of Russia's Federation Council, Senator Yevgeny Bushmin dies after a long illness at 61.

I couldn't read that foreign gibberish, but dude looks like Jeff Bezos, if someone wants to post whore into that thread.
SC

On 16/04/2017 at 18:03, gcreptile said:

Updated list of ancient living cabinet members - some ancient french politicians still alive...

Youth, Family & Health - Anke Fuchs (born 1937)

Anke Fuchs has died: https://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/spd-politikerin-anke-fuchs-gestorben-a-1291741.html

• Like 1

Just saw this on CNN, but U.S. House Rep. Elijah Cummings has died at the age of 68.  Apparently he died in the early morning hours at Johns Hopkins Hospital of what is being described as a "long-standing illness."  I'm sure more info will come out in the coming hours, but he had surgery in May of 2017 to repair his aortic valve.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrWonderful said:

Just saw this on CNN, but U.S. House Rep. Elijah Cummings has died at the age of 68.  Apparently he died in the early morning hours at Johns Hopkins Hospital of what is being described as a "long-standing illness."  I'm sure more info will come out in the coming hours, but he had surgery in May of 2017 to repair his aortic valve.  

QO - https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/breaking-elijah-cummings-dead-congressman-20639658