Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

Anbazhagan gets BBC (Tamil) article, which means he won't see the week out.

EDIT: Definitely tonight or tomorrow, by the looks of it.

17 minutes ago, drol said:

Anbazhagan gets BBC (Tamil) article, which means he won't see the week out.

EDIT: Definitely tonight or tomorrow, by the looks of it.

Anbazhagan dead at 97. Finally.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, drol said:

Let's be honest. The sudden death after "improvement" belongs to those Indian cases just as much as the "miraculous improvement" itself.

1 hour ago, drol said:

Anbazhasick, Anbazhabetter, Anbazhagone

• Haha 2

On 03/03/2020 at 20:55, Skinny kiltrunner said:

Someone wants this guy dead. Aslan Bzhania, a candidate for president of Abkhazia and former head of security, has been poisoned for the second time in less than a year.  You'd think a former head of security would be more careful.

QzpYnwlB4Xsze.gif

Aslan Bzhania apparently recovered and back on the campaign trail.  Silly assasins- you can't poison someone named Aslan.

pB8GowUzc6OkM.gif

• Haha 1

Chong Hon Nyan, a Malaysian politician who served in 4 consecutive cabinets, including as Minister for Health and Minister for Transport, has died aged 95.

Former PM Mahathir Mohamed, who he served under, is still with us in his mid 90s of course.

• Like 1

Labour MP Lloyd Russell-Moyle has coronavirus.

Might be a problem as despite being younger than me, he also has HIV.

Lord Ted Graham, has died days before his 95th birthday. A Labour peer, he had been the oldest member of the House of Lords since Lord Carrington’s death, though I don’t think he was still attending.

Also MP for Edmonton (1974–83), a WWII veteran and cousin of Baroness Oona King (former Labour MP for Bethnal Green and Bow).

To my knowledge, there are now only 4 living former MPs who served in WWII. Lord Christopher, who is 95 next month, is now the oldest member of the House of Lords. 

Tribute from the Co-operative Party.

• Thanks 1

BBC reporting Alex Salmond cleared of various sexual assault/attempted rape charges.

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

BBC reporting Alex Salmond cleared of various sexual assault/attempted rape charges.

What a load of old shit!

On the bright side, I look forward to seeing the split in the SNP developing because Salmond blames Nicola. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Windsor said:

What a load of old shit!

On the bright side, I look forward to seeing the split in the SNP developing because Salmond blames Nicola. 

Aye, I'm somewhat staggered to discover Fozzy Bear fucked no-one against their will because it had a Harvey Wankstain feel about it. But - looking at the BBC coverage - the strain has put the years on him: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52004285

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Windsor said:

What a load of old shit!

I’ve thought about this but not sure it will happen. How many of the Nats are loyal to him over her? Probably not enough. Though interesting to see so many of them are stepping down at the next election...

Just now, Ulitzer95 said:

I’ve thought about this but not sure it will happen. How many of the Nats are loyal to him over her? Probably not enough. Though interesting to see so many of them are stepping down at the next election...

Enough for there to be skirmishes. Watch for how prominent Joanna Cherry becomes in the near future.

2 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

My MSP Stewart Stevenson is stepping down. Banffshire and Buchan Coast.

I’ll wager he stands in this constituency based on the fact he was the ‘popular’ Banff and Buchan MP for many years. The local party apparently wanted a woman to replace Stevenson but they’ll jizz everywhere if they get Salmond. Even if he is an adultering old perv who preys on women. 

• Like 1

On ‎21‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 01:18, Ulitzer95 said:

Richard Tracey, Daily Express journo and BBC reporter turned Conservative MP (Surbiton, 1983–97) then London Assembly Member (2008–2016) dead at 77 according to various tweets.

Also Maggie’s Minister for Sport (1985–87).

Date of death for Richard Tracey confirmed as 19 March, despite Wiki and Google currently: http://announcements.telegraph.co.uk/deaths/240400/tracey

• Like 1

On 25/07/2019 at 19:31, drol said:

North Africa in general has lot to offer in matter of old politicians.

*Hamed Karoui (1927), rumoured to be dead last year, he actually lost his brother a month later circa. His nephew will run for president

Hamed Karoui, longtime PM for Ben Ali, has died at 92.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drol said:

Hamed Karoui, longtime PM for Ben Ali, has died at 92.

Ah good, Drol, now, there's a new Cup round on the 1st so I'm relying on your ability to dig out Asian politicians on life support in the next few days. :D

1 hour ago, msc said:

Ah good, Drol, now, there's a new Cup round on the 1st so I'm relying on your ability to dig out Asian politicians on life support in the next few days. :D

Shall I suggest Indian freedom fighter and MP Bhabani Charan Pattanayak, who is currently in ICU after developing a cardiac issue? 97 and has been frail for some time.

• Like 2