Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

8 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

The former mayor of Springfield in the USA Frank Edwards and his wife  Cinda the county coroner in Sangamon have died in a plane crash. 

download.jpg

On 20/06/2019 at 17:56, drol said:

After a long indecision, I announce I chose my new favourite Asian dictator, who will be on my personal 50 for the rest of his life. Or my life, it's more likely. Seeing that gen. Prem didn't do his work properly, lasting less than 24 hours, I've chosen another die-hard Asian Communist leader as beloved general Le Duc Anh. Ladies and Gentlemen, the one and only mr. Khamtai Siphandon!

image.jpeg.3816c2ac7c05880ae6b4cf3d0f2c9bf0.jpeg That's me! I can't believe it!

And now I should be all right till tomorrow at least. No, seriously, 2025 at least.

96 today for Drol's favourite Khamtai Siphandon! :birthday:

On 28/11/2018 at 19:43, Jeremy Corbyn said:

RIP Harry Leslie Smith, a fantastic campaigner for social justice and equality and someone I was proud to have as my friend

It has been revealed that the son of  Harry Leslie Smith is now himself ill  fighting  cancer.

• Sad 2

On 21/12/2019 at 19:20, gcreptile said:

Kashmiri separatist Syed Ali Geelani hospitalised for the third or fourth time this year, but they say he's stable:

https://kmsnews.org/news/2019/12/18/syed-ali-gilani-taken-to-hospital/

I love how Geelani's health goes from critical to good in a few hours.

• Like 1

Rumours going around that both Hau Pei-tsun and Lee Teng-hui are very sick. Families denied this by adding they are both in stable conditions. Lee Teng-hui has been hospitalized for diabetes complications and aspiration pneumonia, Hau Pei-tsun has been in ICU since April after suffering a debilitating stroke and has now developed breathing complications. At 97 and 101, it shouldn't be so long.

On 13/02/2020 at 12:09, drol said:

I love how Geelani's health goes from critical to good in a few hours.

Geelani is either fine and improving or very critical, you decide.

10 minutes ago, drol said:

Geelani is either fine and improving or very critical, you decide.

He's fighting for a very special place in our hearts.

• Haha 2

Minnesota Congressman, Jim Hagedorn , has announced that he has kidney cancer.

Of course he will receive the best treatment, while devoting his political career to prevent those in need have access to affordable health care

• Like 3

On 16/02/2020 at 13:12, drol said:

Rumours going around that both Hau Pei-tsun and Lee Teng-hui are very sick. Families denied this by adding they are both in stable conditions. Lee Teng-hui has been hospitalized for diabetes complications and aspiration pneumonia, Hau Pei-tsun has been in ICU since April after suffering a debilitating stroke and has now developed breathing complications. At 97 and 101, it shouldn't be so long.

Update on Teng-hui.

He has pneumonia and has now been in hospital for 3 weeks. His lungs are being drained but the spokesperson says “at his age, we don’t know if he’ll make it”.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Man said:

Phil Murphy, Governor of New Jersey, has a kidney tumor which is likely to be cancer.

New Jersey has had a series of cancers, likely to be their recent Governors.

• Haha 1

Update on both Lee Teng-hui and Hau Pei-tsun:

*Lee Teng-hui: condition stabilized, not in imminent risk of death. Chances are in favour of recovery, once again.

*Hau Pei-tsun: remarkably stable after he suffering a "minor stroke" last April which left him with "problems with his left hand and foot, so he has to use a wheelchair". Note in April media talked about a "debilitating stroke" that left him "half-paralyzed". Very worried with his son's political career, has all his marbles. 

So they will escape agaiiiiin for now.

On 09/01/2019 at 16:03, ThePrematureBurial said:

Former defense minister Dmitry Yazov is still alive. The last marshall of the Soviet Union is 94 & very deathlisty (imo).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dmitry_Yazov

Dmitry Yazov has died at age 95.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/world/last-marshal-of-ussr-dmitry-yazov-passes-baton-at-95/news-story/c860c6596aefee4ae30d1dd713fd9c29

• Like 2

5 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Another one who sadly never made it onto the deathlist then ... :mellow:

His death means that there is only one surviving member of the 'Gang of Eight' who mounted a coup attempt against Gobachev in 1991, (which almost certainly led to his downfall a few months later), namely Oleg Baklanov who is 87 .I wonder if Gorbachev will survive them all ! 

• Like 1

On 10/06/2019 at 10:27, drol said:

K. Anbazhagan greeted the electoral victory of DMK from his bed. He looks utterly fucked.

Anbazhagan hospitalized in Chennai and has spent the last ten days in a coma.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drol said:

Anbazhagan hospitalized in Chennai and has spent the last ten days in a coma.

But seriously.... you couldn't keep that under your hat another 4 hours?